PDA

View Full Version : Retro and lvl 10

K-villeplayer
05-28-2002, 06:50 PM
Before anyone jumps on me about not doing a search for it, I already did and did not find my answer. Now to the question:

When the lvl 10 comes out, I would suspect that it would be put on the retro valve upgrades. WOuld it be more prudent to wait and get a retro with the lvl 10 in it or to buy the retro now and then buy the lvl 10 when it comes out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Load SM5
05-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Kinda hard to say. That depends on if the price of the level 10 retro is higher than the non-level 10 retro. If they are the same or close I would wait.

Jonno06
05-28-2002, 06:58 PM
well,i have the ReTro valve already so.....HA!

and i dont think the level 10 is a valve,but more of a bolt.....:confused:

Load SM5
05-28-2002, 06:59 PM
It'll be a few valve parts as well as the bolt. Nothing too major and nothing you can't install yourself.

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm willing to bet that Level 10 will be in such high demand for such a long time that it will only be sold as an upgrade for existing guns and put on the new Xtremes once they start getting produced. Everything eventually will get shifted over to Level 10, but I don't think that you'll be able to get a Retro Valve right away with the mod already installed. You'd be better off getting the Valve now and the upgrade once it is available.

SlipknotX556
05-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Its a bolt and a few O rings, some other stuff.

steveg
05-28-2002, 07:39 PM
given the success of my last bit of lvl 10 subversion :p,
its had to imagine why, once the lvl 10 is proven, it would
take any time at all to become standard on new mags or
why it should cost any more (assuming no additional parts
or changes to more expensive materials)

RT_Luver
05-28-2002, 07:49 PM
hmmm....I say get it now.

K-villeplayer
05-28-2002, 08:40 PM
I would go ahead and get the retro now but based on the estimates for the price of the level 10 from other members at around $100 give or take, I thought that I would wait and see if the retro with the level 10 installed would be a little cheaper and cost effective. I can't get a job during these summer months and reffing soccer, the checks come twice a year in lump sums. THis limits my spending ability and I have to make every dollar count, especially if I want to play after I buy all of this stuff.

luke
05-29-2002, 08:32 AM
Aren't we jumping the gun here. :D How do you know you want the level 10......

the JoKeR
05-29-2002, 08:49 AM
'Cause Tom said it's good!:)

luke
05-29-2002, 08:51 AM
You don't know what it is. (?)

K-villeplayer
05-29-2002, 10:29 AM
Based on the preformance of the emag with the lvl 10 in it and on full auto without chopping any paint, that made me think that it would be a good thing to invest in.

luke
05-29-2002, 11:55 AM
You still don't know what it is. How do you know it's a good investment. ;)

steveg
05-29-2002, 12:41 PM
Based on the preformance of the emag with the lvl 10 in it and on full auto without chopping any paint, that made me think that it would be a good thing to invest in.

Uh that was a demo of the 22bps feed rate of the halo
ANYTHING with sufficient back time for a ball to correctly
feed will do that.

LVL 10 which is supposed to be passive anti-chop
(as opposed to electronic) has yet to be shown to us and therefore unproven.

If memory serves my correctly Luke has been shipped every
dud AGD has ever sent out the door, so his skepticism is
understandable.

I would love for lvl 10 to work, my mag hates anything but
marbalizer

luke
05-29-2002, 02:02 PM
If memory serves my correctly Luke has been shipped every dud AGD has ever sent out the door, so his skepticism is understandable.
Well I don't know if I have had that much trouble, but I have to admit I have had some odd problems along the way. Personally I'm a very happy customer right now, both my Mags are running better than they ever have.

As far as skepticism is concerned, it's not so much that, it's more what kind of "up grade" it is. Some might think it so, some not. Like I said my Mags are running great, why fix it if it's not broke.

WHO said AGD doesn't know marketing!

steveg
05-29-2002, 02:17 PM
don't mind me just a passing cynic phase they usually don't
last long.;)

Ultimator
05-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by K-villeplayer
estimates for the price of the level 10 from other members at around $100 give or takeYeah give or take $70 :P Tom said it won't be a ridiculous amount ... my guess is anywhere from $30 up to $50.

K-villeplayer
05-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Well it's good to know that my estimate was a little high. That means the extra cash that I have sitting around can be put into a warp if your prediction is right.

Sorry about the misunderstanding with the emag. I guess i didn't read the post closely enough. I'll have to go and check and make sure though.:)

animal
05-30-2002, 10:19 AM
Well, word has it that it will fit ANY mag valve... regular or retro, and will be similar to a "parts kit" type of an upgrade. I won't divulge any more than that of what I know :)

Krazy Ivan
05-30-2002, 11:37 AM
BlackVCG had said a while back that the kit includes:
New bolt
New power tube parts
New O-rings

I can't seem to remember if there was something else, however the projected time was 8 weeks, and that was 3 weekes ago.
Therefore we can thus conclude it will be out in about a month, maybe mid-august, that is unless the time table has been changed.

K-villeplayer
05-30-2002, 02:11 PM
So this upgrade should be able to fit any gun, no matter the valve? That would be a great convenience.

Thanks for the help. Now if i could only find a retro valve used or cheap, I would be in business. :)

FrAuStY
05-30-2002, 02:38 PM
I believe the LVL10 upgrade consists of a new bolt, redeisgned power tube tip (for lowering perating pressure) and new PT o-rings to slow the bolts forward movement (decreasing the chance of the bolt smacking the waiting ball and crcking the shell) Also the new bolt may have a tapered head to aid the slowed forward movement. It all makes sense :)

K-villeplayer
05-30-2002, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all of the helpful info. I really appreciate it.