PDA

View Full Version : Steven Seagal First Paintball Game

theraidenproject
05-28-2002, 08:14 PM
from http://www.smartparts.com/sphollywood.htm
Hollywood Update - Steven Seagal first game
The excitement level was high as we took up positions to play paintball at Steven Seagal's house deep in the shadows of a wooded canyon. Seagal, dressed in Smart Parts camos, proved to be an impressive and formidable player. Though he had never shot a paintball gun before, Seagal hunkered down and efficiently took out five foes. Then with deadly accuracy he executed an almost impossible shot, eliminating an experienced player who was under tight cover... unfortunately for the player, two inches of his boot heel were visible --- just enough for Seagal to zero in on.
lol. Playing with Seagal would be great. Anyone wipes, he snaps their necks. (Mad TV reference to anyone who doesn't get it.)

X-Plosive
05-28-2002, 08:16 PM
I saw that two days ago at SP.com, what is up with his weird yellow shirt?

StuDawggie
05-28-2002, 08:17 PM
I hope his ponytail didn't get in the way of his game...

And as for your snapping the neck refernece that was great.:D do you think he tried to run up any walls?

paintbattler
05-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by theraidenproject
great. Anyone wipes, he snaps their necks. (Mad TV reference to anyone who doesn't get it.)
lol really.. maybe it would make the cheaters not cheat

RT_Luver
05-28-2002, 08:22 PM
lol...paintbattler, i'm sure it would

theraidenproject
05-28-2002, 08:31 PM
I just noticed something. IN the first article, they say he picked up an Impy and was hitting everything he was aiming at in his yard, but in the addition, it says "though he had never shot a paintball gun before" :confused:

rx2
05-28-2002, 08:47 PM
I wonder what they mean by "experienced." Steven isn't exactly in impressive shape. Of course, most painbtallers aren't, either, so I guess it isn't a factor. Of course, it was his yard, so he had better have cleaned house. Home field advantage doesn't get much stronger than that.

Load SM5
05-28-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by StuDawggie
I hope his ponytail didn't get in the way of his game...

And what's that supposed to mean?;)

bofh
05-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by rx2 Steven isn't exactly in impressive shape

Er, what's your idea of impressive shape?

rx2
05-28-2002, 11:03 PM
It is hard to say, actually, when taking into consideration that paintballers can vary greatly. Also, with obesity rampant, I guess that he really isn't that bad off. However, Steven is getting up there in age. This, in addition with the fact that he has put on a bit of weight, creates what would seem to be a rather disfavorable physique for current styles of play, which tends to be faster than it used to be. Granted, his training helps with the reflexes, but damage to neurons and demyelination take their toll after a while, slowing down reflexes beyond what training can restore. He never seemed very dexterous in his lower body, either. So, when they say he cleaned house his first time out, even against seasoned playes, it seems odd considering the above factors. Of course, anything is possible in a game like paintball.

X-Plosive
05-28-2002, 11:09 PM
What is SP going to say?

"Yeah Steven sucks but atleast the gun looks good, right?."?

Or the patented

"I think the seasoned players were whiping."?

Come on it's SP, they are known for outrageous claims. Surprising considering the performance of their guns is not bad.

rx2
05-28-2002, 11:22 PM
When it comes to getting attention, being outrageous is often the best thing to do.

Mango
05-29-2002, 06:17 AM
Wow in the article on the site it says they pitched a "Paintball Feature Film" and a "Paintball Reality Series!" That rocks!!! The film was picked up by a major holywood studio.

shartley
05-29-2002, 06:51 AM
Wow in the article on the site it says they pitched a "Paintball Feature Film" and a "Paintball Reality Series!" That rocks!!! The film was picked up by a major holywood studio.
That is very true, but the whole article was marketing hype and little else.

Are you aware of how many “pitches” get made for things in Hollywood? LOL Making a pitch means absolutely nothing. And the way they word “found a home” does not lead me to believe it will actually be made. It MIGHT, but until contracts are signed and shooting begins, nothing has really happened…. Heck even shows that get totally shot don’t always leave the cutting room.

The same with when they said:

In the middle of the week we picked up something totally unexpected---a potential relationship with Special Effects Unlimited to provide guns for the movie Terminator III.
Sounds great, but means nothing. We are all potential winners of the Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes too! ;) I have been at a few of these types of “meetings” and it probably was a nice chit-chat and what-ifs session, but little else. “Let’s do lunch.” does not always mean you will actually end up eating lunch with someone… most of the time it is simply a way of saying “Good bye.” :D

The article looked to me like a bunch of Newbies getting impressed over things that happen every day in Hollywood. They had a great time, but act like my teenage kids coming back from a trip with their friends. Be careful what you read, and don’t read into it any more than common sense would dictate. But they are counting on people reading into it though.. ;) That’s what makes a simple field trip into a life-altering event. ;)

As X-Plosive eluded to… be careful what you read from these guys.

-§on-
05-29-2002, 07:53 AM
I saw that too on Smart Parts site. His Impulse is the crap. I think its pretty good. He looks like the bad arse type of paintballer.

StuDawggie
05-31-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

And what's that supposed to mean?;)

I just hope you're not one of those guys who's bald on top and has a ponytail just to make up for what you're lacking upstairs...:p