PDA

View Full Version : degassing

MiCrOMaG36
05-29-2002, 07:07 AM
Has anyone had problems with their mags degassing when you are shooting really fast. Sometimes when im shooting fast the trigger will degass it feels like. i got a 2000 micromag rt and when it happens the trigger will go limp like the nitro isnt even in it and you are just pulling the trigger. then a few seconds later it will be fine and will start shooting. i figured i would post this hear before i sent it in to airgun designs to get it tested.
if you know anything that could be doing it like paint chips or adjustments or something let me know. i know its not leaking because you cant hear it anywere and my tank pressure doesnt drop when i set my gun down between games.

PyRo
05-29-2002, 07:25 AM
Do you have any trigger jobs on the gun?
You could be shortstroking, be sure that you are completly pulling and releasing the trigger on each shot.

MiCrOMaG36
05-29-2002, 05:49 PM
it is a stock 2000 micromag rt proteams , except i got a thor regulator and a kapp drop but those shouldnt be screwing it up like that right. like i said the trigger goes limp then a couple seconds later will shoot again. i was thinking that maybe the brass pivoting piece behind the trigger, i couldnt find the name. The front of that is supposed to go up through the frame and hit the spring on the power tube and catch it right. well i was thinking that maybe its not going up all the way and catching it. i cleaned it really good and am going to try to play with it this weekend. If it does mess up though i think im going to send it in.
thanks for your help

virus
05-29-2002, 06:54 PM
this kinda sounds like boltstick to me..... if you got a spacer kit with your mag you'll need it now if not you'll need to get one....

when ready take out your vlave, remove the bolt you should see a brass tip on your powertube... use a nickle to take it off... inside you'll find another spacer and oring... replace the oring in it looks bad.... but what you really want to look for/at is the spacer... there should be a number on it (probly .220 or .225)..... you want to put in the next longer spacer from the kit in.... repeat that if you still get boltstick..... if it starts leakin down the barrel go one smaller

Thrash
05-29-2002, 07:02 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but I think I know. When it makes that sound all you have to do is pull the trigger again then it should pop back into place. If that doesn't work, something else is wrong.

FrAuStY
05-30-2002, 11:26 AM
Are you using nitro? If so.. ditch the THOR reg.. its starving the internal reg for AIR.. causing sever shootdown. If you're running nitro.. the tank has a reg on it.. prolly 800 psi or somewhere around there.. the RT valve has abuilt in reg to bring that down to 400 psi operating pressure. When you put the third reg in there.. you have now put another roadblock in the path of your airsupply. Under high rof you have to wait for all three of these regs to recharge before your marker is supplied with the correct amount of air. Thats your problem :p

MiCrOMaG36
06-02-2002, 03:19 PM
Frausty i think you got the problem. Thanks, im going to return the thor and see if that will work.
THANKS AGAIN :D