PDA

View Full Version : help-2 shots per pull

emumikey
05-29-2002, 07:53 AM
I have two problems with the RT that I just got, its a used older style one. Its got a benchy double trigger frame.
The gun shoots two shots per trigger pull, one on the initial pull, and another when the trigger is release. Another problem with the gun is that I am chopping like every third ball. three balls. I took this gun to the field the other day and couldnt shoot it to save my life. Spent more than half the day off the field cleaning the gun. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bartleby
05-29-2002, 11:43 AM
it sounds like you have a combination of an autoresponse trigger and double feeding. the autoresponse trigger was manufactured in the early nineties, i think, and it allowed for two balls to be shot per each trigger pull, one on the pull and one on the release. you can stop the second ball from firing by fabricating a trigger stop to catch the trigger before it reaches the point where it readies the second ball. for the issue of double feeding, take your ball detent and use pliers to increase the amount the wire enters into the barrel.

and if i'm completely off then let me know.

another idea could be that you are shortstroking on the second ball and thus the third ball will break. but take a look at your trigger mechanism and see if it's not an autoresponse setup.

emumikey
05-29-2002, 11:50 AM
I have no idea what an autoresponse setup looks like. If it is an autoresponse setup, how do I get rid of it? Thanks

Bartleby
05-29-2002, 11:54 AM
here are a few images. the first is the autoresponse sear installed in the body rail.

Bartleby
05-29-2002, 11:55 AM
this is a picture of the normal sear

Bartleby
05-29-2002, 11:55 AM
and this is a picture of what a trigger stop would look like once installed on the autoresponse trigger frame.

emumikey
05-29-2002, 06:20 PM
i have a standard sear and no autoresponse
does anybody else have any ideas

Butterfingers
05-29-2002, 06:28 PM
Your on/off pin is too short. Whn the on off pin has been shaved or worn past say .735" you get an autoresponse RT. And it will chop every 3rd ball no matter how fast you fire it.

You should call AGD up and see what they can do for you.

emumikey
05-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Well that makes sense for sure, thanks alot!!

PyRo
05-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Make sure that your bolt and sear are not work excessivly, that could also cause it.

emumikey
05-30-2002, 07:23 AM
That may be it. I can check that when I get home. I know that it is an older gun, the serial number is in the 5000's. But the bolt is the ANS Venturi, I am waiting till I can get a hold of the superbolt to replace that.

rolo2169
05-30-2002, 12:01 PM
IT IS YOUR BOLT. I have had an RT for a long time 00292(I think) I bought it new. I bought a RT off of e-bay and it did the same thing as you have discussed. The RT I bought on e-bay had an after market bolt. I took my old faithful bolt out and placed it in the newer RT and the gun worked flawless. I could problem fix it with a spacer but I am just going to buy a stock bolt, they work best in my experience

emumikey
05-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Tanks alot Ill try the bolt.

PyRo
05-30-2002, 02:09 PM
ANS bolts wear down faster than AGD bolts. If you end up needing a new one, go with an AGD bolt.

emumikey
05-30-2002, 02:18 PM
I want to go with the stock bolt, but I think I want to hold out until the superbolt is re-released. If I buy a stock bolt now, I will just end up buying the superbolt when it comes out, might as well just wait eh?