PDA

View Full Version : How to jerry rig your 90 warp elbow onto a vertical feed

BTAutoMag
05-29-2002, 11:30 AM
well i get my 90 degree warp elbow in the mail and even though im already late for work i can see that it wont fit. in other words... there is a male adapter and a female adapther on the 90 and the male is used for the hose. that leaves female on female;) well i get home from work and i set to jerry rigging it.

To specify this is for those vertical feeds that have the elbows combined with the feed

first i put the hose to the female side instead of the male side. what you do is you tae some scissors and cut a .75mm slot 1 inch long into the hose. tht makes it fit into the female end (you may have to take out the screw and then put it back in afterwards.

then that left the male (90) to female (gun). i had a spare plastic elbow laying around and found out rather quickly that the male end fit prefectly into it. so i took a hack saw and chopped off the end i needed. then for the hard part. i used sand paper but it took some time... take the chopped elbow that fits on the 90 and sand it down to the size of the vetical adapter.

thats it. it only took me 4 hours and 6 blisters to do this but it wasnt long cause was talking to footemps for most of it. ill post pics of the finished product later.

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 12:15 PM
I'v heard most people just cut off about 1/4" (just to remove the fat part that the adjusting screw sits on)and jam the remaining material into their vert feed. Sounds like you got it done :) post some pics :D! We love to SEE what yer talking about :)

BTAutoMag
05-31-2002, 12:16 PM
ill try... i have a lot to to before i go to work.

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 03:44 PM
i guess you are off to work so let's see some pics when you get back.

minimag187
06-02-2002, 09:53 AM
Nice mag there on your picture bud =);)

xmetal2001
06-03-2002, 11:54 AM
My friend got his working with the combination of duct tape and the feed part of an old revy.

speedballbanks
06-03-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by minimag187
Nice mag there on your picture bud =);)

i was just wondering who were you talking to lol :D