PDA

View Full Version : emag sometimes it clicks, sometimes it fires

banzaimf
05-29-2002, 01:51 PM
as the subject lines says, when I firing the emag, everynow and then, I can hear the solenoid clicking, but the gun doesn't fire. When I swap it back to hybrid mode, I can get it to fire like a normal rt, then I can go mack to emode and fire some more.

ANy ideas on what is wrong?

banzaimf

synreal
05-29-2002, 02:07 PM
i had (have) a similar issue, Black suggested that it may be a bent connection between the solenoid plunger and the rest of the sear assembly.

have you ever tried to pull your body rail off of the grip frame before removing the sear pin?

wrigleyje
05-30-2002, 01:46 PM
I'm having the exact same problem.

If it is a bent connection as Black suggested, do I need to replace the solenoid, or can it be fixed easily? Would it have a visible bend in it somewhere?

Thx.

Kevmaster
05-30-2002, 02:54 PM
i currently have that problem, although that is to be expected with a on-off pin made for an RT Pro in my Emag. bench grinder? what? yeh, i know, im gettin a new On-Off pin to prolly fix that as we speak. also, take out the sear assy and clean it and make sure its all adjusted right

wrigleyje
05-31-2002, 12:55 PM
OK. I took out the sear assembly and cleaned it. I don't see any obvious bends or crimps in the assembly but it's hard to tell without a good one to compare it to.

I put it back together and tested it by applying a little pressure to the sear where the on/off pin would normally apply pressure. It works fine if I use light pressure, but I am able to push down hard enough to keep the solenoid plunger from moving.

Is it possible that the on/off pin is "sticky" and too difficult for the plunger to move? Or, could it be that the solonoid is dying and isn't as strong as it should be to push the pin?

One more question, should the solenoid plunger be oiled or dry?

BlackVCG
06-01-2002, 09:47 AM
Okay, pull out the valve and then remove the brass on/off assembly. Look down in the bottom of the hole and you should see a black o-ring. It might come out stuck to the tip of the on/off pin also. Either way, you should have a black o-ring in there. If there's a yellowish/clear o-ring in there, then that's the problem. Get the quad o-ring from the AGD Online Store and the gun should be good to go.

Make sure your on/off pin length is the correct length. .712" if you have a brass on/off top and .725" if you have an aluminum on/off top piece.

wrigleyje
06-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Thanks Black.

You nailed it. I had the wrong type of o-ring in there. I replaced it and it seems to work fine now. Thanks!!!

06-10-2002, 06:50 PM
anti-chop eye?

KamikazePenguin
06-10-2002, 09:58 PM
my e-mag does the same thing, but it never does it within about 2k shots of a fresh battery charge. So, it seems that it would be a symptom of low battery, but I don't get a low battery light for another few K shots (which I still only get about 5k shots out of a full battery). I had my E-mag done as a conversion and it WAS working fine when I got it. Never tried to take off the rail w/out taking out sear pin, and I do have the black quad o-ring. Any suggestions?

BlackVCG
06-10-2002, 10:37 PM
KP-

Test the voltage on your E-Mag battery with a multimeter. You should be getting up around 18V out of it when it's fully charged. You should be getting around 20,000 shots out of your battery. I'm willing to bet your pack is going dead on you. Give AGD a call and see what they can do for you.

Kaiser Bob
06-11-2002, 02:25 AM
I get the same darn problem, checked the solenoid plunger and thats A-ok. and it typically happens more toward midday out on the field, but im not dumping a case a game so the battery is giving out way early. It does output over 18 volts when charged though, wish i had unlimited air to see how many shots my battery is lasting.