PDA

View Full Version : AGD Tech question re/stripped Emag adjustment screw

FaSSt
05-29-2002, 02:33 PM
The allen-head screw that adjusts the magnet position in my Emag's trigger is stripped. I would like to get this fixed. Is there a relatively easy way I could do this myself somehow? If not, should I send just the frame back to AGD?

On an unrelated note, how do I keep the front screw holding the gun together (the screw immediately in front of the trigger) from backing out? I tried an o-ring, like on a Phantom, but this does not seem to work. If I torque the screw down enough to keep it from backing out, then my bolt sticks and the gun does not fire. This problem is more of an annoyance really, but perhaps somebody has some ideas.

a_malfunction
05-29-2002, 03:40 PM
To hold the screws in, you could always use some low-strength loctite... Or You could try wraping the screw with a generous amount of teflon tape.

Kevmaster
05-30-2002, 02:59 PM
yep. i recomend putting a couple of drops of loctite on the end of the screw and just screwing it in pretty tight. at most stores, get "Blue" loctite. either way, meduim grade

FaSSt
05-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Loctite is a no go, because I need to take that screw out every time I clean the gun.

I may try the tape, however.

Thanks

Splathappy
05-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Ther is a lowergrade Loctite that should work fine( cant remeber the actual color (i think its kinda purple)) thats just for setting screws and its not strong enough to keep you fomr making ajustments.

BlackVCG
05-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Are you absolutely sure the screw head is stripped? Because possibly your allen wrench head is rounded off. It's a small one (1/16")

Just put a washer under the screw and that will keep it from going in too far and you'll be able to fully tighten it. Or you can just grind down the head of the screw a bit.

Potatoboy
05-30-2002, 05:03 PM
I believe you mean the tip of the screw black.