PDA

View Full Version : I will need a new home field soon

FaSSt
05-29-2002, 02:41 PM
I will be moving to Charlottesville, Virginia is a few months. What are some good fields within 1.5 hours driving distance? Names or links would be very appreciated. I know that there is an indoor field actually in Charlottesville, but it's by appointment only.

By the way, I currently play at First Strike Paintball (http://www.firststrikepaintball.com) by Gainesville, Florida. That place is awesome, and the owners are very, very nice. It's a relatively new location for the field, and they have hyperball, Sup Air and woods fields. Highly recommended!

marley618
05-29-2002, 03:33 PM
I live in Yorktown, Va. I've been to Charlottesville a few times, but it's about 2.5 hours away from me. The University of Virginia is there so a good paintball field has to be somewhere around there. Dave Mattews is from Charlottesville, e-mial him and tell him to build a huge paintball field if there isnt one there already. He built a really nice skatepark there. One of my sisters best friends goes to UVA so I'll let you know if I ever head out there, mabey we can play paintball together sometime.

Dude
05-29-2002, 03:35 PM
That is in northern - central VA right?

Well north VA has some of the best paintball in the U.S. For one thing, there is Pevs, which is the largest paintball only chain of retail stores in the world. 5 of the six Pev's proshops are in North VA and the other is in Maryland. Pev's also has a pretty good field, with great hyperball and decent woods fields. Also in North Virginia are fields: AG paintball, Hogback Mountain Paintball, VAG paintball, and some others nearer to Richmond. All of those fields specialize in woods play. The only field I really don't like is Hogback, it is expensive, overly geared towards newbies and the staff is really anal, especially the field manager, he's such a jackass.