PDA

View Full Version : Someone who has tried bypassing the air reg and using an inline?

fearc7
05-29-2002, 02:52 PM
does this make a very big difference in consistancy

Butterfingers
05-29-2002, 06:59 PM
i have and no. Try matching your paint to your barrel. Out of the box a mag is capable of flatlining the chrono.

SHAG
05-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I have and it works pretty good. I used a Palmer Stabilizer as the "velocity" adjuster. I removed the regulator Valve in the AIR valve. The whole thing worked very well with CO2. The morning chronoed within 4 feet. The end of the day the chrono was in 2 feet. I have several stabilizers that were not adjusted in a number of months one of them was at least 2 years. That Stabilizer will flatline the chrono with good paint.

So don't worry about it. It will work.

Later,
Alan

fearc7
05-30-2002, 08:38 AM
up for some more comments

FrAuStY
05-30-2002, 09:48 AM
personally I'd leave it as is.. I mean AGD spent alot of time engineering the stock valve and reg to be the most consistent reg for the mag. Its kinda like.. Buying an Acura integra.. and swapping the motor out for one in a civic hx. Sure it can be done.. but why would you want to?

DJSOLID
05-30-2002, 10:19 AM
I agree with Frausty. Why re-invent the wheel?

Ityl
05-30-2002, 01:24 PM
It's prolly a good idea with CO2 because the stabilizer is one of the best regs out for CO2 and the AIR is more of a warm weather valve :)

My mag froze with an expansion chamber, when it was 75 out, and I was pointing the gun up most of the time.

But definitely don't run both regs at once.

PyRo
05-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Don't bother, isn't going to help you.

Kevmaster
05-30-2002, 02:51 PM
i disagree. although Airgun has one of the best valves on the market(prolly THE best for OEM stock regs--maybe MaxFlow aside), the Stabilizer is the most amazing reg for Co2 i have ever seen. if you are using CO2, a stabilizer will have a great help on preformance. however, to use it efectively, either gut the stock reg(a bit drastic) or just turn the velo all the way up on the AIR and then set the Stab to the pressure desired for the right velo