PDA

View Full Version : Emag Safety

dem0n697
05-29-2002, 03:14 PM
Occasionally the safety mechanism on my Emag will get stuck. As in it takes extreme ammounts of pressure to release it. How can I rectify this problem?

FaSSt
05-29-2002, 10:52 PM
I had the same problem. Actually, I should say have, but I just leave the safety in "fire" and use the yellow interrupt plug as a safety.

I saw this same problem posted here before, and did not see a resolution to it.

Potatoboy
05-29-2002, 11:03 PM
It seems like the cause of that might be too much pressure on the saftey itself from the saftey spring. You might be able to remove the set screw (Make sure the spring and ball don't go flying!!) ans cilp the spring ever so slightly.

I don't recommend doing this, and will not be held responsible if you screw it up. Just keep working on pushing it back and forth and it should get a little looser.

Strider
05-30-2002, 11:38 AM
I had this happen a few weeks ago. It wouldn't move without a good smack.

I dissasembled down to the safety, and oiled the spring & detent and everything was good.

RT-Rockin
07-18-2002, 07:50 PM
My EMAG is doing the same thing. I tried oiling the ball and spring area and it is still soo hard to actuate. Would it be OK to cut the spring a little? If so, how much is a safe amount to cut off?

Rockin

jeffremiller
07-19-2002, 08:22 AM
I've had this happen many times. Last time I took my grip apart... I accidentally lost the ball bearing that sits in there with the spring. I put the spring back in without it till I could get another one. When I put it back together, I decided I liked the lighter safety throw so I never got another bearing.

I can't recommend this because it's just a matter of time till the spring bends or gets crimped but for now... for me... this worked out well.... Even if the spring bends, springs should be cheap.

J_