PDA

View Full Version : Standard feed body..

boarderguy
05-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Hey i was wondering if it's all right to cut down the feed neck on a standard feed body??

its too long and makes the hopper sit too high....

Bartleby
05-30-2002, 07:47 AM
yes it's ok. the reason they're so long is to keep you from sticking your finger down the feed tube while the gun is gased and potentially chopping you finger off. so just be careful with it, although that is assumed. :D

K-villeplayer
05-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Are you actually serious about the finger thing?

Puddleglum
05-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Yeah, if you do it right it will do fine. But to tell you the truth, you will be much more happy with a powerfeed body. I promise it will be worth whatever you have to do for it( well with the exception of getting married or something like that...........). Actually the tube is made long to get a good stack to paintballs in the breech. But you would do much better you get a powerfeed body.

Bartleby
05-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Actually Puddlegum i was serious. :D The feed tube is actually that long so that you can't stick your finger in it. We had this discussion before and Cphilip, Army, and AGD came in and admitted to that. Kinda funny though isn't it? I always thought it was specifically engineered to be that length for some better reason than that, but oh well...:D

drx975
05-31-2002, 09:46 PM
I would say dont do it. I dont have any firsthand experience with this kind of thing, but we all know AGD makes their guns the best they can. If you alter something, like the feed tube, you (in this case) run the risk of catching a really bad chop problem. The balls are supposed to line up a certain way, and its my belief that AGD made it that long for a reason. If you cut it, there is probably a certain place to cut it at, and even if you do cut it there, it will definetly feed slower. So think about what you are doing before you go and do it. Im not saying DONT do it, but chances are somethin will happen. (In that case get the powerfeed body, puts +1 to possibly 2 balls per second on your feed speed)

boarderguy
06-01-2002, 12:49 PM
ok... well first off.. its not my main paintball marker.. is just a back-up/extra marker lying around...

secondly... i dont care about the BPS that i will get/lose... it's only used for rec-ball by my dad usually and sometime's i get around to using it..

so with that i think i am gunna cut it off... my neighbor owns a machine shop and can cut it down then hone the inside to make sure there is no sharp edge to chop a ball...

i just want a really low profile for rec/bush ball and dont really care about BPS when i'm playing bush ball..

drx975
06-01-2002, 03:30 PM
bush ball....lol....:D

Schnitzel
06-01-2002, 05:10 PM
I've seen it done..looks almost better than PF

boarderguy
06-01-2002, 10:59 PM
YES.. BUSH BALL... hahaha.. got a prob??

i dont normally play rec ball.. i play for Hellstorm.. and will hopefully start playing the NPPL tourny's by atleast next summer depending on sponsers...