PDA

View Full Version : Why is the eMag battery so big vs a Hyperframe or an Angel?

BartManSr
05-29-2002, 05:40 PM
Why such a big difference in size. I sure this affects the weight of the marker also.

Thanks

Thordic
05-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Well, first I'll cover the angel.

It's battery isn't too small either. But the Angel has a triple-tube design, and the battery slides into one of those tubes. As we all know, we only are worth ONE measly tube, so Tom has to glue a box to the front :)

As for the Hyperframe, it uses a 9V in the grip. It also doesn't hold a charge as long or work as well as an emag.

AGD uses a very large solenoid, and it takes a lot of power to work the sear properly. This needs a lot of power.

They could use a smaller battery, but then the Emag would just be a shiny Hypermag. And no one wants that.

BartManSr
05-29-2002, 11:24 PM
So your saying it takes a lot more power to run the eMag. From the looks of the size of the battery, it must take about six times the power to run the eMag.

That doesn't seem right. Sorry, I'm still confused about the size.

Thordic
05-29-2002, 11:52 PM
It takes twice as much power than the Hyperframe (18V vs. 9V) and it also lasts 5X to 10X as long (Or somewhere around there).

FooTemps
05-30-2002, 12:19 AM
The design is easier than the angel and more powerful than the hyperframe. It works reliably and well. It can also be a universal battery for powering other things like the warpfeed(if you do the 18v mod)... I don't know how long the battery lasts with warp tho...

AGD
05-30-2002, 01:21 AM
It's a reliablity thing. Believe me, we didn't make it that big for our health. Solenoids heat up under continous use, it takes more power when its hot for it to pull the same amount. We designed it to fire continously for thousands of rounds in all weather conditions. If the Emag stopped shooting for no apparent reason you would all have my throat!!

The other issue is the length of time we hold the sear down for. If you let it go too fast, the bolt bounces off the bumper and whacks into the sear damaging both eventually. We hold the sear down three times longer than other frames so you don't hurt your parts.

THAT'S why we have a bigger battery!!

AGD

Thordic
05-30-2002, 08:20 AM
There you have it folks, straight from the horses mouth.

Size does matter.

BartManSr
05-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Thanks. I see say's the blind man.

Creative Mayhem
05-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Hey thordic, are you calling Tom a horse????

*Note to Tom: Thordic thinks your a horse, remember that next time he needs service :D ;)