PDA

View Full Version : AGD pride at challenge cup

skirts
05-29-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey Hey all,
sorry about the delay in getting this up but its been a busy weekend for the team. we played challenge cup this weekend (5-man) and missed the cut. we had a good day, just things wernt going our way on the field. in total we played 6 games. each game was acutally two games in one, like the s.p.o.r.e.s said, it was two 5 minute games back to back. we got put in a really tough division and only the top two would advance.

in our division was:
1) brimstone smoke
2) bam
3) farside kids
4) bad to the bone
5) voltage dc
6) AGD pride
7) opposing force???

as you can see we had our work cut out for ourselves.

we played brimstone smoke on the mounds field
we lost the first game to them however beat them the second game, butch had to bonus ball one of them because he thought the guy was dead man walking...
we are happy that we were able to beat the team that won the whole tournament.

our game with bam didnt go so well when we lost 3 guys of the break leaving todd and i in a 2 on 5 situation.

farside kids played their hearts out and we stalemated them twice in a row (though we got first pull both games).

we rolled voltage dc quickly on the other mounds fields and it was amazing listening to butch and chupas shooting like they were on full auto.

highlights:

butch got checked to see if his emag was in full auto because he was shooting sooooo fast and consistant.

scooter was really fast in the mounds field getting the first pull in an amazing dive then bunkering out the guy on the other side.

toddy was breaking to the center everygame to get the first pull in nearly every field we played

i didnt see chupas much during the games because he was playing the opposite tape as me, i do know though that he was the one hanging the flag most games.

we set up next to the spores who had a great tourney taking 5th (congrats brothers) with a guest appearance by troy from the AGD lions

tom came buy to watch some games and see how the guns were shooting.

the guns worked awsome... very few if any broken balls downt he barrels, and i think not a single chop.

we were happy to see so many people using warps and emags on saturday, and thanks to all the AOers that stopped by to say hey.

thanks for the support
hugs and kisses
skirts

pics will be up tonight

we dont know how we placed beacuse forest has not posted the scores yet that i can find

SlipknotX556
05-29-2002, 06:26 PM
Cant wait for those pics.

FordPrefect
05-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Yea, I stopped by. Nice playing, guys. I saw you guys playin on feild 5, I think it was, the Ultimate Air ball feild. Well, you guys won.

Good job!:D

Scooter/Cootie
05-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Here's the pics guys. :)

Scooter/Cootie
05-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Wait, where's the barrel plugs? :D

Scooter/Cootie
05-29-2002, 09:41 PM
That classic Facefull shot again.

Scooter/Cootie
05-29-2002, 09:42 PM
Poor Jon, he was getting picked on all weekend by the Yo Boys. :p

Scooter/Cootie
05-29-2002, 09:46 PM
The whole gang, with a special guest appearance by Russ on the far right.

oneshot
05-29-2002, 10:31 PM
nice pics , hard division,

damageinc54
05-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Yeah it would be nice to see some final scores for the event posted. If it is done with the same speed that the CPSA scores are posted we should see the final standings about a week before Challenge Cup 2003 :). I would like to see where my first team placed overall. We had a good day, just not good enough to make the cut. I cannot say the same for my second squad as they got beat up most of the day. They were playing with 3 new players in thier first tournament though. The next CPSA is at our home field Friendly Fire. We will be practicing there a week before the tournament. Come on out!!!

AGDSaul
05-30-2002, 08:44 AM
congrats to AGD Pride and S.P.O.R.E.S hopefully I will see you guys this weekend on the field.

Laters,
Saul

Spaceman613
05-30-2002, 08:57 AM
You guys werent staying at the comfort inn were you????

Chupas2
05-30-2002, 09:24 AM
No, we drove that morning to the tourny and then went to Jon's house to party after we didn't make the cut.

Spaceman613
05-30-2002, 09:30 AM
Doh... I figured it was one of the Pride with all the girls in the hot tub :) Sure made for an entertaining night.

SteveD
05-31-2002, 02:44 PM
Is AGD Pride going to join the AGD Lions at the 3-Man tourney at Patriot Paintball in Woodstock, IL, this weekend? They still have spaces left as of this morning. Ultimate Air and Hyperball fields and 5 minute games. What's not to like?

Steve D
AGD Lions

Chupas2
05-31-2002, 03:02 PM
I'll be out of town but Skirts is suppose to call and sign up a team.

cphilip
05-31-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey!!!!! those guys look surprisingly like a bunch that mugged me in a dark alley one night! OFFICER!!!!!!

j/k

Sounds like fun guys.... :D