PDA

View Full Version : stabalizer good enough?

Automagisurdad
05-29-2002, 07:43 PM
is the palmer's stabalizer good enough to run by it's self, or do you think it needs a another reg. ...for a screw in nitro setup.

FrAuStY
05-29-2002, 11:06 PM
If you've got a screw in nitro tank prolly preset to 800 psi.. thats all you need. The A.I.R. valve regulates the 800 down to 375-400 psi.. waste of money IMO. All that third reg would do is starve the marker for air under high ROF. Like I said.. you can get one but its not gonna do what you want it to unless you're running Co2. Then yes a palmers stabilizer would help keep liquid Co2 out of the guns internals.

Halliday
05-30-2002, 05:18 AM
On a Mag? I'd say you need at least a 3rd reg, possibly 4.

:p

Automagisurdad
05-30-2002, 11:22 AM
ya great..that dosen't answer my question.

Automagisurdad
05-30-2002, 11:23 AM
why would i want to waste my gas by not having a reg.? gun's starving ill just turn up the reg. am i right?

Ityl
05-30-2002, 01:29 PM
If you're running hpa, why do you want another reg? I never even ran a gas through grip so I wouldn't starve my gun. tank to AIR with macro line and 2 90* fittings. And with an old RT I skipped the gas through and ran macro straight to the body rail.

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 09:48 AM
All I can tell you is high pressure gas flows higher volumes quicker. When you start regulating that air, all it does is slows the volume of air moved between each point. Tank to external reg, then that reg slows volume even more to go from the external reg to the internal one. But that airs not done yet, it still has to go to the dump chamber.
If you want to .. go ahead.. You won't be able to fire it fast without some shootdown. If you get away with it.. good deal. I'm just trying to save you money as you DON'T NEED the thired reg. A stock mag can get +/-0 fps on a chrono. With just a hpa tank and the internal reg. But.. do what you want.. after all its your money.

Now if you own the palmer stabilizer already and are just trying to find a place to stick it, why don't ya sell it and buy a good barrel.. or save that money and go retro?

Bartleby
05-31-2002, 10:08 AM
Sorry Frausty but i just had to say this one thing

MY GOD ARE YOU A POSTWHORE!!!

he he he, i just looked in on the forum to see the first 8 threads have you as the last post. don't worry Frausty, we still love you :D

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm not gonna apologize...but I do love to help people.. I'm an online tech rep. I have nothing better to do then post while I'm at work.. although I should be working right!?!

Sniffle sniffle.. :( you huit my feewings :(

;)

Automagisurdad
05-31-2002, 12:13 PM
frausty i have a max flow, which is a high flow regulator. its just heavy as balls and i bought the mag for lightness and compact design. so i was thinking hey this tank i have here could get me a thousand plus shots(64ci45) if i regulate it and i was told i needed a reg for optimum performance on the RT so i thought female stabilizer on a drp foward. thats all. ill try no reg though...

Walter
05-31-2002, 10:08 PM
If you have a palmer's stabilizer thsan you in good hands. You won't need another reg. I used one with my minimag and it worked fine. Now I have it on compressed so I am even better!

Kevmaster
06-01-2002, 07:03 PM
90% of velocity fluctuations are not b/c of the airsytem/regs on a higher end marker. its b/c of the paint-barrel match. get a good paint-barrel match and your gun will shine. i get +/- 1fps with my stock EMag and a BE adjusable HPA tank. run Macro to get the air to the gun. no shootdown(i input 900psi to prevent that) and its great consistancy

Automagisurdad
06-02-2002, 10:05 AM
i guess its whatever floats your boat

Butterfingers
06-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Ok heres the real facts:

If you are running nitro especially an adjustable nitro you do not need to add an additional reg. It will not help at all. Regs are points of restriction you should not have more than two.

Your mag already comes with one, the back half of your mag valve is a reg. The reg on the nitro tank is the other. You do not need any more.

Efficency has NOTHING to do with how many regs you have on the gun. Especially on an automag. It takes a certain amount of air to propel a paintball to 300 fps. Whether it flows through 1 reg or 3000 regs it is still the same amount of air. Adding more regs will just empty your wallet and promote shootdown.

Automagisurdad
06-02-2002, 04:59 PM
why will it promote shootdown...just because the flow rate is restricted?

Kevmaster
06-02-2002, 06:30 PM
exactly. the more regs it has to go through the more break points there are before the gun recharges. i put 900psi into my RT valve on my EMag so that i can almost NEVER get shootdown(my tank drops as low as 300-400psi--mag runs on ~400-500).

WickeDKlowN
06-02-2002, 10:33 PM
regs slow down flow rate, which causes shootdown.

Automagisurdad
06-03-2002, 12:20 AM
wish i had one good reg. on my tank. blast my infernal asumpstions!!! ...does anyone know if the Macdev regs are any good???

Butterfingers
06-03-2002, 02:54 AM
macdev regs have a maximum output of 600 psi and thus is not optimal for a mag.

Automagisurdad
06-03-2002, 11:19 AM
dang, why is that? what adjusts the pressure flow? i know a spring does but how do they work?