PDA

View Full Version : Micromag and Z-Grip fit question

HungSolo
05-30-2002, 03:36 AM
Hey all, I have a question. Not really super technical, but here goes. I just got a black PTP micromag body and threw an old z-grip on it. The z-grip is milled (and wide in the back) so that it fits flush against (sort of around) the stock mag body rail. My problem is, the micromag body is flat along the bottom, so the z-grip sits a little bit away from the body, especially up front above the trigger. The milling in the back creates about a 4mm gap up front where the grip is flat (like the intelli or stock grips). This causes absolutely no functional problem that I can find--it works flawlessly. I just don't like seeing that gap up there. Any ideas on how I can fix it? I'll try to post a pic to explain better than my incessant ramblings above. Thanks.

FrAuStY
05-30-2002, 09:27 AM
The only thing I could see doing would be file/sand/mill down the edges of the Z-grip so it would fit flush against the body. I don't know if this would cause any tolerance problems since the gun works fine as is. Who knows..I'll have to revert to one of my more used phrases.. "Better you than me" :D

Schnitzel
05-30-2002, 09:40 AM
or you could use a small wood shim:D

PyRo
05-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Nope, not a wood shim. You need to either get the rt grip, or get rid of the wings. I'm not sure how to properly go about doing it yourself. There are some threads on it. AGD might do it for you, i'm not sure. They would probably charge some kind of fee for it though. A local machine shop could get it done too.

thlibo
06-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Use a grinder. It will cut through that aluminum like butter. I did it myself, took about 20 minutes to get it "perfect."