PDA

View Full Version : Short stroking

emumikey
05-30-2002, 07:26 AM
I have owned cockers all my life and finally decided to get a mag. The only problem is that I am chopping balls really bad. Some people suggested that I might be shortstroking the gun. I have a benchmark double frame, and the travel on the trigger is rediculously long, so I cant tell exactly where the trigger pull is supposed to be. Can anybody explain this to me? Thanks.

Mike

oldsoldier
05-30-2002, 08:16 AM
You just gotta learn the trigger. Short stroking is when you dont fuly release the trigger, causing a ball to partially drop, then it gets chopped the next time you pull the trigger when shooting a string. The only way to correct it is to learn the trigger. Practice, practice, practice!

emumikey
05-30-2002, 08:20 AM
So let me get this straight...As long as I fully release the trigger I wont be short stroking? Does it matter how far back I pull the trigger? Or do I just need to pull the trigger enough to fire the gun?

oldsoldier
05-30-2002, 08:44 AM
Sorry, let me clarify. You must completely pull and release the trigger. I suggest you save some $ up and buy an intelliframe. It has a shorter crisp trigger pull, and no wobble at all. This may help you out a little. Other than that, you just need to get used to completely pulling and releasing the trigger. Get a rubber band, attach it to the trigger and something forward (foregrip, whatever), then practice pulling the trigger completely. This will help also.

emumikey
05-30-2002, 08:59 AM
Would this be a good time to tell you that it is an RT. LOL. So you recommend the intelliframe. Thanks for your help. Im gonna start a new thread to get info about the intelliframe. Thanks for your help.

Mike

Ityl
05-30-2002, 01:20 PM
If it's an old RT, first loosen up the banjo bolt and front frame screw. Then tighten the front frame screw and tighten the banjo bolt with an allen key. Don't tighten the front screw without the valve and banjo bolt in. Also pull the trigger slowly. If it hisses and lets the air out slowly replace the pt oring, if it still does it put in a smaller pt spacer. Doing this is how my brother's old RT worked great all the time.

emumikey
05-30-2002, 01:41 PM
Ityl, that sounds like a good idea. However, I must have forgotten to state in my post that the stock bolt has been replaced with an ANS venturi bolt.

Automaggot68
03-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Sorry, let me clarify. You must completely pull and release the trigger. I suggest you save some $ up and buy an intelliframe. It has a shorter crisp trigger pull, and no wobble at all. This may help you out a little. Other than that, you just need to get used to completely pulling and releasing the trigger. Get a rubber band, attach it to the trigger and something forward (foregrip, whatever), then practice pulling the trigger completely. This will help also.

Dude, I bought a used Intelliframe, and my trigger wobbles like Hell. It's like the guy sanded the sides of the trigger pivot point or something. I'd take it apart to look, but I dont wanna make it worse.