PDA

View Full Version : Z-Grip

emumikey
05-30-2002, 11:57 AM
What does everybody think of the z-grip? I tried to order an intellifeed grip but they said it would take a long time. Is the Z-Grip a good alternative?

FrAuStY
05-30-2002, 11:59 AM
I don't believe you can find a NEW z-grip but I'm sure someone on here has one to sell. I've never used it.. but I can tell its cumfy from the pictures. Its one of those things you'll have to try for yourself. I absoshmootly love my i-frame :D

HungSolo
05-30-2002, 12:10 PM
I have both. The z-grip is super comfy and lets you tuck in very nicely. The Intelli has the nicest trigger pull I've ever felt on a mag. You will be happy with either one. They are both great frames.

Will Wood
05-30-2002, 01:10 PM
Theres one one ebay now last I checked it was at 50 bucks.

PyRo
05-30-2002, 02:10 PM
PyRo loves his z-grip :)

emumikey
05-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Pyro, do you use a drop forward with your z-grip. I was just wondering if the tank gets in the way at all.

HungSolo
05-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Heres a pic from another thread. The tank is a 68. Never mind the text... The back of the valve in a micro/mini/automag body is in the same place to give you an idea of where the tank sits with a drop.

emumikey
05-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Hungsolo, Which grip do you like better. The Z or the Intelli?

PyRo
05-30-2002, 03:28 PM
I use a DZIII

HungSolo
05-30-2002, 05:11 PM
Mikey:
I will try to dodge your question by saying this: I play with my intelli more often, because I think it's more versatile. I like the z-grip because it is so comfy to tuck in tightly, plus, most peeps have never seen one, so it definitely has the cool (awe) factor going for it. If you use a retrovalve, the z-grip is super easy to sweet spot (basically make it shoot full auto for strings). If you play more rec/woods ball, the intelliframe is probably the way to go. If you play more speedball and like to play up front, you may like the z-grip better (remember the coolness factor). Either way, you will be happy. I love both of them. Hope that my nonanswer was somewhat helpful. BTW, if you get a good deal on a z-grip, and then don't like it, I guarantee you can sell it for enough to buy a brand new intelliframe (probably vice-versa too).

HungSolo
05-30-2002, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah,
With the intelli, I use a DZII also. The tanks are basically in the same spot no matter which grip I am using because of the different sizes of the drops.