PDA

View Full Version : D-Day AOer's Roster

Mega Man
05-30-2002, 12:16 PM
This is just a thread I thought I would make to see who alls going to D-Day since I know that their is a fairly good portion of people on AO who are going. I'll be going for sure along with my dad, a friend of mine and his dad, and maybe a couple of other guys but i'm not positive on them, anyways we will be allies, 101st, Me and my friend and our dads have been going to D-Day and a Bridge Too Far since 99 and we know the layout well so hope to see yalls their!:D

AssassN
05-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I be goin. germans atlantic wall. I am going with my friend Josh Zigler and Cris Reams. I was about 900 to sign up. What team r u on?

Mega Man
05-30-2002, 02:57 PM
I play for team Who Kares, the Bunker team

Tack
05-30-2002, 03:08 PM
I'll be there, My field is bringing hopefully 20 or so as a special weapons unit attached to the 82nd. We are tank busters.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
05-30-2002, 05:00 PM
# 92 to sign up baby!!!!

Doobie
05-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Me and my wife will be there! 82nd Airborne. We played on the Rangers last year and had a great time. She broke her leg on Xmas eve and is still recovering from it. She will not be able to do the course for the special teams. Dewayne said he would "Grandfather" us in as I am an Army Ranger and she played last year. I don't want to subject her leg to all the walking we did year! I had a great time and I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you!

p.s. Is anyone going to run the obsticle course? I need a running buddy. I'm just doing it for fun and won't be playing on a special team.:D

Mega Man
05-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Same here Doobie, me and my friend are considering running the obstical course just for the heck of it. Maybe we can take a whack at it.

Doobie
05-31-2002, 06:21 PM
We will be arriving on the 5th. I plan on having some sort of AO banner near my tent. Come over and say Hi guys!
:D

Tack
05-31-2002, 06:25 PM
Doobie, If you all don't want to be with the ranges but still on a special opps team feel free to join us as tank busters. We have been promised at least 2 full platoons worth of players to fill in. I'll be one of the platoon leaders as far as I know. Kinda got roped into it without volunteering but I guess it's cool. We had a practice several weeks back and I let my team to several victories even against dug in troops.:)

Anyone else who wants to join us that is playing the 82nd just drop me a line here on email tackmag03@aol.com . I'll put your name on our roster so we can get a good count.

Doobie
05-31-2002, 06:42 PM
Explain the "tank buster" thing more. Do you all have air cannons to deal with the Tanks? (Maybe a dumb question) 2 platoons to protect the gunners? Sounds interesting. I owe the german Tankers (spefically Tueful Schwien) for shooting me in the head last year!

...O.K. Let me 'splain. I was charging the tank with 4 balls left to distract them from the Rangers and praying to hit the Kill switch. The distraction worked, I missed the switch, and then got shot in the bean for my efforts! Left a lump on my head. Good fun.

Bigzamboni
05-31-2002, 09:13 PM
This is one reason I resent living in the civilized regions of Northern New Jersey... Too far from the D-Day event... Plus, I'd still be in school.

mag_pbg
06-01-2002, 11:19 AM
I'll be going, I don't have a squad, I'm just going and go where I want, I'm #98 and my dad is #99, a freind of mine is coming with us it wil be his first time and it will be me and my dads second time. Mag_Man_2000, do you also work at the bunker¿ I go down there pretty often to get supplies. I'm going to try and make a big banner that says I'm a AO member. I'll be down there the 6th I think. Well hope to see you guys there!! On I'l be wearing a nazi uniform, and combat boots.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-01-2002, 11:34 AM
Directions to find CoFFeY's oddball group.

Should be 2 bad arse bushys
My bad arse minimag
A nice RT
(All with freaks)
a HUGE blue and grey tent (made for 9-12 people)
3 ghille suits. These things are real dude. Full body. everything.

lol and thats how you should be able to find my group.

Mega Man
06-02-2002, 11:09 AM
mag_pbg, I just started working down at the Bunker, reffing, working on D-Day, filling up air, etc.

Tack
06-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Doobie,

We are going to be carrying at least 2 if not more sholder fired air cannons with each platoon. They are sweet, The cannons we made also come with a mortar barrell so they can be set up to lob grenades and stuff into bunkers and firebases.

The air cannons will carry a specific colored paint different from the rest of us, That way when we shoot a tank if any of the paint hits the tank it is destroyed.

The Cannons are kinda heavy but not too bad. We are thinking of splitting off into gunners and A gunners with squad sized cover. The A gunner will be incharge of most of the ammo but we will probablly split up some ammo throughout the squads so if the A Gunner gets hit we won't be SOL.

We did some training several weeks ago and found that the cannons really work at a good range, unfortunatlly you have to be close enough to use them that the bad guys can shoot back. That is why the rest of the squad will be there to provide cover fire.

mag_pbg
06-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Cool Mag_Man_2000, Lately I've been going downt here quite abit, but before the bunker I used to always go to the Paintball Ridge in Joplin since it was closer. I might have seen you what do you look like/ Usually wear¿ I made a banner for my tent, it says "AO, MAG_PBG" in green and white spray paint.

Mega Man
06-02-2002, 02:34 PM
mag pbg, maybe ill stop by, ive only been to the ridge about 3 or 4 times since i live closer to the bunker,well, i always wear black jt pants, i never wear them in shorts always long, and I also always wear a black jt flex 7 with an orange lens, i usually switch between 3 shirts, my inside out jt jersey thats white on the flip side, a white short sleeve shirt with a small nike swoosh on it, and a superman shirt. You may not have seen me thier before since i have only started reffing and have spent most of my time at dday course.

mag_pbg
06-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Sorry, I don't remember seeing you there:( Then again I might have and forget, I have a really bad memory.

Doobie
06-05-2002, 09:41 AM
I'm leaving for D-day in a few min. I'll have a 2'x2' sign near my tent with a yellow and black AO patch drawn real big on it. It also says "Doobie" in black letters at the bottom. Come by and say "hi" and sign my book!
I'm also going to try and get Dewayne to announce a place and time for us AOers to get together for a group photo with our Mags!:D

mag_pbg
06-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Sweet, I'll have a grey cloth sign that says AO, MAG_PBG in green and white lettering. I can't remember what color my tent is but we wil have three, two big and one small, also we will be in a green Mitsubishi Montero.

Mega Man
06-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Well I think most everybody has already left for D-Day since they all live so far away from it but I dont, we will be taking out our camper tommorrow, Thursday, then come by Friday afternoon and start the fun! Seems like everybody is bringing some sort of sign so I will probably have one too! Seeya on the beach, well not really, im not on the Beach Landing this year, 101st for a change...:D