PDA

View Full Version : Torn Up Bolt and Sear

gonefishin
05-30-2002, 02:39 PM
I have an older RT that I have been using for a few months. When I first got it, it had a Benchmark 45 single trigger. 1 1/2 months ago I switched to the AGD Intelleframe double trigger.

Since then, I have put about four cases of paint through the marker (three weekends of rec ball and one big game). After each day, the maker is taken apart, cleaned, and oiled.

Last night, I was working on intellefeeding my warp and when I had the frame grip off, I notice a bunch of metal shavings in the grip. Upon furhter inspection, I realized that my sear and bolt were all torn up. Marker still works, but I know it was never like that before (last time I used the marker was for a big game and I was beat afterwards. Must not have paid much attention as I was cleaning the valve and bolt).

Any suggestions on what could be causing this problem. I did notice that when I gassed the marker up and fire it, it will occasionally make this metallically pop or metal on metal sound as I am realeasing the trigger.

Any suggestions apprecaited, would like to find the problem before I install my new bolt and sear assembly.

joeyjoe367
05-30-2002, 07:42 PM
Did you touch the trigger pin?

gonefishin
05-31-2002, 05:59 AM
No I did not change anything. However, I have had a few suggestions that the prior owner may have changed it for the benchmark frame that was originally on the marker.

Getting new sear and bolt today. Will put those in and see if it improves the situation.

Thanks