PDA

View Full Version : What Do You think of My science Project

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 03:54 PM
hey i was wondering what you think of my 2 models of the moons eclipses. beware this is my first time modeling with a 3d program so dont expect anything phenominal(although i thought it was good for my first try)

heres the solar eclipse and then next is the lunar(unless if i accidently named the files wrong when i pasted the pics)

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 03:55 PM
lunar baby

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 05:41 PM
im sad people dont like my thing(btw thats not the whole project)

RT_Luver
05-30-2002, 06:45 PM
looks kool to me. what did u use to make it?

Army
05-30-2002, 09:46 PM
You gave the Sun a shadow!

I'd space the moon a little further away from the Earth, it's a little tight and makes the shadow effect look odd.

I presume the "cone" represents the viewpoint angles from Earth? (If I could get that, anyone will!):cool:

timag
05-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Hmmm, yes, if your 3D model was to scale, you'd have to make the sun about...oh....say 1,300,000x larger, lol, just kidding, but the sun is somewhere around that much bigger

StuDawggie
05-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Future,
Dude, I'm an astronomy buff (I actually considered majoring in it in college) and I think you're project rules. The basic idea with those models is great. Keep up the great work, and I hope you get an A on the project. If you don't you're teacher is a _ _ _ _ and would need to get their head out of their butt. However that would be a different experiment in and of itself.

FutureMagOwner
05-31-2002, 02:13 PM
you guys saved my butt literally the damn 3d program wouldnt work on the comp at school so when i oculdnt use it i got the pics off the website and made a power point real quick.

also i think we got maybe a b+ because it was a whole presentation and besides that it pretty much was alright(we did good except we got hammered with one question)

anyway the cone is the Umbra which is a shadow stronger than the penumbra(the cylinder) because something to do with the sun

and i knew that it was way out of scale and proportion(the thing was in feet even so that was really really off)

also i tried to do the stuff with lighting to make the sun not shaded but it kepts making the entire model besides the sun black

anyway the program i used was a fully fuctional trial version of rhino3d (www.rhino3d.com i think)