PDA

View Full Version : Zgrip question

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 04:41 PM
hey i was wondering with the z grip is the pull short like it is on the stock trigger frame but lighter?

because my friend has a mag im buying and i wanted the z and was wondering if it was short and light unlike the stock(it was short but heavy)

RT_Luver
05-30-2002, 04:48 PM
it may be a little bit lighter, and smoother. the main reason i think the stock frame is heavy is because its plastic and not as good quality. so i think it will be a lttle softer pull and smoother.

Army
05-30-2002, 05:03 PM
It's only easier, because your arm and wrist are not stressed into an odd angle, giving you much more muscle movement.

They are not made anymore, but if you can find one, get it.

They are aluminum. The classic frame is Carbon fibre, which is much lighter:cool:

z-grip
05-30-2002, 05:09 PM
the trigger is only as short as you tune the firing pin. mine is so short it fires with the safty on, and only takes about half that distance, if that makes any sence to you. and for as softness goes, that just depends on the pressure runnging through te gun. army is right, its just really more comfertable, thats why i bought it.

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 05:19 PM
what i ment by light is not the weight of the trigger but the weight of the pull

z-grip
05-30-2002, 05:27 PM
weight of the triger pull is achieved just like any other mag trigger, play with the input pressure, and itwill change the "weight" of the trigger pull

FutureMagOwner
05-30-2002, 05:47 PM
lower pressure makes it lighter or higher? im guessing lower

z-grip
06-01-2002, 04:59 PM
the sear pin, i think thats it, i have it at the point were it is just long enough to reset the valve, and catch the bolt. higher pressure, harder the trigger is to pull my input is up around 950 so my trigger is harder to pull then normal, but it almost acts as a retro valve, i actually have a spot on the trigger where it seems like it is an rt, i have been pulled from a game becouse it went into a cycle on me

Paintballer86
06-01-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by z-grip
the trigger is only as short as you tune the firing pin. mine is so short it fires with the safty on

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned :D

wes
06-01-2002, 07:23 PM
Well, makeing it less stressful on your arm you could achive a higher ROF. If you want to get the trigger lighter, then work your finger out!

:)

InfinatyBPS
06-01-2002, 08:09 PM
NO PLAY WITH DA ROD:mad:

xmetal2001
06-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Input Pressure will not determine the weight of the trigger pull. On an emag, rt, or retro however the pressure at which the trigger returns IS determined by the input pressure.

Also, dont touch the rod. If u adjust the lenght your just gonna cause shortstroking, chopping, leaking, and excessive wear.

z-grip
06-02-2002, 05:04 PM
i can only offer what i have done in my personal experience. i have extended the sear and have never short stroked the trigger, and increasing the input of my air supply made my trigger stiffer to pull, in my words, heavier. it works, i did it about 3 years ago when i worked at a hole in the wall paintball store, so i had all the time in the world and an unlimited supply of air to play with, and have yet to have the problems that people preach about, damaged bolts, air leaking down the barrel, short stroking. so for me it worked, and my gun has quite an original feel to it.