PDA

View Full Version : warp question

K-villeplayer
05-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Suppose the warp hose got a direct hit from a ball; would this bust the remaining balls in the tube or would nothing happen? Just thinking of this as a possibility. Has anyone run into this kind of occurence? If it did bust the balls in the tube, how would u clean that out? Any help would be appreciated.

-Andrew

Bartleby
05-30-2002, 11:24 PM
hmmm....actually i was thinking about this not 5 minutes ago. I don't believe it would bust a ball in the hose, i think the hit would actually have to break the hose before it really did anything to the contents inside. The hose is very strong from the sides as a result of its scrunchiness (sorry, couldn't come up with a better word to describe the...ridges, that's is, should have just said that :D). As for if a ball actually broke in there, well, like i said i think the hose would have to be broken open, in which case don't bother cleaning it just throw it out and get another. :D

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 09:37 AM
Yup.. I just got my warp about a week ago an the otherday my brother and I were fooling around in the back yard trading shots. He shot my hose right where it makes the bend back to the 90. The hose barely moved and the paint was ok. Bartleby :D "scrunchiness" good description

K-villeplayer
05-31-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info.

BTAutoMag
05-31-2002, 12:20 PM
i got hit in the hose and it didnt to too much damage... the damage it did do was bounce off the hose and into my neck

hitech
05-31-2002, 04:12 PM
One of the AGD Pride team members (RiceRocket) suggested carring and extra length of hose (with orings) so you would easily replace the hose in the field should this happen.

Not a bad idea if you are playing in a tournament.

tranman
06-01-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hitech
One of the AGD Pride team members (RiceRocket)....

RiceRocket is not on any of the AGD teams, his name is Manny and plays for the pro team Aftershock.

the JoKeR
06-01-2002, 09:10 PM
After using the Warp every weekend for the better part of a year, I've taken numerous shots to the hose and the only "problem" is that it's hard to clean between games. I've never split a hose or had it come off after being hit.

sniper1rfa
06-02-2002, 06:46 PM
ive been hit a few times, doesnt do anything.

and i have a question, does anyone use the o-rings? i know i dont, the hose is just kind of there. i have alo never seen a warp with them on. :confused:

Bartleby
06-02-2002, 10:56 PM
yeah i use them. don't really need them but i use them anyways, just in case :D :D

hitech
06-03-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by tranman

RiceRocket is not on any of the AGD teams, his name is Manny and plays for the pro team Aftershock.

Your right. My mistake. I can't keep'em all straight without a program!

Patron God of Pirates
06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
I had a ball break inside the warp hose. I don't know what the cause was, but I had it happen to me this weekend. The Warp wont push a broken ball, so I took the hose off and whipped it so the ball came flying out.

Very little paint was still in the hose afterwards and it had no visible effect on my shots.

Jonno06
06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
AND,how would it be useful in a tourny,last time i checked,if you get hit in your feed(or anywhere),you are out