PDA

View Full Version : Hopper Denting :D

Bartleby
05-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Anyone have any tips on denting a hopper for the warp hose? I need to do that before this weekend and i'm not exactly sure how it's done. Thanks a lot.

speedballbanks
05-30-2002, 11:30 PM
heat your hopper with either a heat gun (don't get to close) or put it near the stove and heat a barrel and press the shell aint that hard jut mak sure you don't do the wrong spot.

oh yeah make sure you tak it apart just so you don't mess up the revvy board of eye or servo i am going to do it to mine soon too so good luck.

a_malfunction
05-30-2002, 11:31 PM
I used a heat gun (for stripping paint, etc...) to heat the side of the hopper. Then I took my old stock tippmann barrel and lightly pushed into the heated plastic. I kept on doing melting and denting until I got the depth and shape that I wanted. Took about 30 minutes. It turned out alright. It looks a little ugly, but it works.

Bartleby
05-30-2002, 11:35 PM
well it can't look ugly, style is EVERYTHING :D

He he he, just kidding...:D

AGD
05-31-2002, 12:16 AM
just so happens we finished the Hopper Mod picture story last week. Here it is.

hopper mod PDF (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/hopmod.pdf)

AGD

Bartleby
05-31-2002, 12:21 AM
thanks tom and everyone else. big help...:D

ShinyGuy
05-31-2002, 01:13 AM
I'm getting and error "could not find the colorspace named cs6" and I'm not seeing any of the images in the PDF.

boggerman
05-31-2002, 02:01 AM
Very nice, Tom. I used the pass through method with my warp, it also helps secure the revy. I used a uni-bit to drill the holes in my revy shell, a uni-bit is a stepped bit for drilling sheet metal. It turned out very smooth, but my revy is black, and I believe the black plastic is not as brittle as the colored plastic so it may or may not work as well on colored revy shells.

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by boggerman
Very nice, Tom. I used the pass through method with my warp, it also helps secure the revy. I used a uni-bit to drill the holes in my revy shell, a uni-bit is a stepped bit for drilling sheet metal. It turned out very smooth, but my revy is black, and I believe the black plastic is not as brittle as the colored plastic so it may or may not work as well on colored revy shells.

ive got mine pretty tucked right now and i hold it secure with some sandpaper i have a pic of my cousins because i never got to get to a camera when i did mine.

oh yeah we dyed it blue (the warp that is and the warp disks)