PDA

View Full Version : pre-instaled anti-siphon?

AcemanPB
05-31-2002, 12:17 AM
how does this work, i instaled my antisiphon my self and you have to point the tube to the top of the tank, so on my gun the antisiphon points to the top of the tank, but on my friends gun it is pointing almost upside down, so how can the make the antisiphon pre-instaled but still work on every gun??

zads27
05-31-2002, 02:11 AM
You can't, really..

the way ASA adapters (what the tank screws into) and co2 tanks work makes that impossible. With any ordinary anti-siphon tank, the tube is locked in rotation with the tank.. and since it takes a different number of turns to screw the tanks into one ASA from another, the tube will be pointing in different directions on different ASAs.

One solution is that you transfer ASAs from your marker to your friend's, that way the tank works the same.. still points up on both setups.

Another solution would be (only temporary, really), I did this once with my friend's anti-siphon since I didn't have one on my mag, and he got nitro.. screw in the tank til you get air, and then keep screwing in until you get the correct alignment of the anti-siphon tube. Will only work for some ASA adapters.

*tangent idea*
I do suppose it would be possible for a person to make a "universal anti-siphon" co2 tank,

1.where the anti-siphon tube swivels freely, and a counterweight or something finds the pull of gravity, holding the anti-siphon tube away from the bottom of the tank, or
2. where there's an outside/external adjuster to change position/orientation of the anti-siphon tube.

Now the second is much more complicated, expensive, and harder to implement, whereas the first is quite simpler.
A possible problem with the first design would be that people don't want free swinging weights in their tank (if you jolt your tank enough it could do a 360 and suck up liquid).. could be solved with rotation dampeners and such...

BUT, enough of that dreamy stuff, 99% chance it's gonna happen, just my little rambling babble.

TXStorm
05-31-2002, 04:33 PM
here is something that seems like it would fix the problem, but i have never really tried it so i dont know(you could either try this or just buy a new asa that will match your tank) if you have an on/off antisiphon you could do this... just get a little circular spacer(like an o-ring but not as big) and put it in the asa then screw your tank in... then just find out how big the spacer needs to be for the anti-siphon to be pointed up...(also take into consideration it cant be too big or the tank wont screw in enough for the o-ring on the tank to make a seal and air will leak out) someone please tell me if this wouldnt work...

mrhooie
05-31-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that Lapco made an adapter that fit your ASA so that you could use an anti siphon on any marker

TheMagMan
06-01-2002, 09:03 AM
Easy $2.00 + shipping solution. Go to http://countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=2136 and get the Black Magic Life Saver Seal. It will change the position of your tank and only spend about $6.00 doing it.

Done
:D

AcemanPB
06-01-2002, 10:18 AM
well my friend got his vision impulse, with a on/off antisiphon tank. when he screws his tank all the way in the "x" that marks where the top of the anti-siphon is, is on the bottom side of the tank

TheMagMan
06-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
well my friend got his vision impulse, with a on/off antisiphon tank. when he screws his tank all the way in the "x" that marks where the top of the anti-siphon is, is on the bottom side of the tank

With the new o-ring in the link ... it will change the position of the X and provide a better seal. Trust me, it works.

AcemanPB
06-01-2002, 06:47 PM
alright i'll look into that

do you think you could do that with just tank o-rings?

wes
06-01-2002, 07:19 PM
at www.pbgear.com they have the 68 ci co2 tanks with the antisiphon tubes already installed

Kevmaster
06-01-2002, 09:45 PM
it WILL work, but not nearly as well as if you had a local airsmith instal it in the tank made for YOUR gun/bottomline setup. when they ship it to you, there should be a little black line on the valve, indicating that that needs to be up so it will get only gas(otherwise it gets 100% liquid). when that is up its cool. just screw the tank in till you hear things gas up and then keep screwing only until the line is up.

however, again, i recomend getting a local to do the work for you

AcemanPB
06-01-2002, 10:34 PM
well i installed both of mine my self, but my friend ordered his and they antisiphon is pointing down when the tank is screwed in