PDA

View Full Version : On/off valve body

devo
05-31-2002, 07:36 AM
Ok, im hoping this is a silly problem and you have all seen it before, but seeing as im new to the Automag world, I have no idea.. here go's.

I Recently bought a automag, great shape, played a few days with it, loved it.. I had the Sprinkler leak when I hold down the trigger, so i took the Valve body out, ( had to pry it out) and replaced a teflon o ring.. Problem FIXED!! no more leak. great, but now, Sometimes when im playing or shooting, every now and then the Valve body tends to inch its way out VERY slightly.. It seems that when i put it back in, its not as tight as it was when i first took it out. Sometimes if im shooting, or if i accidentally short stroke it, the valve body slips out about 1 to 2 milimeters, and i can no longer fire the gun.. Do i just need a tighter oring around the vavle body piece?? I need help fast as i have some tourneys coming up soon, and i dont need this problem during play :P

ps. It slips out RARely , but i want it to slip out , NEVER

rjvemt1
05-31-2002, 08:20 AM
wgat do you mean, you had to 'pry' the valve out? since im not sure what you mean by that ill just go threw the steps to remove your valve the proper way and you can tell us if you missed a step.[list=1]
1. de-gas gun
2. disconnect gas line
3. pull trigger
4. remove thumb screw, valve should slide back 2mm
5. rotate valve 1/4 inch clockwise, valve should lide out
[/list=1] check the under side of the reg. body(back half of the valve) to make sure you didnt damage the roll pin when you pried the valve off. ther are three small holes, 1 and 3 are for oil, the middle one should have a round roll pin in it. the roll pin stops the reg from unsrewing during play and the valve from falling out without that 1/4 inch turn.

devo
05-31-2002, 11:46 AM
I degassed the gun, and took the main screw out normally, and twisted the back out properly, no force.. All is fine till there..( the pin that is inthe back that holds it from coming out when gassed is still there). But when i take the on/off pin valve assembly out, it is really hard to take out with fingers ( as i would expect) so i removed the valve pin assembly , replaced rings, and put it back, now it seems its not in as tight as it used to be..

Anyone know?? plz help

Old_School_RT
11-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Did you hapen to notice if you had a bushing that goes around the rear screw??? Click this link and it will take you to AGD's store with a picture and, if you need one you can order it from them.
http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=209&categoryID=16
You have to use the bushing. It is a spacer that makes sure the sear assembly wil line up properly.