PDA

View Full Version : Well I have a few questions

Irish_Dream
05-31-2002, 10:12 AM
My friend has just bought himself a mag, and I had the chance to see it in action this past weekend when we played. Now, he wants me to by something else becuase he wants to be original on our team I guess. Now I was impressed with the acuracy and the rate of fire, but he seemed to chop quite a few balls. More so when he was just playing around then in the game itself,so I guess basically what I am looking for is unbias pros and cons on an Auto Mag.

Thanks.

The Dream

05-31-2002, 10:27 AM
pros:
Made by AGD
Reliable
Looks nice
Shoots great (distance and accuracy)
Easy to clean

cons:
Didnt get one sooner
Barrels cost about $10 more :(

Patron God of Pirates
05-31-2002, 10:31 AM
I chopped zero balls in game for the record Tim.

I only chopped when I:

A) Ran out of paint for the Warp to push
B) Didn't turn the Revy on
C) Short stroked while trying to fire 900 BPS

None of those happened in game. You plick. :)

In addition, after playing I said I had no problem with anyone on the team buying a Mag, I actually encouraged Nate to do so.

That being said, AO, Please talk my Irish Friend here into buying a Mag. -THANX-

Ultimator
05-31-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 1105
pros:
Made by AGD
Reliable
Looks nice
Easy to clean

cons:
Didnt get one sooner
Barrels cost about $10 more :( Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Also when you buy a mag you buy yourself into EXCELLENT service and a great community :)

dre1919
05-31-2002, 11:18 AM
I've been using Mags for 5 out of my 9 years playing, and it's quite simply the finest marker on the planet. I bought a .68 Automag stock and added to it before I upgraded and purchased an RT. The regular Mag is a work of art, with the RT following close behind...as long as you get used to the unique trigger. Me, I just replaced it with a Hyperframe and it's seriously evil now. The RT internals coupled with the Hyperframe makes it on on par or better than anything out there (including Angels..the other white meat.) Honestly, I've done a tremendous amount of research into all kinds of markers when I was in a purchase mode and always came back to Airgun Designs for the quality and price. If you buy one gun for life, and you can't afford the RT or Emag, get an Automag...you won't be disappointed.

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 11:32 AM
Well..

Originally posted by 1105
pros:
Made by AGD
Reliable
Looks nice
Easy to clean

cons:
Didnt get one sooner
Barrels cost about $10 more

These are all true. Also, buying a MAG is like buying a Harley, you're not just buying the equipment.. you're buying into a brotherhood of helpful people. This forums is always here and knowledgable people as well as AGD employess are constantly answering questions.

Pros:
Well built (I'm not afraid to drop my mag, not that I would intentionally)
Longetivity, its a 10+yr commitment :D
Efficient
Consistent
Affordable!

Cons:
It calls your name late at night wanting attention (wait am I the only one who hears this?)

05-31-2002, 12:51 PM
my mag gets all the attention it needs.... even has its own spot on the couch :rolleyes:

Patron God of Pirates
05-31-2002, 12:59 PM
My roommate hates me because I walk around with it all the time, for no reason. I just like to hold it.

05-31-2002, 01:03 PM
you should get some of thoes foam balls and everytime they complain about your gun, shoot them with it ;)

AssassN
05-31-2002, 06:07 PM
w00t i finally get to be the first to complain aobut this. NO gun no matter what it is will have a geater distance if it is running at the same velocity as another gun. Only Z-Bodies and flatline barrels give it extra range. It makes me mad when people say my cocker is better than your mag, mine shoots farther. I am not mad at u but just to clear it up your mag shoots no further than a talon at the same velocity or than an Angel ir3.

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 07:14 PM
ROFLMAO 1105 my mag sits in its own spot on the couch.. until bedtime.. then it sleeps on its bed next to mine.:) It only calls my name if I leave it on the couch when its time to crash. I just thinks that funny about the whole "place on the couch", cuz it really is the only place on the couch I put it. Friends come over and try to move it..
I ask,"What do you think you're doing?"
"-Nothing" they say
I respond, "Get your hands off my gun" (all jokingly of course)
They let go and I say "Find a place on the floor, I don't care, my mag moves for no one!" (Even chicks get this as I have a woman :p)

Its great. Crazy I guess

05-31-2002, 09:16 PM
nothin crazy about that FrAuStY. I would yell at my friends if they try to move it but its kinda a big couch... so it just has to sit there and look pretty (kinda hard right now though). it has to sleep out on the couch at night cause it says i hog all the sheets to myself... who ever said a gun needs to stay warm? :rolleyes:

05-31-2002, 09:35 PM
oh yeah... and AssassN, i never said it shoots further, just said it has good distance and accuracy :p