PDA

View Full Version : I got a cocker and I am lost in the woods

LawFox32
05-31-2002, 04:01 PM
ok here we go I got it and I ran some air through it and I really like it but I got a few questions; ok here they are:

1. ok when the gun airs up and the bolt/backblock doesn't go far enough back to let a ball drop in the chamber, but when you pull the trigger it puts the block back, but would this be enough time for a ball to drop;

2. the back block is really like loose, is that normal

yeah well thats about it, thanx people, sadly I traded my mag for it but i think I may have to pick another one up for a back up maybe

FrAuStY
05-31-2002, 05:21 PM
I really wish I could help you but I don't know much about cockers.. not to be a jerk but.. I have to say.. WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE AUTOCOCKER.. CLICK CLICK HISS HISS PFFFFfffff

[M@g_D@ddy]
05-31-2002, 05:31 PM
It's called timing the 'cocker.
the back block, with the ram all the way in/making the back block come into the body, the back block should be close enough to slide a piece of paper between the body and block. to adjust how far back the block goes, take out the 'cocker rod, the lower rod on the back block, and screw in or out the block on the pump air, it goes from the ram to the block, it pushes it back.
by doing what i just said, that should solve ur problem.
do a search for 'cocker timing and there is a really good site that has like six pages on how to do it. it's really great. hope it works, but that's why i have an e-mag and not my 'cocker any more. tho 'cockers are good once they work. get it timed and don't jack w/ it and u'll be good.;)

wimag
05-31-2002, 09:14 PM
www.paintballravi.com
try this site, worked well for me when i had my minicocker.
Not being a smartass or anything but when you air up make sure the backblock is already pulled back. when it gases up the block rams forward.
as far as the block being sloppy or loose, please define. is it side to side slop? or all over the place, you know what i mean.

BlackVCG
06-01-2002, 09:33 AM
http://www.joinme.net/vantrepes/

This is a really good site for Cockers. Read what he says about timing and your gun will be shooting great.

LawFox32
06-01-2002, 02:05 PM
thanx for the help guys; and the play is side to side

steve638
06-02-2002, 08:36 AM
yes it will be plenty of time for the ball to drop in. It seems a little weird because its a closed bolt design. A closed bolt gun is just the same as an open bolt just feeds the ball different. Some people will tell ya that cockers are more accurate than other guns but it isnt true. Welcome to the world of cockers come join us at the forums in http://air-powered.com and check out the tech articles so u can learn about cockers. And cockers dont mess up unless you dont know what u are doing. I have had my cocker for almost 2 years and havent had something go down on me on the field because if you know how to take care of it and dont fiddle with it(unless u know what u are doing) it wont break on ya for a long time. I look forward to maybe seeing ya in the forums at A.I.R :)