PDA

View Full Version : I Dyed My Warp

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:20 PM
I got some rit dye the other day and dyed my warp. So i started to take it apart and then realized that i had to cut the wires off the cervo or the board. I couldnt believe that it was the only way that i could get the board and cervo off of the other half of the warp. all in all i cut the wires and then dyed the 2 shells then soldered the wires back on the board.it came out great and recomend it to everyone. I also dyed the two wheels they came out good also. well here are the before and after pics so you can make you own conclusion.

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:21 PM
after

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:22 PM

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:23 PM

RT_Luver
05-31-2002, 10:24 PM
looks nice;)

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:24 PM

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 10:29 PM
convinced him

helped him

did the sandpaper mod (thanks loadsm5)

and took the pics.

SlipknotX556
05-31-2002, 10:31 PM
Looks nice. :D

speedball4life
05-31-2002, 10:38 PM
yeah speedballbanks help in the most minute way ;)

Potatoboy
05-31-2002, 10:38 PM
3 things.

1. Sandpaper mod?!
2. Get a plastic diverter plate.
3. The blue looks real nice. Did you just use blue RIT dye?

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 11:20 PM
sandpaper mod hold's the hopper super tight loadsm5 was the first i saw do it.

Potatoboy
05-31-2002, 11:41 PM
Hrm... How does this work, and how is it better than a feed neck spacer?

Edit- Fixed typo

speedballbanks
05-31-2002, 11:43 PM
well put it this way...the hopper takes abuot 10 pounds of pressure to move and even at that it is hard to move!

einhander619
06-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Wow, that looks fantastic! I'm going to be doing the same mod here in a few days, any tips you could give me?

Bartleby
06-01-2002, 12:23 AM
funny, i've had my RIT purple dye sitting on my desk beside me for about 4 weeks now. i just haven't had the proper motivation to go do it. now that i see it's potential i'll definitely reconsider doing it this weekend. But you're gonna have to tell me if that would really look good on my set up. Here, take a peek. Remember, purple dye.

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by einhander619
Wow, that looks fantastic! I'm going to be doing the same mod here in a few days, any tips you could give me?

yeah clip the wires off of the servo not the board alot easier to solder

Originally posted by Bartleby
funny, i've had my RIT purple dye sitting on my desk beside me for about 4 weeks now. i just haven't had the proper motivation to go do it. now that i see it's potential i'll definitely reconsider doing it this weekend. But you're gonna have to tell me if that would really look good on my set up. Here, take a peek. Remember, purple dye.

if it comes out that purple which it should go for it just don't clip the wires at the board it is alot easier to solder it on the servo.!

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 12:32 AM
by the way where did you get that anno done and how much did it cost????

Kaiser Bob
06-01-2002, 03:18 AM
when i took the wires off the motor, i just desoldered the connection and the wires came right off, no clipping involved :) but thats a much better shade of blue, great job!

PS- can you explain in detail the 'sandpaper' mod?

Bartleby
06-01-2002, 08:37 AM
actually i didn't get the parts annoed. i bought the rail, plug and foregrip in a package by viewloader (long time ago). the barrel tip is by smart parts, i was just lucky enough that they use the same color purple :D :D

CRiZO
06-01-2002, 09:44 AM
speedball4life: very nice, looks seksee

Bartleby: I dunno... (nice gun btw) I'd be afraid that the purples wouldn't match.. which would look really bad... maybe go buy a cheap clear hopper and test it? If you got it to match, you'd have the real purple people eater :P

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Kaiser Bob
PS- can you explain in detail the 'sandpaper' mod?

yeah what you do is get 100 grit sandpaper cut it so it is a tiny bit shorter then the top of the warp hole and make sure it fit's flush to the end of the one side of the shell then put some epoxy all over teh back cover every little bit then stik the sandpaper quick don't let it move and when it dries put the warp back togetherand don't tighten the warp shell down allthe way and slowly put the hopper in then you can get the warp really close to the gun and bam! sandpaper mod complete (thanks to loadsm5)

Bartleby
06-01-2002, 11:01 AM
yeah, that's what i'm worried about crizo. i think i've just gonna leave it, the purple looks cool enough as it is :D

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Bartleby
yeah, that's what i'm worried about crizo. i think i've just gonna leave it, the purple looks cool enough as it is :D

yeah but a purple warp would look great you should get a peice of clear plastic and dye that and see how it comes out who knnow's it might come out good :confused:

speedball4life
06-01-2002, 11:18 AM
if you dye it purple and just dont like the shade all that you have to do is dip it in the dye a few more times and it will become darker. Rit also makes a product called "color remover" i really couldnt tell you how that turns out but just letting you know. Also if you dont want the whole warp purple just dye the wheels purple that would look really nice. its all up to you

later