PDA

View Full Version : Warpfed Automag RT turns some heads.

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 12:31 AM
High ROF never fails to impress this time it was done with a semi only gun.

I cant give you an exact estimate of how fast I was shooting but... wow. Don "claims" it was somewhere near the speed of the e-magnum.

If you know what the correct pin and spacer combo does heh... you got an electro spanker....

Quotes from the day.

Ref when I forgot to put the barrel condom on: "Is that thing on"
me: "Its not an electro."

"is that full auto"

Random guy on the feild: "what the he**"

Don: "Jesus Christ Rob what the heck did you do to this thing ?!?! What the heck do I need an e-mag for?"

"That's way too much firepower"

IR3 owner: "how the heck are you shooting so fast?!?!"

"Jeez that gun is clean as a whisle too..."

"Let me try that... oh wow that trigger feels good"

Heh... More free marketing for AGD... We got about 12 people asking about the warpfeed and about everybody shaking thier heads in disbelief that all it was an automag RT (Retromag).

Army
06-01-2002, 12:34 AM
Another crack in the glass wall of ignorance:D

FrAuStY
06-01-2002, 12:37 AM
Well fill us in? what did you do to it? I know a friend of mine that plays at a private field has a mini (non retro) and he did a trigger job on it combination of filing on/off pin changing spacers and adjusting sear rod. You could out shoot the standard AIR valve if you weren't careful. Less than 2mm pull and he said its been like that for a year. no breakdown yet. I was interested in him trying with mine but he said it took him 6 days to find the combo and he'll never do it again. Sniffle.

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 12:37 AM
what did you do to make it shoot so fast is this your gun you wit the cut j&j???

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 12:43 AM
It varies from gun to gun...

But the trick is...

Don't file more than .005 off the on/off.

The smaller spacers work better on retrovalves. Yes smaller than what they give you in the PT spacer kit. If you can find a PT spring that gives you good trigger feel that works too.

Umm... err... how do I say this... never ever ever turn your trigger rod out exactly 1.5 to 2 turns.

You need an inteliframe. I prefer blade but i imagine groove will work too.

You will also need a tank capable of outputting 850 psi.

Touching the sear is unnecessary nor is it reccomended. My sear is unmodified.

Yes this is the gun with the cut J&J.

This should bring you just under the threshold of runaway. The gun will only fire one shot when constant pressure is kept on the trigger. Any slight movements will kick the gun into an easily attainable high ROF.

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 12:49 AM
sounds awesome with the on/off will the classic rt on/off work? because that is what i have in my gun now and it is super light and way more reactive now all i have to do i get a smaller p/t spacer you think if i cut one it would work??? (pt that is)

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 12:54 AM
This will work with any true RT system. Including your retromag.

You might get some bolt stick with a classic valve. I have found the classic valve works best with the largest spacer you can find without the gun leaking down the barrel. I also prefer my classic mags have the normal on/off shaved to .745.

Take a PT spacer that you will never ever use and shave that down with a file until you get the feel you like. Don't go too low or you will get bolt stick.

Croix71
06-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Butter, will you and Don take in `Mags to do these upgrades? :D

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Yes guys and gals this is a good time to invest in some cheapo $20 dial calipers that measures to 1/1000"

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Croix71
Butter, will you and Don take in `Mags to do these upgrades? :D

Err... if you want... you just have to pay for shipping and our time and whatever parts we end up using. How much are you willing to pay?

It might be ALOT more cost effective if you experiment yourself.

Remeber PT spacers are cheap on/off pins are expensive so don't take more than .005 off.

speedballbanks
06-01-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

Err... if you want... you just have to pay for shipping and our time and whatever parts we end up using. How much are you willing to pay?

do i hear a business proposition?? lol

'Mag
06-01-2002, 12:15 PM
I remember about a year ago I told everyone how I had adjusted my Mag's trigger. It was pretty much exactly what you are doing to yours. I also mentioned I had gotten my pull down to about 2mm. Tom said this would cause recharge problems and/or leaking. He said that adjusting the timing in a Mag could not be done to make it any better than stock. I had several e-mail correspondences with him, and then just gave up. I have now done the same mods to work with my Benchmark frame, and it has worked consistently, with an insanely short trigger pull, for about a year and a half now.

Dubstar112
06-01-2002, 01:50 PM
They arent messing with thier sear or trigger rod, they are only messing with the on/off pin, and spacer length. This is ok to do if you know what you are doing, and know what to expect. Like Butterfingers said, these small parts cost, and if you mess it up, youll find out how much. The person who stated they played with the sear above, did a no no, you can out shoot your classic valve simply because you messed up the flow into the chamber. Thats why it seems like that. These mods specifically were stated to work best with RT style valve.

RT_Luver
06-01-2002, 02:06 PM
I'm wondering when ppl are gunna come to EXPECT an automag to have the best ROF

Butterfingers
06-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Turing the trigger rod out is OK as long as you can see air between your trigger and the rod. Problems start occouring when people turn them out too far so that the valve does not see the full on/off movement. Thus it has been a saying "dont turn your trigger rod out" to prevent such a problem.

Turning your trigger rod out is a very minor imporvement compared to the correct "magical" on/off spacer combo. It just sets the trigger further forward and is a rather subjective feel. Some people may be perfectly happy with the stock length.

~WarpedRT~
06-01-2002, 11:38 PM
hmm, if i want high rate of fire, i just let my trigger go reactive. It's so easy to do.

Butterfingers
06-02-2002, 07:31 AM
Heh almost forgot this quote:

Angel User: "Hey you got a squeegie?"

Me: "Na I don't carry one."

spazzed
06-02-2002, 08:30 AM
hehehe Good onw!!

Panzerr
06-02-2002, 09:06 AM
I've got a triggernomics trigger mounted on a benchmark double trigger frame on my ReTro. I sent her in to AGD and asked for a custom length on/off pin to get the perfect reactiveness. She screams like nothing else. No short stroking, just lots and lots of paint down range. People can't believe it comes from a mag.

I believe that most RT owners don't have their valves tweeked to maximum performance. If you have an RT and are chopping paint, it's probably not reactive enough. They should scream with very little effort.

speedballbanks
06-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
Heh almost forgot this quote:

Angel User: "Hey you got a squeegie?"

Me: "Na I don't carry one."

i got that one before i have a squeegee but at home!!

batteryfree
08-19-2003, 05:03 PM
hey butterfingers, is this turney legal. and if i mes up cosue i just upgrade to a ule trgger instead of buying a new on/off valve.

BajaBoy
08-19-2003, 06:00 PM
butters, do you use a levelten in this? because you keep saying Spacer... and that has to do with level seven... did you say something that i didnt catch?:(

i would think its a lx because you said you dont use a squeegie

Ov3rmind
08-19-2003, 06:10 PM
This thread has been,

RESURRECTED!!!

Jack & Coke
08-19-2003, 06:24 PM
:p

Prairie
08-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Cool story..when I heard it the first time :P

Cypres0099
08-19-2003, 10:16 PM
Ok, Ok, so this is an old thread, but I didn't see it the first time around so I'm going to say some stuff.

He is talking about spacers, so this was before level 10. However, now we use shims. Wouldn't that make it even easier to adjust?