PDA

View Full Version : No more blowback.

AssassN
06-01-2002, 11:48 AM
I have a few ideas that i tihnk would eliminate blowback and help feed better. This the most simplest of them just a few extra holes to let a little more air escape.

AssassN
06-01-2002, 11:50 AM
Another a little more complex that would aid in eliminating blowback but not completly reduce it. Small teeth on little wheels in the feeed tube to keep balls in the tube.

AssassN
06-01-2002, 11:51 AM
My last and best idea. THis is vacum feed that would acctually suck the paintballs right into the breach.

FreshmanBob
06-01-2002, 03:02 PM
the first one looks somewhat promising but it might lower the strength of the feed tube quite a bit. AGD has those high rise bodies, might fit the bill.

the second is a good idea, but seems complex and maybe expensive. Also, paintballs have very smooth surfaces that would be hard for the 'wheels' to grab onto. This could also slow the rate of feeding. If you had a small amount of friction to let the balls go down an turn the wheels but still not hurting feed rate, that lack of friction might not be enough to hold them from just sliding back on the wheels. Also the balls non circular shape might effect it.

the third wouldnt work. The guns bolt is only letting compressed gas decompress into the barrel and pushing the ball, theres no way to create a vacuum when the guns letting air out.

nippinout
06-01-2002, 03:58 PM
There have been a handful of people who have achieved this 'vaccuum' but they refer to it as ball suck.

This occurs only when the air is traveling down the barrel, the valve is just about to close, and the bolt is opening.

You need all those things to occur in order to create ball suck. This is very similar to how an airbrush works. In an airbrush, air flows out of a 'barrel' and paint is stored underneath the barrel. A feed tube connects the paint to the barrel.

As air passes over the feed tube, it pulls the paint out and sprays it all over. Why does it pull? When you drink pop with a straw, you are not sucking the drink into your mouth. You are causing a pressure differential, thus causing the pop to move into your mouth.

*Okay, back to the paintball thing*

Ball suck can only be achieved in a two stage marker. In a two stage marker you are capable of timing the valve's and the bolt's open and close times independently.

What does this all mean? Ball suck is a good thing. With ball suck, you are capable of feed rates higher than gravity. Less ball chops. Whether or not it can feed near warp feed rates I have no clue.

What else does this mean? Closed bolt markers ROCK!

My quick fix to the blow back problem is simply using a bolt that goes past the breach by 17 inches and an o-ring on the end of it. Hey, it would work wouldn't it?

Schnitzel
06-01-2002, 05:15 PM
one alternative...
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/angel_ir3_preview/gate.jpg

AssassN
06-01-2002, 06:31 PM
the wheels were based on the gate but i thought they patened taht. Well i thought it was a good idea.

Vegeta
06-01-2002, 09:01 PM
another better idea for your roller idea is more like nubbins. it would only work on a force feed system like the warp though. a nubbin on the side of the feed tube, that only bends out to allow the paintball to go in, but has a flat backside so the paintball has no leverage to push it back out. this could possibly work of vert feed guns too if the little nubbins were made of thin enough wire so that they bend super easy. like lightbulb fillament thinckness. this could be easily installed on curtent vert feed guns to. it would be as easy as two slots cut in opposing side of hte feed, and the nubbins taped on.

AssassN
06-01-2002, 09:15 PM
AO's biggest small woodland creature. I interted to adjectives and a noun ;)