PDA

View Full Version : help, video card fan

TXStorm
06-01-2002, 01:01 PM
the fan on my GeForce2 mx400 64mb pci card went out. anyone know a store or online store i can go to to get a new video card fan? i have called several compusa's, bestbuy's, and mom and pop comps stores and none of them have one. i need one bad! sorry if i got this in the wrong forum, i was in a rush and this is where i thought it would fit best. any help is appreciated, thanks

Blennidae
06-01-2002, 08:52 PM
Is it a small round fan? I have an ASUS V7700 GeForce 2 and my fan is crapping out on me too. Is yours making a loud whirring or humming sound? I was able to remove my fan and blow out some of the dust, but it still isn't as quiet as it used to be. The only help I got from tech support was " pull back the sticker on the back of the fan and put a drop of oil on it". That doesnt sound like a good solution to me. I got the part number off the back of the fan, but I havn't been able to track one down yet.

TXStorm
06-01-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah, thats it. it started off as just a high pitched noise then it got all choppy and sometimes made the noise and sometimes didnt, now the fan doesnt even turn. you really think taking some of the dust off of it, cleaning it out, and putting oil on it would get it to work again? i thought it was just wear and tear and its completely pooped out and wont work anymore. some guy on the pbn boards told me the fan size should be about a 40/60(or something like that?) and to just look for one online, but i dunno... thanks for the info, i think as a temporary fix im just gonna take the cover off the case and put a mini electrical fan next to it and let it blow on the card... thanks for the help

Blennidae
06-02-2002, 09:19 AM
When I get home I'll send you the part number off the fan I have. I'll also send the email I got from the tech support guy. If I find a source for a replacement fan, I'll let you know

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-02-2002, 09:22 AM
Yeah guys....hook me up with one. I know someone who rigged up a fan for his mask with one of those...I tried his mask...my could hold my eyes open for 20 second without them drying out!