PDA

View Full Version : Revvy troubles----help please...

ScoobYSnax
06-01-2002, 03:58 PM
Hey all, I got a used 12v revvy off the web a little bit ago. Today was first day I was going to use it, and so I bought 2 brand new batteries.

I popped in the batteries, and presto, the blades start to turn. When I put it into my elbow, however, the blades no longer turn. This is even before I tightened the elbow. So, I started to play around with it. I noticed that at a certain height within the elbow, the blades no longer run. I tried to tighten the revvy just above that height. Over the course of the day however, the revvy no longer worked again.

So, what could be the problem here? NOTE: My revvy has black shells and I don't know if it has x-board or not....

Paintballer86
06-01-2002, 04:51 PM
I dont THINK it could be your elbow, but you never know... To see if you have an x-board, put your finger in the feed tube hole thingy, and turn it on. Put your finger over the little bump, and move your finger down slowly. If it starts spinning the second you take your finger off, it is an x-board. If there is a teeney tiny delay, it is non-x-board. Maybe some loose wires in your hopper is causing the half working half non working.

ScoobYSnax
06-01-2002, 09:04 PM
I'll try doing that x-board test.... But I don't think it's a loose wire b/c the thing will work 100% if I just have it turned on and i'm holding it. Only when I try placing it in an elbow does it stop... But it's not immediately once it's in the elbow. It stops at a certain point. Which leads me to believe that something is wrong with the eye of the revvy. Could this be the case? What could cause the eye of the revvy to malfunction?

Blennidae
06-01-2002, 11:02 PM
I don't want to hijack ScoobYSnax thread, but I also had a revy problem today. It wouldn't turn off even when there were balls in the stack. It worked fine the first game, then went weird on me. I was shooting white/purple marbalizers if that matters. The revy shell is black. I used the same paint in my other revy, a red one, and it worked fine. Any clues would be helpful. I'll tear into it on my next day off to see if I can find anything weird.

spazzed
06-02-2002, 08:42 AM
Scooby, my guess would be somethings fishy with the eye. Don't know what, I'm not familiar w/ a revvie's internals, but it's a place to start.

Blennidae, same for you.

gibby
06-02-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Blennidae
I don't want to hijack ScoobYSnax thread, but I also had a revy problem today. It wouldn't turn off even when there were balls in the stack. It worked fine the first game, then went weird on me. I was shooting white/purple marbalizers if that matters. The revy shell is black. I used the same paint in my other revy, a red one, and it worked fine. Any clues would be helpful. I'll tear into it on my next day off to see if I can find anything weird.

The possible problem I can think of is that even if you've got balls stacked up, the eye might still be slipping through the curves of the balls. Try playing with the height of the hopper in the elbow before tightening it(if you have an adjustable elbow). Doing this can adjust the eye sensor so it doesn't slip through the curve of the balls.

gibby
06-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ScoobYSnax
Hey all, I got a used 12v revvy off the web a little bit ago. Today was first day I was going to use it, and so I bought 2 brand new batteries.

I popped in the batteries, and presto, the blades start to turn. When I put it into my elbow, however, the blades no longer turn. This is even before I tightened the elbow. So, I started to play around with it. I noticed that at a certain height within the elbow, the blades no longer run. I tried to tighten the revvy just above that height. Over the course of the day however, the revvy no longer worked again.

So, what could be the problem here? NOTE: My revvy has black shells and I don't know if it has x-board or not....

My guess would be that if the hopper works fine without being tightened into the elbow, and stops when it is, there could be a wire that's being cut off between the two halves of the shells? Maybe there's a wire being pinched when you tighten the hopper into the elbow? Try opening up your revy and making sure there are no wires caught in between the two halves when its assembled. Also check for loose wires that might need to be soldered.

Also, you can find out if you have an x-board when you open it up cause it'll be tagged. Good luck!

Wc Keep
06-02-2002, 11:04 AM
you beat me to it i was going to say that when you go to put your batteries in it says x-board right there.

Blennidae
06-02-2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks Gibby,

I wouldn't have thought about that. The revy does fit pretty tight in the elbow, so I can adjust its height. I'll try that.

Thanks again.