PDA

View Full Version : trigger pull

ICOM
06-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Ok how would i make my triger pull shorter to short faster. What do i do to this rod by the trigger? do i turn it at all or something? i tried somethin different. It helped me a little so i don't have all that extra room to pull. Need some help.

Here is what i tried to do.

xmetal2001
06-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Dont touch that rod, it'll probably just make you shortstroke and screw everything else up. Best way to get a shorter pull would get a intelliframe, benchy's have pretty long pulls.

z-grip
06-01-2002, 05:13 PM
it depends on how adventurus you want to be, tweeking that sear pin, by lengthening it, it will shorten the pull, i have mine pretty much to the point where it wont go anymore. and i have never short stroked the trigger. just a full air supply on hand and an hour or 2 and just tune it to the point you like it.

InfinatyBPS
06-01-2002, 08:21 PM
NO PLAY WITH ROD:mad:

Vegeta
06-01-2002, 09:19 PM
Messing with the sear rod is like messing with a large, brotesk black man in a prison. You just don't do it my friend. Unless you like to endure hours and hours of pain. Pain in the *EDIT* my friend, pain in the *EDIT*. It will Haunt you in your dreams for the rest of your life.

At least thats what I hear.

personman
06-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Yuo could always buy another sear.. lol

EnderWigginPballin
06-01-2002, 09:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with a Mag's pull. Sure, the INtelliframe might be a shorter pull, I don'
t know, never fired one, but if you are a super short trigger pull kinda guy then you might as well get an electro

Celph Certified
06-01-2002, 10:46 PM
What you could do is mark the threads on the little rod with perm marker then jack around if you dont like it move it back to the mark...just my 2 cents

a_malfunction
06-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Messing with the rod? Why bother in the first place? It might be ok for a while, but it'll just end up getting you in the end. His idea for a trigger stop is the only way to tighten up the pull on a benchy frame. Your best bet is a DYE or AGD frame, but the tigger stop is the next best option.

Ityl
06-02-2002, 01:21 AM
Trigger stop works the best on a benchy. What I did was make a new blade trigger for mine that had a hump on the back so the trigger had a built in stop.

Adding a stop to a benchy will give a shorter pull that adjusting the rod due to the characteristics of the benchy.

I've already messed around with the frame a bunch.

z-grip
06-02-2002, 05:11 PM
say what you want about the sear pin and large black prison inmates, i did tweek mine 3 years ago, and have not had a problem yet. no short stroking, no bolt damage, no air leaks. so, ill leave it that way with you.