PDA

View Full Version : Why shouldn't I sell my mag and get a piranha?

ScoobYSnax
06-02-2002, 06:12 PM
I've got a retro mag with a few upgrades, but I'm just not that happy about it. I see kids with spyders + a regulator shooting just as consistent of shots if not better than I do. So, why shouldn't I get a piranha, throw on a vert reg (max-flo (if possible) or palmers), and shoot just as consistent shots as my mag. I could even get an E-frame, and still have money left over. Why is a mag better than that setup?

NOTE: Can I follow the current mag maintenance video when taking apart my ReTro valve? And also, how will I know when I do need to open it up and replace some parts?

FactsOfLife
06-02-2002, 07:00 PM
take it from someone who traded a heavily upgraded shutter/pirrahna/name of clone here for his mag.

GOD MAN DON'T DO IT!

I just got done rebuilding the valve on my mag and was chrono'ing it and the consistency was worlds better than the shutter.
+-2fps! my shutter as nice as it was could at best keep +-6 or 7fps.

mags are built better, designed better and last a lot longer than the spyder clonies do.

just my .02$ here. but if you feel like trading for a spyder of some description lemme know, I got dibs on your mag....:D

paintbattler
06-02-2002, 07:15 PM
because piranah's suck

a_malfunction
06-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Change your reg seat and make sure your paint-barrel match is good. Also, make sure your tank is consistant as well.

Butterfingers
06-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Be sure you are not using crappy paint. That can make the diffrence between +/- 20fps (brand x seconds) and flatlining the chrono (RPS slam)

the JoKeR
06-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler
because piranah's suck

I disagree, but everybody has their own opinion...

Do whatever makes you happy. I personally think that going from a Mag to a Piranah is an odd path to take, but it's your choice. How about a good mid-price electro like the Bushmaster?

AcemanPB
06-02-2002, 09:32 PM
because piranah's suck

:mad: Hey!!! I had a piranah!!!! :mad:

........yeah it sucked, glad i got a mag! :D :D :D :D

WickeDKlowN
06-02-2002, 09:42 PM
actually, i was thinking about doing the same thing about a month ago, and then i started to think, and i was like "what the hell am i thinking" its not because piranahs suck(because they dont), but i love my mag, and wouldnt trade it for anything(cept another mag:))

AcemanPB
06-02-2002, 09:44 PM
well with my piranha some of the parts wore out in less than a year, but PMI did replace them for me

FactsOfLife
06-02-2002, 09:59 PM
because piranah's suck

I don't think they suck, for what you're paying for it's a pretty decent piece of manufacturing and engineering. If a little copied.

If it's reliable, most spyder clonies are, and cheap, also most spyder clonies, it's good. It's a good gun to get NEW people into our sport.

Want to kill off a sport quick? Make the initial cost too high for new people to get in.

now I'm up to .04$ in this thread.... cha-CHING!

AssassN
06-02-2002, 10:17 PM
I have a spyder se and my RT but my spyder isn't as bad as everyone says. I would still stick with ur mag but spyders arn't that bad. I only chopped when i didn't screw my barrel on all the way. But for $100 guns u have to give them some respect.

Jonno06
06-03-2002, 11:52 AM
why to not get a piranha???

b/c its not made by AGD!!!!!

FrAuStY
06-03-2002, 03:24 PM
I will have to say.. a spyder compact got me into this sport. I've done a trigger job, got a light 32 degree venturi bolt and hardline to expansion chamber. I got about +/- 7 fps at the chrono. Not bad for a gun thats up to 200$ total cost with upgrades. I still occasionally (when I have it with me) break it out and amaze people with 10 bps strings from my spyder compact. They're like omg.. how you firing that fast. I say nice finger? But its really a decent gun.

I WOULD NOT SELL MY MAG FOR A SPYDER CLONE!

Not only because I already have one.. its just I'm past that point now. Mags are built much much better. Its really personal preference and depends on your budget. If you only have enough money for a pirahna.. get one. An e frame would be good too.. but you better make sure the valve and valve pin can flow enough gas to keep you from having shootdown on higher ROF. I could almost outshoot my venom valve on my gun. I know two people one with an E-pirahna and one with a spyder/booyah. They both rip out some paint and are respectable. I personally wouldn't own one as the +/-7 fps can be a pain since you don't "know" exactly where the shots going. with +/-2 fps the shot grouping is much tighter.

You're not getting no stinking donation from me :mad:
:p

FutureMagOwner
06-03-2002, 04:58 PM
spyder clones? technically pmi was copied by kingman and then pmi cpoied them back

FactsOfLife
06-03-2002, 05:15 PM
yeah I know, but in that class of guns, spyders are a more well known example...

I can't say "blowback clonies" because my Impy is a blow back and it for sure ain't no spyder....

rudy
06-03-2002, 07:20 PM
i think you should
i have a pirranna with a reg ill trade you for your mag