PDA

View Full Version : Mag expansion chamber?

Big Bubba
06-02-2002, 06:32 PM
If your using compressed air it's pretty much pointless to have an expansion chamber, huh? I'm asking this because I bought a used Minimag with an expansion chamber on it and I'm only gonna use compressed air and am debeting on replaceing it with just a gas through grip.

Thanks,
Darren

FactsOfLife
06-02-2002, 06:45 PM
yep, an expansion chamber is primarily for Co2 to prevent the liquid form from entering your gun. It probably won't hurt the performance of HPA but it probably won't help either...

WickeDKlowN
06-02-2002, 10:20 PM
they are made for co2, so you will get no gain using it with N2. i dont think you will get any loss, but i would trade for gas through any way

Big Bubba
06-02-2002, 11:03 PM
I noticed that all gas through grips are pretty much all the same cept for price. Seems like your pretty much buying the brand name and thats all. How are the TKO gas through grips (the cheaper ones) compaired to the PMI or Benchmark (expensive ones)?

Big Bubba
06-03-2002, 04:04 PM
up^

Lorquas
06-04-2002, 08:32 PM
The TKO gas thru grips will do, but they aren't the most comfortable ones... And that is the main pourpose of a gas through grip. The benchmark ones are supposidly very comfortable.. i have a friend who could go all day on how comfortable they are. (i'm talking about the ones that do not require a vert ASA) But it IS whatever u like..