PDA

View Full Version : Questions about cleaning and degassing. Help!

PV=nRT
06-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone, I have a 68automag classic, and I just have a few questions. In my manual (68automag/minimag instruction manual level 7) it says, "To deep clean your paintball marker start by field stripping down to the valve body. Remove and clean the POWER TUBE O-RING, lightly lubricate and reinstall. Then remove and clean the REGULATOR VALVE and REGULATOR SEAT..." (page 14). What exactly do they mean by "clean." Do you wipe it down with a rag? Do you rinse it with warm water? Can someone please give me the specifics. Also, my other question is about degassing. After I degass, and if I remove the valve body (yes I hold down the trigger) it is still slightly pressurized and my On/off valve assembly shoots right out! Am I degassing wrong? Can someone give me tips on degassing, or is this actually normal? Any help is greatly appreciated!

06-02-2002, 08:39 PM
for the cleaning they probably mean wipe down with a clean rag then oil it. for degassing i'm going to say that its just some left over gas in the valve... after a day of play and i take off my valve, it pops and lets the rest of the air out

PV=nRT
06-02-2002, 08:49 PM
anyone else have any input?

Jonno06
06-02-2002, 09:47 PM
yes,I would highly suggest buying a Quik Disconnect.It allows you to degass your valve/lines after you unscrew your tank...its actually quite handy

alf
06-02-2002, 10:22 PM
jonno is right...

i would use a slide check if you have a retro...i find that if i "work" the slide check up and down about 3-4 times, ALL of the residual pressure is released so that the valve comes out without being rowdy...