PDA

View Full Version : polishing

Schnitzel
06-02-2002, 08:39 PM
has anybody here ever polished their body rail? how does it come out? any suggestions?

Schnitzel
06-03-2002, 09:05 AM
anybody?

mag_pbg
06-03-2002, 11:31 AM
I have, I just did the same with polishing my main body! either I screwed up or somethign but mine dind't come out so good, the aluminum is really ruff, and scratchy looking

speedballbanks
06-03-2002, 12:01 PM
one of my friends polished his aluminum freak back (same material as the body rail) and he used drano crystals i don't know the exact process but it came out dynamite just search for the thread entitled aluminum barrels or something. and if you don't think it will work one of the most active ingredient's in it is lye the same stuff anoers use to strip aluminum except they use full lye not drano. :D by the way here is a pic of his barrel.

speedballbanks
06-03-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by mag_pbg
I have, I just did the same with polishing my main body! either I screwed up or somethign but mine dind't come out so good, the aluminum is really ruff, and scratchy looking

did you polish it with some sort of compound after yuo polished it with (sandpaper i am guessing?).

mag_pbg
06-03-2002, 05:16 PM
Ya, I used like 2000 grit, and after that I used a polishing wheel and some polishing compound hooked up to my dremel