PDA

View Full Version : Ingeniousfeed

Patron God of Pirates
06-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Story:

In the middle of playing this weekend, my Intelifeed Warp set up stopped working. I was forced to use the little primer button on the Warp in order to keep the gun feeding. This almost got me tagged a couple of times because I would forget to do it and fire blanks at people.

The end result however was great. The intellifeed set up sometimes fails to spin the Warp when at a a very high ROF. It only picks up every other shot or so. This gets me very nervous about chopping balls, and keeps me from really cranking on the trigger. However, while spinning the Warp manually I had no such worries.

Since I had had some chopping problems while ripping on the trigger the week before I was surprised by having none. At one point I even tried to short stroke, but I couldn't out fire the feed rate and it would just "boink" balls out of the barrel.

Idea:

I have decided to make some modifications to my Intellifeed setup. I am going to add buttons to three locations; the top right side of the foregrip, velcro'ed to the back right side of my HPA tank, and just above my thumbs normal resting place on the grip. That covers the three ways I hold my gun.

I just thought i would share that with anyone who might be interested in trying something similar.

FrAuStY
06-03-2002, 10:08 AM
Why not just intellifeed your warp if you have an intelliframe :) Then you won't need any buttons.. your trigger will "Be the button"!

Patron God of Pirates
06-03-2002, 10:17 AM
Sorry if that was unclear. The set up stopped working (loose wire) and I had to feed manually with the button. I found it to be way more reliable than even the intelifeed set up, which sometimes misses trigger pulls.

I don't know if I'm the only one with that problem Itellifeeding, but I enjoy the peace of mind that come with a pushbutton feed.

Army
06-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Turn your sensitivity up, and increase the dwell time to max. This will result in the same thing as pushing the button......without having to push the button.:cool:

Ityl
06-03-2002, 01:36 PM
If it's not moving everytime you pull the trigger your intellifeed isn't setup right. Makes sure that the microswitch is close enough to the sear so it clicks with every pull. And make sure that it's all soldered good. I would look at getting intellifeed hooked up correctly first. Then I would use the vibration sensor if that fails because it always worked great for me.

Patron God of Pirates
06-03-2002, 02:10 PM
I do have my Intellifeed fixed now, It still misses some trigger pulls, I don't know if that is a sensitivity issue or not, but with the dwell time up it doesn't make any difference.

I'm still going to set up my push button feed. I just like the confidence of knowing their will be a ball in the chamber.

TheTramp
06-03-2002, 02:30 PM
A back-up plan never hurt anyone.

PyRo
06-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Sure it has...

Patron God of Pirates
06-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Picked up all the parts I would need from Radio Shack this afternoon.

My new set up should be ready to go for a mini game tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works.

Now all I need is a cool looking way to conceal / protect all that wire. Maybe I'll gut some steel braided remote line and run them through it. That ought to confuse everyone.

Butterfingers
06-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Set the microswitch closer. And please USE SOLDER. This is the only real way to be 100% sure you have a good connection.

My intelifeed on my RT works on every pull it works EXACTLY like the button. Without the hassle.

E-magnum never skips a shot even at 20 bps.

My RT has not yet had a warp related feed problem.

Make sure it is set up right first.

Make sure the Connections are soldered, Warp Jumper is on NEG, The correct switch prongs are used. The Switch is set midway in your pull.

Patron God of Pirates
06-05-2002, 08:25 AM
I finished the new set up last night. My switch had been set at the end of the pull, which I fixed. I decided to install only one additional button, the one by my thumb in the grip frame. I soldered all of the connections.

Three feed methods should provide decent insurance:

Intelli / Vibration / Push button.

Plus it's nice to have the primer button up on the grip to reload gaps in the warp after rapid fire strings.

Jonno06
06-05-2002, 09:08 PM
can someone tell me which way to turn the lil blue knob to turn UP the sensativity?

also,ARMY,whats that about the dwell?