PDA

View Full Version : AGD Lions take 3rd at Patriot 3-Man

SteveD
06-03-2002, 10:08 AM
My boys went down, along with the AGD Pride, to the Patriot Paintball 3-Man this weekend. The Pride missed the finals by 15 point but the Lions made the cut and took 3rd. I wasn't there but I'm sure someone will get on here and give us the gory details. Nice try guys. We'll get 'em next time.

Steve D
AGD Lions

shartley
06-03-2002, 10:13 AM
Good job! It is always good to place... now you just go UP. :)

Chupas2
06-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Good job Lions. I missed the tourny too. But 3rd and 5th isn't bad

Jonno06
06-03-2002, 11:10 AM
yea,3rd and 5th are still GREAT places.....

Hysperion
06-03-2002, 01:03 PM
they weren't necessarily 5th...there were 2 divisions and they took third in theirs......I was reffing and watched the lions play all day. Their first game they played pretty horribly but seemed to improve all day and made it to the finals. (Only the top 2 from each division made the finals). Once in the finals they lost to both farside teams but beat pyscho circus making the final match farside vs. farside. Well one farside team was guaranteed first and the other team would get second if they won so needless to say the one team let the other win (it was really obvious) and thefore farside took first and second. I think it was pretty stupid how that was the last game and was really one team giving another points to secure both their victorys. BY THE WAY. AGD LIONS, YOU FORGOT TO PICK UP YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR YOUR FREAKS. IF YOU DONT WANT THEM ILL BE GLAD TO TAKE THEM OFF YOUR HANDS :)

paintbattler
06-03-2002, 02:03 PM
good job guys!!

the JoKeR
06-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Hysperion
Well one farside team was guaranteed first and the other team would get second if they won so needless to say the one team let the other win (it was really obvious) and thefore farside took first and second. I think it was pretty stupid how that was the last game and was really one team giving another points to secure both their victorys.

It's my understanding that that kind of action can get you disqualified from a tourney, so I'd recommend caution before accusing. Someone said recently "if the ref's didn't call it, it didn't happen".

HarryM
06-03-2002, 09:44 PM
yeah we plyd horrible our first game and then had 2 perfect 100's after...we had to beat phsyco circus to get into the finals and it was a hard fought game but we pulled it out,then we had to beat their other squad in the finals to get third. Phsyco Circus was the only team to beat us in the Center Flag 7man so beating both squads in this one felt great even though we finished 3rd...
We will keep on improving and bring home some Firsts soon!
thnx for all the support!!

Harry
capt.
AGD Lion's

Hysperion
06-05-2002, 09:36 AM
nah, the two farside teams played the best all day and finished first in both divisions, they kinda deserved what they got neways...

SteveD
06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Hysperion
BY THE WAY. AGD LIONS, YOU FORGOT TO PICK UP YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR YOUR FREAKS. IF YOU DONT WANT THEM ILL BE GLAD TO TAKE THEM OFF YOUR HANDS :)

So did you bring the up with you? I think you know where I live :D

Steve D
AGD Lions

Hysperion
06-05-2002, 08:25 PM
no i don't have them....otherwise i'd bring them over...sorry....