PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that olny agd can make frames for mags any more? Why cant some others?

magman007
06-03-2002, 11:35 AM
you know what my feeling on this whole frame thing is? i think we gotta stop harrasing agd to make frames, and harass some other company's to make frames. What is wrong with dye? they can make a frame, they make em for angels, why not e-mags? same with eclipse. Heck there are like 40 different company's that make frames for cockers, why cant they make a zgrip for e-mags? or just a regular replaceable frame for e-mags? and what about benchmark? imean in all serriousness, some company's need o get up off their butts and get to work.

Jonno06
06-03-2002, 11:38 AM
suplly and demand my friend,supply and demand.....

magman007
06-03-2002, 11:44 AM
I understand that, but how can we demand something they havnt supplied yet? thats what im tryingt o say, we need to get them interested, doing a small run to see how they selland things like that

BlackVCG
06-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Because honestly, none of the other companies can make a frame with tolerances and the proper geometry to work right. DYE makes a nice looking frame that is hit or miss with trying to get it to line up properly on the gun. Benchmark makes a frame with generally good tolerances, but the trigger pull geometry is wrong and the trigger pull is 10x what it should be. So that is why AGD made the I-Frame and that is why everyone is buying the I-Frame.

Potatoboy
06-03-2002, 04:38 PM
On a somewhat related tangent, I've often wondered why other companies screw up the tolerances.

Is it because AGD will not tell them the exact dimensions and they are playing by ear?

Or are they just using downright inferior manufacturing methods and hoping no one notices?

Lorquas
06-03-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy

Is it because AGD will not tell them the exact dimensions and they are playing by ear?

Or are they just using downright inferior manufacturing methods and hoping no one notices?

It has gotta' be inferior manufacturing and design... if its dementions they want, can they not just buy a mag and go at it with a ruler?

mac2k4
06-03-2002, 09:58 PM
why would dye make a frame, that might not sell too well(due to the lower number of e-mags on the market(compared to say cockers...) when people will put them on their guns, and have people incorectly put it on or somin and the company gets phone calls *****in about how oh you don't know what your doin, the trolerences are off, and all.

you say they are using inferior manufacturing techniques, but why is there no problems on cocker frames, ya think they just on purposly mess up the tolerances on mags?
think about it

BlackVCG
06-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Because a Cocker can have things 1/8" off in tolerance and still function. A Mag holds tolerances of .001". As far as I know, AGD has sent blueprints to all of the companies that make aftermarket products of the parts on a Mag. It's their fault for not making things the way they should be.

Potatoboy
06-03-2002, 10:07 PM
Added on edit: Curse you BlackVCG for beating me!

A cocker doesn't have as tight of tolerances as the mag, and it needs to be timed with parts changes as well, that timing compensates for space between parts and such, so the inconsistancies are taken care of.