PDA

View Full Version : What are these magnetic triggers for impy's i keep hearing about?

magman007
06-03-2002, 01:54 PM
What are they all about? are they just a rip off of the e-mag's magnetic trigger? is smartparts gonna do like they do with everything else and claim the technology as their own? What is different with them over the e-mag triggers? how about this? could you take one fo the impy magnetic triggers anf install em into an e-mag? hmmmm? a little info on any of this would be help full!

magman007
06-03-2002, 03:54 PM
cant someone answer my question?

Kaiser Bob
06-03-2002, 04:01 PM
If i had to take a stab at what it is, id say it probably uses magnets for the trigger return instead of springs. I think its still microswitch based as opposed to HES. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Jonno06
06-03-2002, 04:54 PM
i didnt read anything,but i know the answer is the Nasty Impulse....

MrAirgunRT
06-03-2002, 04:54 PM
I shot a couple at the ultimate madness from their booth. I just smiled when I shot it and thought to myself(what do ya know, feels like the e-mag.) :)

TigerMan
06-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Yep Kaiser Bob is right. All it is the magnet taking the place of the spring for trigger return. They come on some Impulses such as the Nasty and the Freak Factory and some shops and people do their own version of the trigger setup also.

Mega Man
06-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Well I don't own an E-Mag, just a retro mag, but I did get a Nasty Impulse. I dont know anything about the feel of the E-Mag trigger but I can tell you that my Nasty trigger just feels so so great, man it's so sweet. Completly diffrent from my mag but still the sweetest trig pull I've ever shot, no joke.

magman007
06-03-2002, 10:31 PM
soo, it is a rip off of the e-mag, and now they will claim it as their own! ok, so it returns the trigger like an e-mag right? there fore it gives it the same feeling as an e-mag trigger with the sweeping of the magnetic fiend in the e-mag (talking triger travel, not hall sensor) then you click the micro switch and it returns? sonids just like an e-mag minus the hall sensor. i think agd could sue if they wanted to. or they could atleast pull a be like they attacked odysee

KamikazePenguin
06-03-2002, 11:32 PM
the magnet impy frames feel VERY sloppy to me, and the magnets seem to be very weak. It doesn't compare to the E-mag trigger, though it didn't feel BAD.

DjGruv
06-04-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by magman007
soo, it is a rip off of the e-mag, and now they will claim it as their own! ok, so it returns the trigger like an e-mag right? there fore it gives it the same feeling as an e-mag trigger with the sweeping of the magnetic fiend in the e-mag (talking triger travel, not hall sensor) then you click the micro switch and it returns? sonids just like an e-mag minus the hall sensor. i think agd could sue if they wanted to. or they could atleast pull a be like they attacked odysee

Oh and I guess Emags were the first electros! NOT!

:rolleyes:

magsRus
06-04-2002, 09:07 AM
The magnetic trigger just use magnets instead of springs, its not a trigger to make a big deal out of the blade, I-frame, and the wermframe are the best things you can do for speed

Mad_Cow_Midgetz
06-04-2002, 11:09 AM
magman007

u really tick me off, who developed the first electro...hmm? did they sue agd? did agd patent and copyright and vigirously enforce the fact that no other company is allowed to use the idea...if that was the case we would all be shooting one stinky little marker...(i dont mean the automag....i like the automags :) )

Jonno06
06-04-2002, 11:20 AM
the shocker was actually the first electro......

i have shot the Nasty Impulse,and,well,i loved it....

everytime i shoot it,it makes me want one.......

magsRus
06-04-2002, 11:25 AM
the shocker was the first electro but at that time it wasnt made by smart parts

Spaceman613
06-04-2002, 11:41 AM
The navy had a patent for an electric compressed air gun, LONG before paintball was around.. So..... Also, CCI had a electric phantom BEFORE smart parts/pvi shocker. CCI never brought it to market tho.

magman007
06-04-2002, 11:56 AM
ok, jeez, apparently people are gettin upset! Im fine with them using the magnetic trigger, thats fine by me. But what i am saying is that if smartparts claims it as their own, then i will be upset. You all know that in 3 years or so, they will have some big banner saying " smartparts, bringing you the first ever magnetic trigger to the market" or something like that, and they will claim it for their own. you just know it will happen

Spaceman613
06-04-2002, 12:03 PM
No it wont, there is DOCUMENTED PROOF that they were not the first production gun with magnetic trigger returns. They were only the second in production with an ACE (Bob Long being first, Sandridge was not production).

Lay off Smart Parts, they do innovate a lot in paintball (freak system). And sure they make thier claims a lil more than they should, but most companies do. Heck, Look at the Spyder TL... Tournament Level?? come on.

Give up the argument that they are all working with Satan to take over the paintball industry, Al Mollick had already signed on with Lucifer ;)

Mega Man
06-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Smart Parts has never claimed that the magnetic trigger is of their own creation. Anywaysthey are not the ones who make the magnetic triggers for the impy. It's the after market product makers and proshops....

TigerMan
06-04-2002, 02:30 PM
Mag Man is right, Smart Parts has in no way even claimed they invented the magnetic trigger. Heck if they had, they would put it stock on all the Impulses (they're only available on their Freak Factory ones). Only certain custom Impulses, such as the Nasty, have them, meaning the people who make them did it themselves.