PDA

View Full Version : Best way to run a warp on a hopper left mag??

dyerules
06-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Got my warp last monday and mounted it.I ran it underneith the marker to fit on my hopper left. Then i went outside and shot it.Worked great except w/ my z-grip i like to have my hand sticking out to achieve a higher ROF. By doing this though the warp hose gets in the way. I would run the warp up and over and run the hose to the 90 degree adapter, But it kinda makes a little bit of a profile. I actually want to run the hose around the front of the grip and into the 90 adapter. The only problem is that the 90 degreeonly fits about half-way onto the bottom of the feedtube. Is there anyway i can run it like this w/o the gap????

FrAuStY
06-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Did you put the 90* adapter in the warp and run your hose off it? It allows for a little bit more room. I know theres a pic on here somewhere that shows it.. too tired to look sorry bro. :(

Z-man
06-04-2002, 02:35 AM
I don't have a Z-grip so what I suggest may not be practical or possible but on my RT I have the warp on the left and with the hose curling around in front of the trigger (but behind the fore grip). I like the longer hose because it means I have that many extra balls. Also my friend has a warp on his (prepare yourselves) Spyder Shutter along with a Booyah frame. He used the PTP Warp and the 90? elbow and that thing (the elbow) caused him a tone of problems as far as feeding.

(Of course it isn't that fair to compare a spyder to any Mag but I mention it because it cannot hurt).;)

dyerules
06-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Well i finally found out what i'm gonna do. I'm gonna put the 90 degree on the bottom side of the feed tube and run the hose on front of the grip. The only problems I've found are that when u put the 90degree on the feed tube there's a good sized gap in between the end of the feed tube and the inside edge of the 90 degree, I'm still tryin' to figure out what i could use to fill the gap. Also the smaller black piece that connects the hose and 90 degree is really loose and i'm afarid if i bump it it will pop off.

If anybody has suggestions all take them!

FrAuStY
06-04-2002, 03:18 PM
You could try modeling clay to fill the gap. Like put a little around where the gap is.. but use enough so when you push the feed tube in it.. it kinda squishes some out into the flow path of the paint. Then you can use a butter knife to smooth the transition between the powerfeed plug side and the powerfeed tube. Just an idea.. shooting thoughts your way.

For the hose not being tight on the 90* mine did the same thing. I wrap that end of the 90* with ONE layer of scotch invisble tape. It works like a charm. Any more tape and it'll be a pain to take off and put back on. Also the tape may begin to shift or tear with more layers. I've had it like this for about 3 weeks and about 6 removals/installs and still holding firmly.

dyerules
06-04-2002, 03:22 PM
Good idea w/ the clay!!! I'm gonna try it but i'm wondering since the clay isn't slippery will it cause feed problems??? I guess i'm gonna have to find out.