PDA

View Full Version : 3 man tourny (my first ever tourny)

K-villeplayer
06-03-2002, 10:16 PM
For a small rookie 3 man tourny, how much paint do u think would be needed. I was thinking about a case a person. One of our players is extremley conservative, usually only 80-90 in a rec game. The other is a bit more heavy on the trigger with hopper full in a rec game, and I lay on the trigger with about a hopper and a pod in a rec game.

All of the games will be on concept courses and from my expereince, I shoot less on these. So do u all think that a case a person would do, or maybe 4 cases for the team.

sorry mods, will u please move this to pball talk forum. I just realized I posted in the wrong one but it was too late to stop it. Sorry:(

Will Wood
06-04-2002, 09:24 AM
My team placed 5 points from second only using a bag and half per person. Well, maybe it was cuz our rental guns whould only fire that fast, but we placed 5 POINTS from first, (and got got 3rd place) Against guys going thru a bag a game, but we used less then a hopper each, and only lost twice, out of like 7 games.

krafty
06-04-2002, 11:49 AM
I always plan on the high side, but for a small 3-man you will probably be fine with a case per person. Bring some extra money for another case or 2 if you need to.

More importantly, don't dwell on how much paint you're using in a game. If you worry about your shot count to the point of it consuming your thoughts, you won't have any fun. Shoot as much as you need to, and if you have paint left over, well, you won't have to buy paint for rec games for a while. :)

Polishpickles451
06-04-2002, 03:45 PM
For a three man a case per man should be more then enough. But at tourneys none of your men should be 'conservative'. Hits count. Keep pumping and you'l keep your opponenets down. Accuracy by volume. <-Rules that hold true in tourneys.

Creative Mayhem
06-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Accuracy by volume. <-Rules that hold true in tourneys.

I have to agree with pickles, a few of the tournie i've been to have been nothing but spray and pray, or a firefight in a phone booth. And on occasion, the paint flying was more prominent than the bunkers.

p8ntballa
06-04-2002, 07:56 PM
I would get 2 cases a person. Just to be on the safe side. At least get 1 and a half per person. If you can buy more paint later then just get 1 case a person and more if you need.

WickeDKlowN
06-04-2002, 08:07 PM
start w/ 1 case per person, and bring money for extra incase you need it.dont worry about how much paint you shoot in a game, shoot as much as it takes to get as many hits as possible. always bring extra cash weather you think you need it or not, you never know what will happen. ACCURACY BY VOLUME!

Also, make sure you tell the conservative one to lay on the trigger and not worry about paint

Top Secret
06-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Jeez people!!! How bout making those shots count? :rolleyes:

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Jeez people!!! How bout making those shots count?

Shooting lanes is not about hitting the person but keeping them inside the bunker.:rolleyes:

K-villeplayer
06-12-2002, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all of the feed back. The tourney is July 22nd. I am trying to get the guys that I am playing with together for practice, but it is sort of hard with summer vacations with the family always complicating things. I was leaning toward bringing a case per person and having some more money for more if needed. Once again, thanks for all of the feedback.

FeelTheRT
06-13-2002, 05:29 AM
play one back, two front. Off the break, have two guys shoot paint off the break, one guy sprints for either the flag or into a nice bunker, other guy starts off shooting but sprints somewhere on the opposite side of the other front player, and the last player just keeps laying the paint. Make sure you know where all your opponents are, and keep moving up, including the back player.

If your playing against a team that you know has a good reputation and think that you aren't going to win. I'd suggest play a little more defensive by having two back players one front. And of course, always know where your opponents are. Moving up is a must.

Practice by playing 1 vs 2 or 1 v 3 because it can happen.

mykroft
06-13-2002, 05:37 AM
1 case to start, but bring cash for 2. Also be mindful of how much air you have as well, if you're using 45 or 68ci 3k systems, you may need to watch you paint expenditure. I can't remember how many times I've run out of air with my 48/3k tank.

paint magnet
06-13-2002, 07:50 AM
I'm going to my first tourney on the 13th. You have to sign up in advance, and it's BYOP. That gives me less than two weeks to:
Get my Phantom
Get used to a pump instead of a semi
Get good with it
Get a team together
Enter the tourney
I plan on bringing 1000 rounds just in case. (and I will be playing against electros, it's not a pump only thing)

Jonno06
06-13-2002, 10:21 AM
pump against electros huh.......

i am planning on go to a local tourny on the 23rd of June maybe,its also 3man rookie.....

AssassN
06-13-2002, 12:15 PM
I agree with accuracy by volume to keep heads down but i have seen many people do that and all the otehr team has their heads down and no one moves up. Just rememerb when their heads go down u go up.

MrAirgunRT
06-13-2002, 02:50 PM
A case almost always gets me through the prelims. Or will it now that I am getting an E-Mag?

RT_Luver
06-13-2002, 03:05 PM
only a hopper and a pod?? HOW DO YOU DO IT? I'm like a hopper and ATLEAST 2 pods. when ever I run outta paint I always run around and my friends ask me what I'm doin and I'm like "scarin um" in the heat of battle, most ppl cant tell if your ACTUALLY shootin at um untill you shoot, they duck in and dont hear anything. thats when I move:D