PDA

View Full Version : why does the european AGD online store sell more stuff than its american counterpart?

WebShock
06-04-2002, 08:58 AM
why is it that the european agd store has a lot more stuff than the american one? I am an american working in europe but i mail order stuff from the states since 1.50 british pound buys one american dollar.

Why doesnt the american agd store have "Intelliframe with
Microswitch and Interface cable pre-installed". From what I understand, the american I Frame version makes you go to radio shack to get the parts needed. There arent any of those in Germany. I'm not wanting to deal with the locals here in getting the parts. What do I have to do to get all this cool stuff in the european store with american prices?

WebShock
06-06-2002, 01:04 AM
*:D*

RobAGD
06-06-2002, 09:05 AM
First I think you got your $$ Mixed up it should be 1 pound = $1.50 USD :)

the AGDE shop is smaller and I dont think its nearly as busy as the US Shop so they have time to do those neat little extras, and of course in the states you cant swing a dead rat around without hitting a Radio Shack.

Given your location, just suck it up and get it from teh AGDE shop.

-Robert

Bad Dave
06-06-2002, 09:21 AM
think agde actually gives you the option to pay in dollars, you'll have to call them to sort it out though.

davej946
06-06-2002, 09:39 AM
..and of course in the states you cant swing a dead rat around without hitting a Radio Shack.

Good Call Rob. I've made no less than 7 trips to my local RadioShack in the past couple of days! (Don't ask) :rolleyes:

Later ~ Dave

WebShock
06-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi Rob,

If you re-read my post you and I sare saying the same thing :D

point being, a pound is 50 cents more expensive than what I am used to getting. Here is my prob, I just recently bought a intelliframe. there is no radio shack in germany to buy those specific parts.
Is there any way that the AGD or AGDE shop can stock up on those intellilink parts? Hell, make a profit, I'll be willing to pay 10 bucks for the intelli link if I just had a way of getting it with my frame. See what I am getting at? If the AGD store is busier, dont you think if you synchonized the added extras with the american shop that you guys would make more $$$? Granted you arent a distributor but shipping for me is a killer. I love the AGD store. I would love to see more things in there for me to spend my money on.

paintbattler
06-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
of course in the states you cant swing a dead rat around without hitting a Radio Shack. -Robert lol aint that the truth

HoppysMag
06-06-2002, 03:34 PM
They are our guinne pigs... do you expect us Americans (and some canadians) to use possibly falty gear:D no im kiddin... i donno why.