PDA

View Full Version : What's The Best Bad Mag Comment You've Heard?

BTAutoMag
06-04-2002, 12:16 PM
I think the best I've heard was:

"Why buy Automag when a Spyder is so much better."

that would have been good alone but after the fisrt game (which i shot him in) he said:

"DUDE that is an awsome gun!"

Will Wood
06-04-2002, 12:17 PM
"they sucK" Is the best I got

Jonno06
06-04-2002, 12:18 PM
"mags are blenders"
"mags are heavy"

Jonno06
06-04-2002, 12:19 PM
"agd is going out of bussiness"
"mags are slow"

BTAutoMag
06-04-2002, 12:19 PM
whoa look at the post time between these posts.

FrAuStY
06-04-2002, 12:22 PM
"Nobody uses mags cuz they can't shoot without chopping"

Then they shot mine..

"Holy ****, a MAG the ACTUALLY WORKS!"

I was like.. they all work..you just have to PULL THE TRIGGER!

Ultimator
06-04-2002, 12:22 PM
"Hahahahaha look at that Z-grip I bet it gives you arthritis ... you can't shoot out of a bunker with that thing"

CRiZO
06-04-2002, 12:24 PM
"Those mags and their stupid magical elves piss me off"

magsRus
06-04-2002, 12:26 PM
"Their ugly"

speedballbanks
06-04-2002, 12:28 PM
the absolute best one i got was a stupid kid said and i quote
" What kind of Angel is that?"

epterry
06-04-2002, 12:34 PM
While I was changing a hose a ref said "that’s Mags for you" the guy who was helping me said "how many times have I had to fix your bushy?" :D

CpSuPeRkId
06-04-2002, 12:57 PM
"anything having to do with the word mag sucks, i dont know why but they just do" heard it at warped sports( it was some hillbilly who also told me tom kaye doesnt even like mags, he just sells them)and boy did i put up a fight for mags sake, shoulda seen the look on his face when i was done!

TransMan
06-04-2002, 01:04 PM
"my cocker is way faster than your RT could ever dream of being"

FordPrefect
06-04-2002, 01:21 PM
About Mags: "This peice of crap is a load of poop."

Patron God of Pirates
06-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Start of the day:

"Have fun chopping paint at me"

End of the day after 15 tags (four on this guy):

"That thing fires way to fast to be considered a semi, you shouldn't be allowed to use it"

FutureMagOwner
06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by FordPrefect
About Mags: "This peice of crap is a load of poop." I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD QUOTE ME ON THAT!!!!

TigerMan
06-04-2002, 02:24 PM
This isn't one about a bad comment, but a funny one newbies always say. When they ask me what kind of gun it's I have and I tell them an Automag, they always say "Awesome! So it shoots fully automatic then?" It always cracks me up for some odd reason. :D

speedballbanks
06-04-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by TigerMan
This isn't one about a bad comment, but a funny one newbies always say. When they ask me what kind of gun it's I have and I tell them an Automag, they always say "Awesome! So it shoots fully automatic then?" It always cracks me up for some odd reason. :D

yeah it is like people don't here the g at the end of the word or something lol automagtic lol.

Creative Mayhem
06-04-2002, 03:38 PM
A couple cocker guys would say "He's shooting mag, take 2 steps back.." They found out that wouldn't work when I back doored one and bunkered the other. All I said was I don't have to long ball when I can get up close and personal.:D :cool:

Polishpickles451
06-04-2002, 03:41 PM
"Mags are the worst sidarms I've ever seen"

"Why would you get a mag, you just get this carcass of a gun and you have to put the rest together yourself!"

Brian68mag
06-04-2002, 04:14 PM
"mags are trash, they break down so easily"
oh man good laughs

Will Wood
06-04-2002, 04:19 PM
PGP- the pic in your sig, is it from realultimatepower.com? that is an amazing web site.

oldsoldier
06-04-2002, 05:52 PM
Tiger, I get the same thing all the time. The best I've heard so far, and this isnt to trash a gun, was "man, youre gonna chop a lot of paint". Said by someone w/an angel. Well, we're n the same team...and he is cleaning his barrel constantly. I say "bad paint?" "yeah". Well, I was shooting the same stuff. Nuff said.:D

gibby
06-04-2002, 06:06 PM
While picking teams: No, not him...he only has a mag.

Bartleby
06-04-2002, 06:38 PM
i told someone i've got a warped mag
he said "what would you warp a mag for? there's no point, they can't handle a high enough rate of fire for there to be a purpose"
then i told him that they were made by the same company
and he said "what are you talking about, one's made by proteam and the mag is made by agd"

at that point he decided to try to convince me to buy a model98 and i just walked away.

BTAutoMag
06-04-2002, 07:25 PM
im suprised Footemps hasnt replied yet:D

im sure Tom has some good ones too

FooTemps
06-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
im suprised Footemps hasnt replied yet:D

im sure Tom has some good ones too

OH MY GOD YOU'RE SUCH A POSTWHORE!!!

My best bad mag comment is...
"Mags are only good if they're powerfeed and emags are hella sweet"

pip_999
06-04-2002, 07:43 PM
"I've seen better guns at canadian tire (wal mart)"

BTAutoMag
06-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
OH MY GOD YOU'RE SUCH A POSTWHORE!!!

look who's talking

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 07:48 PM
People at the PB store I go to call me a canadian cause I shoot a mag.

z-grip
06-04-2002, 07:51 PM
why is your trgigger backwards? (z-grip)
i had a mag, but i sold it for a booyaah spyder, soo much nicer. POOOOOOOLEASE

spazzed
06-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Ignorance is bliss... until you take it and shove it down their throat, sideways.

MagNumPI
06-04-2002, 09:02 PM
Best i heard:

"You got a mag, A MAG why not a cocker!!" I replied "Cause i want to play today"

And
"Hey, mag guy, you'll never be able to hit me if i stand up close, they arc so bad, haha get a cocker" Lit him up at 50 feet and at 4 feet.

My favorite quote is found in my sig.

FooTemps
06-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag

look who's talking

at least i posted a quote...

here's another one
"i don't like mags because they're not cockers"

AcemanPB
06-04-2002, 09:29 PM
at the speedball field with my minimag and 8 inch stock barrel

"haha your not going to hit anything with that little barrel, you see this (points to 18inch boomy) i'm gonna snipe you from down the field"

i let a guy shoot my gun and he short strokes it and chops....

"dude your gun is trash it can't even fire fast"

i get people saying the classic "mags suck" all the time, but these are the people who must like to stay in the deadbox...

CleenSweep
06-04-2002, 09:58 PM
I get this all the time

"Dude...your gun is way to heavy." I respond

"Real men don't notice...."

I also got a, "That warped mag thing isn't going to work out here." after the game, "Dude you went off on me and lit me up...you shot me like five times before I called out."

Restola
06-04-2002, 10:05 PM
People at the PB store I go to call me a canadian cause I shoot a mag.
wow that is low. i would never call someone canadian. ;)

speedballbanks
06-04-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Restola

wow that is low. i would never call someone canadian. ;)

damn you i got the e-mail and was abuot to type that good thing i went all the way down and read the whole post. lol :p

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 10:16 PM
It's pretty much me and Hemlocks nick name. People say hey Canada and I turn around. Wow I now feel realy ashamed.:(

speedballbanks
06-04-2002, 10:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that was low ;) :D

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 10:37 PM
It's true all the people that work at the field we go to call us (mainly me) canada or canadian.

paintbattler
06-04-2002, 10:45 PM
"Last time I saw something like that, I flushed it."

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 10:47 PM
Like what?

TheBigRaguPB4L
06-04-2002, 10:57 PM
like what?

I think he's actually talking about the topic at hand. Anywho, "Mags are such high maintenance guns, unlike my cocker, i never touch it and it shoots great". Said to me last friday.

Blazingace
06-04-2002, 10:59 PM
"We don't want you we want the guy with the Impy." Said seconds before we chewed them up.

FordPrefect
06-04-2002, 10:59 PM
FutureMagOwner, I quoted you just BECAUSE you said that you thought someone would. And look, it is even in my sig.:D

And another good bad Mag comment is: "Mags are for ***s"

The weird thing is, that is annoed on a cocker in Challenge Games(a store near me). I don't go there much more, you can see why.

obsolete898
06-04-2002, 11:00 PM
I think he's actually talking about the topic at hand. Anywho, "Mags are such high maintenance guns, unlike my cocker, i never touch it and it shoots great". Said to me last friday.

Good call.:)

StuDawggie
06-04-2002, 11:14 PM
Worst thing that was said to me wasn't about my gun, but rather me and I was called the "Mag F*g". (only Mag shooter, at a field full of Cocker C**ks). Let's see who taught who a lesson about what a real gun was able to do. I was the only one who didn't chop that day, or have to sit a game out to fix my gun.:D

Havoc_online
06-05-2002, 01:52 AM
A couple of guys who knew I was going to go up against them and saw my gun asked me to go home, lol.

I like "mags are like a paint hose"

"tube on a trigger"

of course, at the end of everyday, man, that gun is sweet.
(and when it comes down to it, it's just a basic Retro Mag)

liigod
06-05-2002, 02:14 AM
"i havent ever broken a ball in my mag"
"i cant remember the last time i chopped"

Patron God of Pirates
06-05-2002, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Will Wood
PGP- the pic in your sig, is it from realultimatepower.com? that is an amazing web site.

I'm a realultimatepower.net junkie.

Yudanja
06-05-2002, 08:22 AM
"Autochopper" is the worst I have heard about my mag.

Hexis
06-05-2002, 10:31 AM
At Splatball inc in Minneapolis spoken by the owner Jim:

"Don't even get me started on those things..." folowwed by a rant about how some work great and others are crap.

Oh, wait, he was talking about cockers. He's a mag fan.

ShooterJM
06-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I submit that my comment has to be a finalist if not the winner!

Spoken by a member of team Fury (He'll remain anonymous for his own protection) upon seeing my mag:

"What the (explitive deleted) is that?"

I replied "An automag"

And he (seriously) said, "Why the (explitive delted) would you ever use one of those? Tom Kaye is dead, get a real marker."

Trigger_Happy
06-06-2002, 03:38 PM
Hexis...I think we live right on top of eachother! Splattball Inc. is about 35min from me!

Telefragged
06-06-2002, 04:25 PM
After a discussion with a store owner about why Mag's are apparently "bad" to a lot of people, I told him problems were mainly due to the user, like shortstroking.

"you can shortstroke a Mag?!" was the response.

FutureMagOwner
06-06-2002, 04:27 PM
what thread did i even say that in im trying to see

BTW dont take that out of context i said thats what people say when they get the stock thing and cant use the trigger

rjvemt1
06-06-2002, 06:06 PM
People at the PB store I go to call me a canadian cause I shoot a mag. wtf?

obsolete898
06-06-2002, 06:17 PM
^^^^ It's insulting.

StuDawggie
06-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Now here's one that I heard today at the p-ball store that I'm no longer going to be shopping at...
"I'm discontinuing all my Mag parts and items. Mag players are a dying breed, just like their guns..."
Okay now with that comment I just got totally PO'd and told him thanks for the stainless 12" dye for $30, and he could go ahead and kiss my pasty white butt so long as a customer for bashing my equipment.

BTW it was the owner of the store who told me that...

Vegeta
06-06-2002, 10:47 PM
I have gotten friends who dont play PB think it's automatic...

I even had this one asshat that is a totaly jerk (hate his guts.. everything about this guy is just annoying) say taht he was gettting an autococker becuase "it is automatic". I then procedded to spend 30 minutes of Science class trying to explain to him how it worked. He still didn't belive me. He's one of those people who you just wanna punch in the face when you see them.

davej946
06-07-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
the absolute best one i got was a stupid kid said and i quote
" What kind of Angel is that?"

I once had a kid (young) ask me what kind of Spyder I had... :mad: Whatever.

Later ~ Jonesie

shartley
06-07-2002, 09:38 AM
“RTPs are gas hogs.”

But then the person who said that saw my RTP and said..
"WOW, that is sure a nice setup!"

Jonno06
06-07-2002, 09:40 AM
lol,i got another good one 2 days ago(wed.) while at the field with a bunch of kids....

Stuart(impy owner): (looks at my retro warped minimag),why dont you get a decent mag....I gotsa decent mag...

it was very hard not to laugh....

kosmo
06-07-2002, 11:20 AM
The best one I've heard has got to be "Holy **** it still works!" That being after on the way back home from a day of paintball the back latch on the station wagon flew open and the mag fell out goin 70 down the highway.

DryIce
06-07-2002, 11:31 AM
hmmm
at a local tourney
while sitting in the dead box with my emag with warp
and the entire front of my barrel is green from paint splooge
ref says to me
'thats a mag for ya'

needless to say
me and my mag were not on good terms since then!

Mango
06-07-2002, 11:53 AM
When I had my E-mag:

random guy: "Is that an Angel?"
me: "No, its an E-mag."
random guy: "oh they chop paint like crazy."
me: "yeah I never know when its going to be good to me or not."

:rolleyes:

speedballbanks
06-07-2002, 12:42 PM
can we make this a sticky????? this would be good for newcomers to ao to see!!!!!

MagDog68
06-07-2002, 01:33 PM
The best one I ever heard was from a wanna-be pro at Cousin's Paintball in Long Island. A friend and his brother-in-law had brought me to spec out some gear for a beginner. They were looking over some mid-leveled electros when I asked them if they were interedsted in a Mag. I can't think of a better beginner gun than the mag - easy to use and great for all skill levels.

When I asked the kid at the counter, his reply was "Well we have an E-Mag, but nobody buys them. They aren't a good quality gun..."

I was shocked - and after a triad about his overpriced stock of fancy electros I yelled out that pbgear.com beat Cousins prices by 25% and left. I am pretty sure most customers there that day have logged some internet hours since then.

~Fred

E==Mag MAN
06-07-2002, 06:11 PM
Well accually the ref's and most players at pev's only compliment my e-mag. BUT I HAVE TO THINGS TO SAY

it was quite funny i was in the 50 and didnt know were i was eliminated from so im talking to a couple of guys on other team trying to figure out who got me. This guy goes no i wasnt there but "you are shooting a mag so i would of go tyou out anyways" ........I hope his back feels better next game i bunkered that P**** gave him 11 balls asked him why he didnt eliminate me since i was shooting a mag.

the other one lol one day im playing with my old shutter for fun.... this kid goes oh **** he has a dark angel i could only smile as the guy next to me with a angel rolled his eyes

BTAutoMag
06-07-2002, 09:27 PM
i was talking to my dealer the other day...

Dealer: why dont you dunp the mag and get a shocker. mines so good on paint that i havent had to take that barrel off for 2 months. your mag on the other hand... (i cut him off)

Me: WOW, 2 Months... well i guess i should really check what kind of condition my barrel o rings are in after 4 months... theyre probable stuck to the mainbody.

i have fun with my dealer... he used to own a Zgriped RT with Max Flow air... he said for 3 years of use there was only one game he didnt chop. so he sold it to me and i used it one day (till i found out that compressed air is hard to come by where i live)... it was raining, i had at MAX 1900 psi in my tank each game, 9v revvy with a half dead battery, and a small bore barrel. i had one break that day after 6 hours of hard play with REALLY skilled people. i was the one standing around going "is everybodys gun fixed yet?"

cris8762
06-07-2002, 09:59 PM
me using my friends mag, following is said by newbies at some birthdayparty : " psst...hey guys, look at his gun... he is a pro player...man look at that silver thing on the back of his gun, that's where the battery is held, yeah it cost like 2000 dollars! i heard it shoots like fully auto and cuts through bunkers!" at this point i turn around with marker in hand and say "hey guys, lemme show u something" pointing to the mag...they all just turned and walked away real fast like i just turned around trying to kidnap them! i started to laugh and they came over and i explained about my friends 68 p/f mag to them.....true story......it was soo funny:D i almost burst out laughing when i heard the battery part and that i was a pro:rolleyes:

RT_Luver
06-07-2002, 10:21 PM
ok...this might be kinda confusing so I'll try my best to explaint it simply because I'm confused my self saying it to me. [B][I][U]REFS[B][I][U] at my field all the time in front of me (becasue they know I'm good and would NEVER give up a mag to any other gun) go up to other ppl and say "what do you think is better stock..... mag or cocker. and of course...everyone at my field(except my team) love cockers so the answer is always cocker. and I know that aint an actual mag comment but its insulting to me, so when ever I go against someone that said cocker I always go for them JUST TO SHOW THEM. I'm NOT saying that the cocker aint good. they just say that to piss me off and it gets annoying. and thats my gripe, excuse me now

paintslinger
06-08-2002, 12:30 AM
i got a couple...
"you mag guys and your powerfeeds"
"hey u gotta a mag let me use your squeegee" i said i didn't have one and proceeded to keep shooting and only broke 2 balls out of a whole case that day...hehehe

p.s. post #100 woooooooooooo

BTAutoMag
06-12-2002, 01:06 PM
up guys come on i know you got some more

AssassN
06-12-2002, 03:18 PM
My worst is pretty lame. Said by automag10 who has a classic mag that is all stock to me that has an RT. "My mag is better than yours."

Well thats is i warned you it was lame but i can't figure out how he figured a stock mag to be better than an RT but whatever.

AssassN
06-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Acctually he stopped witht the comments after one game when i got between 6 to 8 people. It was a small feild and there was a bush and some n00b was shooting at me from it. I fanned my trigger into the mush hopeing that one would go thro and about 4 people came out of the bush. I also found a small crack in a munker and picked people off the rest of the game thro that.

After taht game i had people comeing up to me left and right asking to shoot my gun and if i could be on their team.

AssassN
06-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Forgot one thing. During that game i got popped rith in the middle finger. I had stuck my hand out for a second to try and turn around and i got hit. As a joke i walked by the guy that hit me and gave him a one finger salute. We both laughed about it, but the ref got REALLY mad at me because he thought i was mad at him. It was kind of funny but the ref figured out wat was going on.

The moral to this story is be careful with one finger salutes.

MrMag
06-12-2002, 05:16 PM
my neighbors comments were the best:

"have you heard of the motorized loaders? they just came out, so i can understand if you havent" said 3 weeks ago

"my spyder amg can outshoot ur retro mag easily, it can shoot 11pbs on fa!"

covadsucks
06-12-2002, 06:33 PM
The best one I heard locally was "Retro Mags suck! Why did you waste yer money on that POS...you coulda got a Bushy!" When I shot him out with my retromini he got kinda pissed and didn't speak to me again.

BTAutoMag
06-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by MrMag
my neighbors comments were the best:

"have you heard of the motorized loaders? they just came out, so i can understand if you havent" said 3 weeks ago

"my spyder amg can outshoot ur retro mag easily, it can shoot 11pbs on fa!" OMG that is so funny
what else does you neighbor say?

MasterYoda
06-12-2002, 08:48 PM
I like when someone says, "dude your gun's gonna freeze up". Then I say, "Uh, no it won't." and point to my nitro tank. The sad thing is that he still dosen't get why it won't freeze. Then he starts shooting dry ice out of his tippmann.

magman007
06-12-2002, 08:50 PM
heres one

these people shoot magshttp://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=344370

mykroft
06-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Well, I've gotten 'Is that a machine gun?' from n00bs, and a few others, but my Angel got the best comment ever on Sunday:

Is that a shocker or an impulse?

Black Angel, Freak, Max-Flo and big honkin' SP logo on the side of the gun.

animal
06-12-2002, 10:18 PM
How bout

"Why don't you get a cocker, they shoot further."

Or even better. With my *E*mag in hand....

"You should trade that in and get a gun with an electronic trigger. They're much faster"

rehme
06-12-2002, 10:22 PM
mags are for ***s

MrMag
06-12-2002, 10:43 PM
basically my neighbors think that the only paintball gun that exists is spyder anything. he hadnt heard of warp eaither until i explained it the other day, and he said that it isnt possible since paintballs dont go up, i explained it again, but he is still "skepticle" but if he wanted he could have any gun on earth seeing how he is filthy rich.

obsolete898
06-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Mags suck
Me: why?
well they work fine but every time I shoot one I blend paint
Me: Then it's your fault
well I stay away from any thing made by Tom Kaye
Me: ok

This was from one of the head refs at PBA. Funny thing was he couldn't get his ripper? cocker working for the life of him. By the end of the day his back up (a black magic) was leaking. Yea those AGD products really suck.:rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
06-12-2002, 10:56 PM
i was playing one day awhile ago (there was a thread i talked about it in about sportsmanship) well anyways it was the game with all the experienced people... ok my mag was sitting on one of the spools in the staging area and i was sitting out of view under it filling my tubes for my pack. two people walk up and start talking without seeing me (the quotes are not perfect this was a month ago):

"OMG dude look at this"

"wow that things a beast"(no they do not know me:D)

"oh and look at the battery tube. it has "smartmag" written on it and it even says custom built by smartparts"

"cool, whats that thing the hoppers in"

"its called a warp speed. they came out last month"

"wow what does it do?"

"it pushes the balls into the feed at 30 rounds a second"

"OMG that gun can do 30 rounds a second"

"no ive heard of these. they look cool but my spyder can shoot faster."

at this point i get annoyed and stand up. they look suprised that someone was listening.

me "you guys are retarded"

"no were not"

"why you say that?"

me "you have no clue what youre talking about"

"yes we do"

me pointing at the valve "what does this do?"

"holds the batteries. DUH!"

me "ok fine you got one right. how fast does this feed balls again" (pointing at the warp)

them same time "30"

me "nope. it can feed 45 rounds per second but i can easily pull my trigger faster then that. are you on my team."

"are you on chads team?"

me "no"

"then yes we are" (they looked relieved)

i pick up my supplies "then dont get in front of me i might mistake you for the wrong team" i walk away

RobAGD
06-13-2002, 12:02 AM
humm some recent ones.

Some walk on Players

"Look at the dudes Mag" "yes those things are junk"
Well after that I jump in for a game vs the walk ons, making sure I am playing against them :) 4 v 4 I shot all 4 of them out 3 games in a row ;)

-=-=-=

I was playing the Snake at Pevs, did the long run and dove in to the first knuckle.

"He he has a Warp, I cant belive it didnt snap off"
"Dont worry he will blend paint"

Soon after that I shoot the eagle, shoot the mid, shoot the 50, Pop out an score the snake guy, jump over and rope 2 more before my team shoots me in the back :/

"Dude that guys gun rocks!"

-=-=-

Playing at Outdoor adventures.

I make a mad dash to the "Show" tape I hear, oh they are done ( refering to my team ) He has a mag, he will blend paint. I poke out and rope 2 players, blind shoot the back player cross field, I need to reload. they see what I am shooting and I hear " How the F*** is he shooting Hellfire out of Mag, I shoot an Angel and cant get it out of the tube" I go do the guy at the 50 on a trade and I head to the dead box. All I hear behind me is people asking WTF is with that "Mag" :)

-=--=-

Pevs again

Some team guys that like to rib me good naturedly about my Emag we have some fun. We went down early big time something like 7 v 3. So I go into defence mode and start picthing paint like its free. I am making a mess out of the people looking around (lots of Hellfire orange googles ) We shoot out 3 of them then loose our 3rd so it 2 v 4. Mike and i rope 1 each and i hear from the side lines

"Hey hoover try giving me a freaking breather dude" The entire side of his head was Orange as was a good chunk of the people on the tape. I had them locked up tight as I could and the mag was just spitting ornage Hell at them.

Fun part was I got 2 more C&C Emag orders from people watching Sunday :) Muhahahaha

-=-

Over the years I have heard it all, I have people that still think my guns are differnt than the ones AGD sells. I dont break paint in my gun often ( I am on 8k of hellfire for the year now and I have 1 barrel break that I cant explain as something stupid I did ).

Heck I loan my guns to people to go play with and I get lots of ohhh ahhhh and the best part gun sales.

-Robert

Remember the first taste is always free, you pay for those that follow :)

Kaiser Bob
06-13-2002, 12:28 AM
Well, I havent had anyone really say anything bad about my gun yet, and Ive gotten a couple compliments, but i think the weirdest thing was when a ref at a local field asked to hold my gun with warp, 114ci tank and full revy and said 'Wow! how did you get it so light?!' And he was serious, I must have given him the funniest look lol.

BTW- Its sick but the warp can probably feed more then 45bps if you jacked it up enough.

oldsoldier
06-13-2002, 08:21 AM
Well, I usually get comments every now and again from the young'uns like "thats a nice Angel", referring to my completely chrome automag. When I tell them what it is, they either have never heard of it, or ask if its automatic. I teill ythem no, it an autoMAG. Usually doesnt sink in. And, everyone usually wants me on their team...I suck, but look pro...so, I guess perception is everything huh?;)
Two weekends ago I was playing at my local field, and there was a good amount of people there. I usually play walkon, so I play with whoever. Well, there are a couple of guys there that play regularly as well, both Angel shooters. I was on the opposing team. Me and those two were shooting it out; one was in a bunker forward of me, the other was to my one o'clock. We exchanged about 200 rounds apiece, ending with me being eliminated. Back in the dead zone, the guy in the bunker in front of me says " when you first started firing, I thought you were a renter. Then, you started laying paint, and I thought 'this is the guy with the emag!' So, I started hosing with (the other guys name)." I told him I didnt have my emag that weekend, just my automag. He just smiled and said "man, uyou ripped that thing!"
I have a problem shortstroking again though...so used to my emag! But, thats another story.

MrShutter
06-13-2002, 11:05 AM
"Mags suck. Tippmann rules."

Miscue
06-19-2002, 02:58 PM
I had some 30 y.o. guy telling me about how his Stringray was awesome and he gave it a trigger job to do 20bps.

I asked him, "Stingray you said?" "Yeah, I guess you don't know what it is." "I know what it is, it's a cheap piece of plastic that can maybe do 5bps w/o falling apart." He got upset, and insisted it could do 20bps.

I told him, "I have an automag with a hyperframe."
(This was back in the day)

"What's a Mag?"

I showed him a picture. "My gun is better," he said.

Idiots. :)

Yatta!
06-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Everyone laughs when I get out my mag, they dont say anything. Then in a game they stop laughing when I get them out, all I hear are grunts and muttered swear words:)

Yatta!

BTAutoMag
06-19-2002, 07:14 PM
ok this is the kicker...

"mags shoot too fast"

MiniMag66
06-19-2002, 09:25 PM
"So how often does it not chop?"

Halliday
06-19-2002, 10:27 PM
This dialog happens once a month at the field

Q: "What kind of gun is that?"
A: "It's an Automag."
Q: "It's an automatic?"
A: "No, Automag but I can turn on the Hyper mode and really show you something......."

Sheesh

einhander619
06-20-2002, 12:55 AM
The only people who diss my RT are fat slobs who use autocockers. Everyone else either compliments it or says they've never seen one, and instead of being idiots they actually ask me questions and listen to what I have to say. Even when it had a bad leak in the banjo bolt and emptied a tank every game people said "nice setup." Some people are cool.

oldsoldier
06-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Hehehe...another one...posted on PBN. Someone here had a link to their site when LX came out the first day. Anyway, i was reading the posts there..and someone there named "rollinone" posted "mags suck because they are ugly". I have to honestly say that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Gecko
06-20-2002, 09:25 AM
last nepl tourny was funny. Begining of the day was the normal hehe hope you brought squeegies and have fun blending.
I was checked for full auto 3 times that day. Kept hearing from the sidelines check him for full auto! holy crap thats fast etc....
i shot 1.5 cases of atomic marbs without a chop or barrel burst. People were singing a far different tune at the end of the day.
Gecko

j.t.
06-20-2002, 09:48 AM
After 3 pages of posts I thought i would have at least heard the name "Autof*g" used once. Thats gotta be the most commonly used one i know

But neways heres my story-

I had just walked out of a game and i here "why would you want an automag? There is no need for shooting so fast especially when it just leads to chopping paint"
Now the funny thing about this is, this came from a new pump player who just succesfully shot himself in the chest trying to spin his PGP around his finger. Smart guy really

BTAutoMag
06-26-2002, 10:36 PM
im seem to be the only one replying to this thread lately...

played last sunday. i hear a new one every time i play.

(looking at my beast) Wow that thing is ugly, oh sorry i didnt mean to say that. wow is that thing ugly.

(after the one break i had during the day) yea he broke a ball and screwed himself over. see how easy that mag chops

(me after the above guy said the "C" word) yea it chopped pretty easily, i'll admit it. but did you see the 4 eliminations i had before the chop.

marley618
06-26-2002, 10:57 PM
"Why would you pay that much for a mag when you could have gotten a spyder that is 10 times better?"

The field I play it is just spyders and tippmans, and sometimes cockers. I've only seen another mag there once.

speedballbanks
06-26-2002, 11:07 PM
"what is that ghetto rig on the side of your gun?" > {kid with a talon} < figures

"how much did you pay for that angel?" > (newbie}

this next kid i hate talking to here is our conversation.

"hey i hear mag's chop", me "yeah they do horribly" i then walk away and he doesn't bother me the rest of the day :p . the funy thing is he shot my mag as fast as he could and it didn't chop and then to be dumb enough and ask me if they chop thinking i would let him shoot my gun.

einhander619
06-26-2002, 11:39 PM
I had some kid with a bushy ask me why put so much money into a worthless gun. His bushy was currently experiencing a fried board, by the way. I asked him at point blank whether or not he was dissing my gun. He said no, but I said to him: "There are two places my RT gets dissed, the other team's deadbox, and the other team's toolbox. You, I think, have been both places alot today." AGD for life.

MagmanLee
06-27-2002, 01:15 AM
My friend told me:"I can't stand mags! They just suck! They just keep on making another verson of it which just cost more and sucks even more!

liigod
06-27-2002, 01:26 AM
him ::cleaning barrel:: My mag is NOT a blender, especially now with level ten

me - do you have level ten

him - ::cleaning second break:: no

a true story from the sidelines of sherwood

MrMag
06-27-2002, 01:46 AM
i hope ur not quoting me colin, cause if u r, ur taking it outa context.

Doug_7
04-18-2003, 04:27 PM
One thing I noticed in this form and when I play is that everybody thinks that you are only as good as your gun. If you have a mag you must be worse than that guy with an angel. That pisses me off so much, no one juges you on your skill. I've said this before and I'll say this again. If a vet PBer went against a noob who's never played before, and the noob had an angle and the vet had a freken Blade. Bet you the Vet would win.

Miscue
04-18-2003, 06:00 PM
/me places an order for a Retro Valve at local shop.

"I'm here to pick up my Retro Valve."

"Oh, I cancelled it for you."

"Why?"

"You don't really want one."

!!! :mad: !!!

Jerhew
04-18-2003, 06:14 PM
a friend of mine has stickers on each side of his hopper
one is the typical- kid urinating on a mag
and the other is "i'd rather throw paint than use an automag"

i told him at some point he most likely will be throwing paint when his cocker goes down(again)
and he won't be using my mag ever...

personally i think it's pretty disrespectful...
after all i am the one who always ends up fixing his cocker when it goes down

i guess i just dont need stickers...
the cocker will just make fun of itself eventually
:D

Ov3rmind
04-18-2003, 06:24 PM
"They break down too much."

"They're too slow."

Oh yeah, I own a Cocker. Too bad it hasn't broken down on me (EVER), and I can outshoot every other mechanical gun I've ever seen on my field.

c sherer
04-18-2003, 07:37 PM
Said to us at Ultimate Madness:

Jeez, mags! you all will never even get to your bunkers on the break!
(we advanced to semi-finals and finished 16th overall)

CoSh

andy13186
04-18-2003, 07:47 PM
This is my friend, who just got a Tippmann A-5, All of this is truthful.

"Why did you get a mag? Didnt you know they havent came out with anything new for at least 10 years, there so out-of-date!?"

i was like, bwaAHHAHAHAhlA AHAHAHAHAH AaHHAHAHA.

Meph
04-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MrShutter
"Mags suck. Tippmann rules."

Well, at least one part of that is true!

Because mags can't suck, they blow! It's in their design.

I think the worst I've seen wasn't what somebody said. it was a sticker. Read...
"Mags are for ***s"

BTAutoMag
04-18-2003, 08:29 PM
and after 10 months this thread is upped wow... and its always the new guys who do it:D

theres a rumor floating around my school that a suck at pb. i found out who started it... the guy i schooled with my mag:D

lazebum
04-18-2003, 09:04 PM
at school everybody knew i had a pb gum and when the school got shot up who do you think they draged in to the office
ME!!!
well i told my princable that if it was me their wouldent be one every 3 feet it would be a solid line! he said that i was joking so i brought in my gun and let him play out back and he's been playing ever since. so has my band teacher! both have spyder's but love my gun
this was when i first got my mag.

automag_20
04-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Everyone i play with has shot a mag at one time or another so no one bags on mags but everyone prefers cockers.

"Mags are easier to maintain but my cocker shoots further."

NJPaint
04-18-2003, 09:59 PM
"Whats that?"
"An Automag"
"Never heard of them, you should really get a really gun like this E-99"
"Oh I've heard of those! They are those cool toys that kids play with when they want a cheap electronic blender"

Peach
04-18-2003, 11:41 PM
After the first game with my miniRT, lvlx AGD 68/4.5K flatline, ULE body, freak, INTELLI FRAME, and eggo2...
These are allf rom knowledgable people... Pretty sad, a few have even owned mags.
"That thing rips! Is it a Hypermag?"
"WHOA! I should get an E-mag."
"Is that an electro?"
"Is that full auto?"

And before the first game...

"Look at that time bomb. My gun runs at 2XX psi."
"How many chops you get per case?" <--- When it's before I have my hopper on, I stick my finger in the breach and say, "Half or whole?" No mater what they say... Psst :) The look on their face is always classic.
"How often do you clean your barrel?" Me, "Not as often as you clean your mask."

Blazestorm
04-19-2003, 03:00 AM
I love those guys who are like "Yah mags chop a lot" than my friends who ALL have retro lvl10 mags (I might be joining them soon) And they go and they all stick their finger in the breech and pull the trigger a lot and you just here this PSSsstt psssttt pssssttt.

and everyone is silent... I see a lot of cockers that are down, hell my cocker never breaks down now... it keeps shooting... well tuned cockers don't break down so don't be dissin cockers

:D

anyway... I love mags and I love cockers... I hate mag owners who diss cockers... and I hate cocker owners who diss mags... hell I hate anyone who diss mags

I_am_the_cheese
04-19-2003, 01:30 PM
While reffing at my local field last weekend I had a group of newbies turn down a 1 vs. 3 offer because I had an "automatic w/ NOS". They insisted that nitrogen, or "NOS' would make the paintball go faster or hurt more.

paint_munkey
04-19-2003, 01:33 PM
just 10 minutes ago i got into a fight with a guy over at pbnation. here's what he said:

"I personally do not like mags, some people do.

But I think the Xmag is way overpriced for a pretty looking electo sear tripper. You could save a grand by getting a spyder AMG."

paint_munkey
04-19-2003, 01:35 PM
here's a link if you want to put this retard shmuck in his place:

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=220876

ZyperioN
04-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Our local pro-shop (biased cocker owners haven) has been the site of some great conversations.

My friend and i walk into the shop with our mags and set them on the counter.

Guy behind the Counter "What happened? Did ur mags break again?" *guy is fiddling with his cocker thats in about 20 pieces on the table*
Us "um, no.....we actually came to get our tanks filled."
Guy "then why did u bring ur trashy gun in here?"
Us "um because we wanted to show u the new Level 10 mod."
Guy "nothing is ever gonna make a mag as good as a cocker."
Us "really?......*demonstrates level 10*"
Guy "um.....yeah.....my cocker can do that."
Us "really?"
Guy "Yeah"
Us "prove it"
Guy *grabs some paintballs* "here ill show ya"
Us "no no no, use ur finger."
Guy "no way ur crazy!"
Us "So how much did u pay for the shoebox?"
Guy "what did u just call my shocker?"
Us *laugh, get our tanks and walk out*.

Oh what good times we have.

JT2002
04-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MagDog68
The best one I ever heard was from a wanna-be pro at Cousin's Paintball in Long Island. A friend and his brother-in-law had brought me to spec out some gear for a beginner. They were looking over some mid-leveled electros when I asked them if they were interedsted in a Mag. I can't think of a better beginner gun than the mag - easy to use and great for all skill levels.

When I asked the kid at the counter, his reply was "Well we have an E-Mag, but nobody buys them. They aren't a good quality gun..."

I was shocked - and after a triad about his overpriced stock of fancy electros I yelled out that pbgear.com beat Cousins prices by 25% and left. I am pretty sure most customers there that day have logged some internet hours since then.

~Fred

where in li do you live? im in smithown and usually go to the indoor field in happauge. u going to the big game? yeah at cousins they are usually overpriced, and theyre all pretty bad when it comes to mags, except this one kid who owns a mag. they had no clue how to fix the kid who i sold my mag to's gun. all it needed was the shorter spring. lol. i also didnt like how when he told them how much i charged him for it, (250 for a gun that total cost over 400) went and started on him say how he got so ripped off and you know the rest) overall cousins is good, just got some anti mag there, whish i had the $$ for an x mag to take it there and show em what a mags all about. well, time to try to sell me classic timmy

so back on topic...
the best i ever heard was when some little kid came over to me and said "IS that an Angel?" god i loved that one lol.

Impy-rocks
04-20-2003, 12:12 AM
before game:
anonymous:"Hah.. a mag, that thing cant lay poop for paint, plus it chops a lot" (during tourney)
me:"yep, it chops and shoots slow"

after game: anonymous:"I hate those sweetspotting triggers, the farking RT valves do nothing but break paint"
me: "no sweetspot, try it"
anonymous:"look it sweetspots!" (shoots 2 balls and a 1/2 stroke)
me: "give it here"
anonymous:"let me see you shoot that fast again without chopping"
me: *rips on trigger, out shoots revvy with ease*
anonymous:"my Angel can do that also" *paint blenders it*
me: "and people say mags chop"
friend who has a vision impy: (tricked, but not a nasty or rat or anything.. and a mag as a back up) "dude, a guy with a manual trigger just told you to cram it up your butt sideways. And he didnt break paint.. my mag will be like that someday"

Ahhhh I loved that.

Ov3rmind
04-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
Our local pro-shop (biased cocker owners haven) has been the site of some great conversations.

My friend and i walk into the shop with our mags and set them on the counter.

Guy behind the Counter "What happened? Did ur mags break again?" *guy is fiddling with his cocker thats in about 20 pieces on the table*
Us "um, no.....we actually came to get our tanks filled."
Guy "then why did u bring ur trashy gun in here?"
Us "um because we wanted to show u the new Level 10 mod."
Guy "nothing is ever gonna make a mag as good as a cocker."
Us "really?......*demonstrates level 10*"
Guy "um.....yeah.....my cocker can do that."
Us "really?"
Guy "Yeah"
Us "prove it"
Guy *grabs some paintballs* "here ill show ya"
Us "no no no, use ur finger."
Guy "no way ur crazy!"
Us "So how much did u pay for the shoebox?"
Guy "what did u just call my shocker?"
Us *laugh, get our tanks and walk out*.

Oh what good times we have.
Wait, I'm confused. Did his Cocker turn into a Shocker?:confused:

Peach
04-20-2003, 01:34 AM
I don't know... I got lost in the flood of ums and reallies. I hope you guys don't REALLY talk like the that.

Lee
04-20-2003, 06:44 AM
"mags are in the same category as pirahnas"

"is that a machine gun?"

JT2002
04-20-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Lee

"is that a machine gun?"

now, i love mags and all, but a few weeks ago i realized, go take a good look at a classic mag, then go play the Counter Strike Mod Day OF Defeat, and take a look at the (i think its called) "Grease Gun" (nickname) its looks much like a mag, a simple tubular body with a skinny and long barrel! but dont worry i know mags have much more inside, i remember my mag, oh the first time after i put lvl 10 in and i decided to stick my finger in there, the tension!

m-98
04-20-2003, 09:13 AM
"autoblender"

Lee
04-20-2003, 09:26 AM
jt...i think i've seen those in magazines. does it have a feed neck you can swivel to left/right/center?. i can't remember the name of of it, but it looked like a grease gun to me.
the guy that said the thing about the machine gun was referring to the rof, and that was before i got a lvlX, it's increased since.

and yes, the joy of the lvlX finger demo....

JT2002
04-20-2003, 09:42 AM
well, i think that was a mayhem hehe. but what i was talking about was this. lol. see the tube? think of a mag! lol. i just though it was funny although i am very pro mag..

you know what? mags need more respect, which they can get by more exposure. in order to do that, i think tom should lower the price of all X mags ordered from today on to say 650. that would help get us lots of exposure!:D or tom could just send me an x mag for a week to "test" hehe , but mainly to bring to my local field on a monday night (monday is BYOP night so it gets really crazy there.)because there are a lot of anti mag people there and i would really like to show them how good the new X-Mag is. Hey tom any way u can do this? just for a week to show to teh locals? Ive got credit cards!!!:D and im not jokin either, id really like to do that!!!

tmnothing
04-20-2003, 10:09 AM
"What kind of gun is that?"
"Automag"
"YOU CANT PLAY WITH AUTOMATICS HERE!"
"Ok"

Xerces
04-20-2003, 10:27 AM
its just funny to hear the 'tricked out spider snipers' tel you that mags suck, especially when they don't even know what it is.

'does kingman make that?'

Peach
04-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JT2002
well, i think that was a mayhem hehe. but what i was talking about was this. lol. see the tube? think of a mag! lol. i just though it was funny although i am very pro mag..

you know what? mags need more respect, which they can get by more exposure. in order to do that, i think tom should lower the price of all X mags ordered from today on to say 650. that would help get us lots of exposure!:D or tom could just send me an x mag for a week to "test" hehe , but mainly to bring to my local field on a monday night (monday is BYOP night so it gets really crazy there.)because there are a lot of anti mag people there and i would really like to show them how good the new X-Mag is. Hey tom any way u can do this? just for a week to show to teh locals? Ive got credit cards!!!:D and im not jokin either, id really like to do that!!!

Didn't you say in the epic post how you would give them a false credit card, or fake ID and run off with the gun... HMMM

JT2002
04-20-2003, 10:52 AM
dude do you know the difference between serious and a joke? usually, a statement followed by a :D , or a :rolleyes: , or any of the others ususally indicates the idea of a joke. im not that type of person, and whenever i keep joking bout someting in ur epic thread you keep acting like im totally serious. anydways with the epics, lol, im over in NY, im gonn ahave to go fly a plane out to SC to try em, and then Fly back. oh wait, for the cost of plane i could just buy one:D . lighten up bro and have some fun!

Peach
04-20-2003, 11:41 AM
I know you were joking, it's not that hard to notice :D Make sure you have a comment. :P

Kid:"Oh wow! Nice angel"
Me:"It's not an angel, it's an automag."
Kid:"Oh, those suck" *Walks off*

JT2002
04-20-2003, 11:45 AM
the worst that ever happened dealing with me was when me, my timmy, and the kid with the mag that i sold to him went to the indoor field, when he goes there and goes to get tank filled before we play, he tells the guys he bought the gun from me. then they ask how much and he says 250. (it was 250 for a setup that cost over 400 and had mostly new parts in it.) they then go on ranting about how i ripped him off and shiz. the ghey thing is they dont even have a clue of how to fix a mag.

wobbles82
04-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Yea..this one guy Chuck told my friend " Mags are pussy guns, only pussys shoot them" what does that mean? lol

When I pull my RT Pro out kids go "WHAT KIND OF COCKER IS THAT! *its not a cocker* oh so its an angel then"

"Mags are blenders with crappy expansion chambers" dumbest one ive heard

"Mags shoot so inconsistent...between a Tippy or mag I would take a tippy"

"WHy buy a mag when you can get a cocker and shoot faster"

Thats not all, but they slowed down after they got bunkered with my RT :p , sall good.

ZyperioN
04-20-2003, 12:48 PM
the store manager owns 2 cockers, a shocker, and a timmy.

SI|ENT|3O|3
04-20-2003, 12:59 PM
this wasn't bad...i actually loved hearing it. i was at the Dallas AO meet, and i was dryfireing my retro mag in the staging area and
Tom Kaye: "Is that a mechanical mag?"
me: "yeah"
TK: "thats pretty rippin for a mechanical mag"

that made my day :D
-sebastian

Lee
04-20-2003, 01:32 PM
jt...thats an m3 "grease gun" nicnamed that by troops in ww2 because of it's resmeblance to one.
they were made to replace the thompsan. thompsans were something like 400$ to produce in ww2 whereas the grease gun was cost 15$.

i have a skull full of useless trivia thats good for absolutely nothing other than to impress myself....

JT2002
04-20-2003, 03:01 PM
yeah i know that lol. i was just adding it to the thread for the fun of it:D

1stdeadeye
04-20-2003, 04:38 PM
First day out at OTP in NJ with the X-Mag.
Newb: Cool gun, what kind of Spyder is that?
Me: :mad: :rolleyes: :p

Looking to buy E-Mag at NPS:

Me: What about an E-Mag?
Jared: Well, they are superfast and easy to repair, but they a friggin' bricks? (Heavy)
Me: Haulin' bricks doesn't bother me.

GatoLoco
05-08-2003, 09:29 PM
i posted this earlier today...

Anywho, it seems that mag bashers' rumors are all but pointless now.

"Mags Chop." Lvl 10, warp, or eye
"Mags are slow" x valve, retro valve, rt valve, dont get me started on the speed of emags (especially tunaman's x-mag)
"Mags kick too much." Super bolt, lvl ten
"Mags barrels are terrible." ULE bodies
"Mags are ugly." Check out some bodies on AO, I saw Tuna's PBX in person, tell me its ugly, i dare you.
"Mags are heavy." First of all, if you lack the ability to cary >10lbs, but if you insist, ule bodies and x valves.
"Mags errrrr, have no range YA!." First of all, most paintmarkers have the same range. I say most because of flatlined markers, and ooooh excuse me, whats that, a z-body? o well, i guess some mags DO have MORE range than imps, some cockers, angels, ect.
"Mags have bad tech support." How to deal with this question: Repeat after me. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

BTAutoMag
05-08-2003, 09:32 PM
THIS THREAD LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everytime i think frankenstein is finanly dead someone sews on another part:D

LittlePaintballBoy
05-08-2003, 10:54 PM
me and my dad are at twisted pb in stockton and i asked why there werent any mags on the wall.
owner: o, your a magger.
me: yeah, id prefer it over any of those cockers or angels.
me: why dont you like em?
owner: theyre hard to maintain and shootdown alot.
i buy a barrel condom and walk out. my dad says while were walkin to the car " guy probably never seen a mag in his life.

it was pretty funny.

Crimson_Turkey
05-08-2003, 11:36 PM
This guy with a realy souped up E-mag I know once had this conversation:

Angel: What's that?
E-mag: It's and E-mag with a warp left body, redone ano job, intellifeed, 10" ultralight boomstick, flatline tank, warp feed and home machined drop? Yours?
Angel: uhhhh.. it's an LED, it's blue, and I have a crossfire tank on it.

and

"Dude, your cocker is missing the back block!"

Cryer
05-09-2003, 12:02 AM
This dude at my local field had never had anything better to do than bash on me & my precious Tippmann 98. Once I sold it for my mag, of course he couldn't help falling into that one...:p
He started talking crap (blender, brick, etc.), but by the end of the day (and ever since) the only thing he says to me is "You can be on my team if you want."

/me thinks: Can I now...?:rolleyes: :p I'm glad I meet your approval:rolleyes:
Loser

Everyone else at the field (especially since I got my ULE) has showered me with compliments.
It's awesome because I'm the only one there that actually uses a mag (and damn well, might I add:p )

ddan_p
05-09-2003, 12:03 AM
I never really get bashes on mine. The one day when it wasn't working, i still got compliments. The ones i've gotten(from a 3man, all of us toting emags).

Some guy to me,"They don't allow full auto here" (I saw this guy at a later tourny, said his was being shipped to his house as we spoke)

One of the refs to another,"Wow, did you see those mags going?"

And actually, we got various comments about how awesome they looked, no ugly ones. It was a sad day though, me and my not setting up the warp right, I was feeding miserably.

bryceeden
05-09-2003, 09:57 AM
My worst one is a team with cockers telling me "We are going to kick your ***, get a real gun. Everyone knows mags are too hard to take care of so it will just break down anyway." They then had a ref tell me to turn my marker off full auto(Why do so many people think mag users must be on full auto) I shot 4 of them that round(it was a 5 man tourny)

xadamx
05-09-2003, 01:30 PM
i think its funny that people always complain about how hard the mag pull is but everybody tends to think taht mag users are shooting on full auto all the time...

WARPED1
05-09-2003, 02:52 PM
"Mags are great.... FOR ME TO POOP ON!"

Alfredo
05-09-2003, 05:10 PM
I get this asked sometime, "How do you cock it?"

Joe AKA C&c xtrem X mag
05-09-2003, 06:38 PM
best one was when i was up at A tourny in Indiana and we using my lvl 10 intilli mag and the ref kept saying "this is the last time im telling ya turn ur gun off full auto" that was good and later that month at diehards tourny some dude with an IR3 said "dude u have a SFL emag those things suck get a real gun like an Angel" but in the finals me and my SFL ended up put about 7 balls on his back :)

plmcmahon
05-09-2003, 06:47 PM
LOL, WARPED1, I was just listening to some Triumph clips and was going to post that. :)

You should've added...

"I kieed, I kieed!"

;)

Johnny_Reb
05-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Hehe I guess im lucky, mags are often held above angels at my field. Almost all the Refs have owned one at one time and loved it. The owner hates cockers:) and loves mags.

Me and my two friends(Demobilized and auotmagking182) have caused at least three ppl to buy mags and we are constantly getting compliments on how well they preform. One time when Load_SM5 played there he was followed by ppl drooling over his SFL Emag.

By the way obsolete I can see why your upset about being called a candian, I know I would, but how does owning a mag make somone call you one?:confused:

Jason Stearns
05-09-2003, 08:47 PM
"Dude wtf is that, a golden gun, god that has to be a pos cause it only looks good" 4 games later........"Dude it is a golden gun, i get out before i even hear or see you..."

Bring it up for the Golden Micro Emags :-D
(its anoed not 24k)

Derman2k
05-10-2003, 10:49 AM
(8:06:37 AM): dont get the e mag it is a waist of money get the gz intimidator sam amount of money it is what the pros use
(8:06:59 AM): it can fire alot faster and dosnt have features that you dont need

I removed his name...

Gunga
05-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Got this one off of Paintball.com in the 'ULE Press Release' comments.

"Cool, i have never really liked mags, mostly a cocker guy, but these bodies will hopefully make the 'Mag more of a target for me. Most mags look like PaperTowl holders with a grip-frame."

Never quite thought of a Mag as a paper towel holder. :D

TheJester
05-10-2003, 12:17 PM
it was my 1st day out w/ my lvl 10, so it wasn't performing quiet up to par cause i had the wrong spring in. but when i turned up the veltocity it started to vent out the back after a min or 2, and the kid goes: "oh oh, what's what i hear, you're fancy mag is leaking" me: "yea, that's my fault, but the gun is smarter than i am, it's so i don't leave a big bloody welt on you cause i'm shooting hit"

WARPED1
05-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
it was my 1st day out w/ my lvl 10, so it wasn't performing quiet up to par cause i had the wrong spring in. but when i turned up the veltocity it started to vent out the back after a min or 2, and the kid goes: "oh oh, what's what i hear, you're fancy mag is leaking" me: "yea, that's my fault, but the gun is smarter than i am, it's so i don't leave a big bloody welt on you cause i'm shooting hit" Take typing lessons man!:D ;)

PzYcO
05-10-2003, 02:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607230477&category=36285

Crazy
05-10-2003, 06:08 PM
does my t-shirt count?

frost
05-10-2003, 06:43 PM
i swear on all to this

i was at my local field in the locker room and while pulling out my mag this kid about the same age as me is like your not thinking of walking onto the field with that **** gun your pulling out and so i ask him what hes using and replays with a brass eagle rainmaker

i laugh so hard i started to cry

Blazingace
05-10-2003, 09:26 PM
I had been bugging my local store to get an X-mag for like 5 months. One of the guys at the store was looking at my E-mag set up and said that they were awful guns. I finally got my X-mag and I set it up and brought it in. He then told me that though the gun is nice 'mags were dead to him. He would never shoot one. Once he got ahold of my X-mag he almost crapped himself. He offered me 1000 for it. I told him to suck an egg.

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-11-2003, 04:24 AM
At a tourny last night, one of the guys from another team had gun problems and needed a gun fast. His team was needed on the field for the last game and he needed something quick. My team had finished our last game so i offered him my emag. He proceeds to look at it and asks "What is it? Emag? Never heard of it." I thought that was good. "I don't care as long as it shoots". Probably better in this thread but i like mine.

Dslexik
05-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Played with a friend that had an electro Spyder
and was bragging about how he could shoot 13bps.
Before first game: "Watch out automatic, think your quick."
At the end of the day, "Your gun is too fast, its not fair your auto."

Another guy said
"You use a mag, way to keep it oldschool."

Very proud of my classic 68 with no mods.
Went through a case that day in 10 games and
not a single break or chop all day with maxim2.
Can't replace dependability.

Rancid Milk
05-11-2003, 10:21 AM
At my local field I brought my backup minimag and some kid with a cocker was like "dude, looks like you have a piece of black pvc pipe w. a trigger taped onto it. I told him that even thought it may not be ithe most sexy gun (in his eyes) I bet it was better than his cocker.

Next game his cocker got messed up and he didnt have a bckup so I let him use the minimag and he offered me $300 for it :) I told him to get his own piece of "pvc pipe" :)

PyRo
09-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I think the best is all the "WTF is that" when people saw my z-grip back in the day :)

Crazy
09-17-2003, 04:10 PM
I think its quite funny how almost all these stories come from all you people talking about Recballing. You all are so proud to shoot a gun thats slowly being exterminated from the tournament scene. Id work on selling your guns and try buying a clue, cause you obviously cant figure one out from all the ones given in these posts.

Hexis
09-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
I think its quite funny how almost all these stories come from all you people talking about Recballing. You all are so proud to shoot a gun thats slowly being exterminated from the tournament scene. Id work on selling your guns and try buying a clue, cause you obviously cant figure one out from all the ones given in these posts.

You made it pretty obvious who needs to buy a clue. It's not the folks who like their mag.

Digits
09-17-2003, 06:58 PM

Why does it matter what people are shooting at tournaments? Your supposed to shoot what you want not what everyone else does.. Hell I bet you own a damn timmy (no offence to anyone but they feel so much like spyders) anywayes why should it matter whats big in the tourny seen the ONLY way it would matter is if you got sponsered and had to use your sponsers gun.. Which is 90% unlikly for all of us..

and I had a kid to say to me once..

"Is that a cocker?"

The only bad thing anyone said is "You could play hella tight with this, but I dunno, i'm just not a big fan of them.."

UltimatePaintballer
09-17-2003, 07:16 PM
yea this autococker works great(getting it fixed):rolleyes:

Paintballers are preps, thats why i don't play, another:rolleyes:

Crazy
09-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Digits, your logic makes utterly no sense at all. Its like when you buy an automag your igonorance level increases 312312%. You guys think the paintball world revolves around an outdated, inefficient, and overall poorly designed gun referred to as an "automag". I bet you also think the world is flat, and we didnt actually land on the moon. The next time you guys try to defend your precious automag. I suggest you try and find some sort of tall structure and jump off of it. Make sure you bring a friend to clean up the mess your going to make.

Digits
09-17-2003, 09:21 PM
Ok if your so smart tell us what ANY other marker has over the mag other than efficiency.. :rolleyes:

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:30 PM
At first i was confused about this thread, but i get it now...

What it is is that your all so embarresed about putting hundreds of dollars into these sub par guns and not buying a decent electro to begin with, that you band together with other morons and talk about how great it is.

PERFECT

It's like aa, except instead of trying to fix the problem you guys just organize a giant circle jerk and shut off the other 95% of paintballers (because you lucky few think to be right) who try and point you in the right direction.

I do sympathize for the kids who cant afford anything else but just a little...

To put it blunty, owning any mag is like having sex with your dog because you couldn't save up enough to take a girl out.

Crazy
09-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Are you kidding? Any electronic gun, can preform better then an automag. Even a Viking is a better quality gun then the mag. If you want me to go into specifics, I really dont feel like writing a novel. Just honestly look at the tournament circuit. I think that would be the best source for what gun preforms the best. How many teams other then you STOP THE CURSING!!! cphilip AGD teams shoot exclusively mags?

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:37 PM
No joke guys, a bicycle can do the same things as a car so why not use one

Digits
09-17-2003, 09:40 PM
omfg your one of those kids..

ok lets look at it like this moron.. AGD has sponsered what 1, 2 teams maybe? You think all of these pro tourny players use these markers just because it's there favorite? Well your dead wrong as soon as you get a GOOD sponser (doubtfull with you) you'll see that you have to use some of there markers for them to sponser you.
I can't believe some of you morons, you just don't get it do you? Pro's don't use certain markers because they 100% want to, some might but some of them use them because they HAVE to.

But whatever I don't really care, it's useless arguing with someone with such blunt beliefes. Your the typical 'follower' who does something just because everyone else does.

Since you guys are such bigshots know-everything paintballers, what do you shoot?

Crazy
09-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Blunt beliefs.. look at everyone on these boards. You made a thread about how much trash your guns get and look how many pages it is? Doesnt that tell you something. Do you realize not all teams have gun sponsors. Id say about 10% of the people that play tournaments are only allowed to shoot one certain gun. So that leaves a huge majority with the decsion to shoot what they want. Automags are like the white trash of paintball, and the warpfeeds would be your trailors. You all just cant see it, cause you dont want to admit it. Some day youll see the light digit... someday.. Oh by the way. I shoot a Shocktech Matrix. I guess i have a poor taste in guns dont I?

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Ahhhh.....last time i checked any big name pro team (take your pick whether it be aftershock,dynasty,naugty dogs,trauma, gz, lockout blah blah blah) could get any sponsorship they wanted. Where do they go? Not agd. Whys that? Because they had the chance to play with mags already.....20 years ago....when the design was new and impressive....

Digits
09-17-2003, 09:54 PM
ok.. I'm going to tell you something.. I just bought an e-bladed cocker.. So i'm not defending the mag because I own one and think that i'm to scared to admit it im defending it because I truly think its a great gun.

And those 10% teams that do have sponsers there pro's right, so.. Theres always the people like you that think oh well those guys are pro's and they shoot a (so and so marker) so those markers must rock..

You still havn't answered my question though, what do you shoot?...

This is my TRUE HONEST opinion.. Honestlly I think all of the high end markers (e-mags, x-mags, matrix's, vikings, e-cockers) all have pro's and cons but really how much better can one be?

I doubt AGD would even sponser them so that comment was pretty stupid plague.. AGD has only sponsered like 1 team (maybe more but I know it's not much more).. So why would they start sponsering a bunch of other teams just because?

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Face it,your the black sheep of the paintball world.

Digits
09-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Answer my damn question, what do you shoot?

And I love it how you have to make some dumb comment because you've been proven wrong.

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:58 PM
ahh...i think he said he shoots a shocktech matrix....

And its hard to sponsor anyone when they wont return your calls.

Agd sponsors more than three teams, but dont worry about not knowing about them, you probably dont scroll down enough on the brackets

the plague
09-17-2003, 09:59 PM
I shoot a matrix and a timmy....ya you got shut down

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Did you ever stop and think that teams come to the Companys, instead of the company coming to them. If Pros WANTED to shoot mags, do you think they could find a way. Ill use Manny when he use to play for Shock. He wanted to use a Mag, so he used one. You cant prove me wrong saying its not up to the players on what they wanna shoot. All pros have a decsion on what they want to shoot. Feel free to argue with me on this point all you want. Cause it feels nice to shut you down on any argument you try and throw my way. Please make yourself look more like an idiot.

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Ya then what are the teams? Your just pulling crap out of your arsh now. And if they do sponser more teams there probablly not pro teams. Just like DYE or any other company will sponser non pro teams/local type teams, so you probablly would never hear about them.

And what does a shocktech matrix have over an e-mag.. I'm not saying an e-mag has anything over the matrix personally I think they are about equal but since mags suck so much I know you'll figure out something.

How did I get shut down with the timmy? Timmies suck IMHO EVERYONE shoots them, they feel like a spyder.. It says they operate like a spyder right in the manual, so now, whats so great about timmies other then the bounce you can get out of them :rolleyes: .. The only thing they have over other markers are there stupid milling which is pointless. If I wanted something to looke nice I wouldn't be looking for a paintball gun, im sorry but performance means more than looks to me in paintball.

And if there under a sponsership i'll still hold the arguement.. Let me guess.. He doesn't shoot a mag now because AGD didn't sponser him :rolleyes:

the plague
09-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Dude if you took the time to stop and read your posts you'd immediately have a seizure and die

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:09 PM
??

Ok.. I bet you don't even own a freaking timmy and a matrix, you probablly made that crap up moron.

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Preformace? Look at the Lvl 10 on a mag. You can only shoot a tank to 1000 psi or it doesnt operate. Oh yah.. top notch construction right there. Timmies milling being pointless.. lets see how much milling is there on a mag? Little to none. Next topic?

the plague
09-17-2003, 10:13 PM
How about agd lions and swarm to name a few....I'm leaving the pro teams out they sponsor because again, they're worse than those 2.

And the big dif. is that bounce your complaining about lets you shoot 33bps+ (if you could), doesn't chop, operates at insanely low pressure AND on top of this all looks good, for a low price.

And your telling me the paintball world uses them because they look good....Yes....thousands of trendy paintball players...As opposed to you and your cammo wearing backyard playing friends...

Congrats man you just pulled the old " Oh i didnt think the gun was loaded but i just blew the back of my head off" trick

the plague
09-17-2003, 10:14 PM
lol ok your right, i own a mag, can we be friends now?

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:15 PM
I said the milling is pointless because it's just there for looks and I don't see why look really matter on a paintball gun.. Just because it looks better doesn't mean it will perform better.

And my level 10 operates at 300 psi easy, get your facts straight before you post bs.

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:15 PM
You do know the better your gun looks the faster you can shoot right??

the plague
09-17-2003, 10:16 PM
down to 1000 psi then it becomes an old man in depends...

YOU LOSE

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by the plague
How about agd lions and swarm to name a few....I'm leaving the pro teams out they sponsor because again, they're worse than those 2.

And the big dif. is that bounce your complaining about lets you shoot 33bps+ (if you could), doesn't chop, operates at insanely low pressure AND on top of this all looks good, for a low price.

And your telling me the paintball world uses them because they look good....Yes....thousands of trendy paintball players...As opposed to you and your cammo wearing backyard playing friends...

Congrats man you just pulled the old " Oh i didnt think the gun was loaded but i just blew the back of my head off" trick

low price haha.. Anything over 20 BPS is overkill anywayes if you need to shoot more paint than that I think its aparant paintball isn't for you haha. X/Retro valve can cycle that fast anywayes (again if you can shoot that fast haha) so your point isn't really legit there buddy.

mine works fine at 1000 psi.. Again your points are stupid and illigitimate.

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:20 PM
People, why are you even responding to Crazy and plague? Crazy has clearly demonstrated that he enjoys nothing more than trying to piss off Viking and Mag owners. Why a mag hater posts on AO, or even posts in a thread like this is beyond me.

Just indulge him and tell him his Shocktech matrix is great. I mean, it must be, as he tries so desperately to convince everyone of that fact. Every forum I've posted on, be it cars, video games, or paintball, has a few people who enjoy nothing more than attacking everything they read. Crazy is one of the resident AO versions, and thats just fine. After all, every court needs its jester.

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:22 PM
You think if you were right your automag butt buddies would come in and try and defend you? Face it, your not proving anything. The only thing you can prove is you arent retarded cause you are barely getting out cohearent sentences. Thats about it...

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Crazy and plague, do you honestly think you are going to convince anyone here to stop using mags? Could we ever convince you to stop using your Matrix (Crazy) or your whatever (plague)? Please go somewhere you can post positive comments about the guns you own, rather than posting negative comments about the ones you don't.

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:25 PM
half the reason im arguing with them is because I want the chat party to happen sooner :D lol..

The other half is because I can't stand an idiot.. Especiall one that looks like this http://www.freewebs.com/boostiebomb/b2.jpg

haha ya, your right, i'm not retarded, you are.

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Automag butt buddies? :)

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
And steer is one of those people that gets a boner everytime he sees himself playing sloppy in his signature. Maybe if you were half way good at anything you wouldnt need this much gratification to make yourself feel like your good. Every court needs its jester.. Clever. I wouldnt have to attack your posts if you made valid claims. How can I compete with a guy that cant even spell his username right?

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Crazy is just lonely and seeks attention.

Crazy
09-17-2003, 10:29 PM
Nice picture of that not being me.. Look at trademark at the bottom... then shoot yourself.

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Man, and you attacked me for putting together incoherent sentences?

After trying to figure out what you were saying, I'm going to guess you were asking that I click on the bottom link. Does it have something to do with you. And is this you?

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:35 PM
And steer is one of those people that gets a boner everytime he sees himself playing sloppy in his signature. Maybe if you were half way good at anything you wouldnt need this much gratification to make yourself feel like your good. Every court needs its jester.. Clever. I wouldnt have to attack your posts if you made valid claims. How can I compete with a guy that cant even spell his username right?
How can you tell he's playing sloppy you don't have an actual picture of him being behind a bunker..

My god man, just leave if you hate the mag that much what are you doing here?

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 10:41 PM
What would it even matter if I was playing sloppy? Does the level of my play somehow correspond to the discussions taking place? Is Crazy a world-class paintballer, and does that make his arguments much more valid?

And anyone who puts pictures of little boys in his sig shouldn't attack other people's sigs.

atcer
09-17-2003, 10:47 PM
oh but if you shoot a mag, then you dont get all the fun and compleatly pointless menu options to sift thru when you are playing. becuase thats what i play paintball for.. to sit out on the speedball feild and play with buttons backlit colors and scrolling messages. LCD, IR3 palm software, Datalink, whopedyfreakindo, who cares about all that shiz. if the marker shoots it works right? Mega-ubermatic paintslingers are usless if you dont like them. it is the opinion of many on this board that the mech marker is perfect for them. I owned a timmy and an impy when they were both new. i hated them i hated how plasticy and junky they felt. stacked tube electro crap. I now own a standerd boring classic 68. (with lx and xvalve to come) but it all boils down to personal perference. You like timmys because bill johnson from team sell out shoots a super sleak custom annoed mega milled marker with 67option menu that can record shots per second, cycles per second.. blah blah blah... If ya dont like mags or the people that would stand by them come heller high water... dont come here.
ryan

Digits
09-17-2003, 10:50 PM
^^

Well said

ERut
09-17-2003, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crazy
And steer is one of those people that gets a boner everytime he sees himself playing sloppy in his signature. Maybe if you were half way good at anything you wouldnt need this much gratification to make yourself feel like your good. Every court needs its jester.. Clever. I wouldnt have to attack your posts if you made valid claims. How can I compete with a guy that cant even spell his username right? [/QUOTE

I bet you spend hella money on jerseys an delectros cause they make you feel better don't you?

Valid claims? Lets talk about your "valid claim" that the level ten doesn't function if your tank is filled over 1000 psi? Are you stupid? have you ever used one? Seen one? Or are you just some loser who gets his jollies off of playing devil's advocate because you have nothing better to do?

Its sure funny how someone who hates mags so much has almost a thousand posts on AUTOMAGS.org:rolleyes:

Blazestorm
09-17-2003, 11:13 PM
My emag is been called a machine gun by many people :P

Mapp from naughty dogs shot it and was like "dude that thing's a ****ing machine gun" he let me shoot his eblade it felt nice but it was like half as fast as my emag :)

Quiet fun :D

It truly is a machine gun because I don't think people know how to setup their emag triggers, I never see anyone with a nice trigger on an emag

spacedtedybear
09-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Guys, stop troll baiting him. In time, he'll crawl back under his bridge.

ERut
09-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by the plague
down to 1000 psi then it becomes an old man in depends...

YOU LOSE

Do you read these before you post?

-=Squid=-
09-17-2003, 11:18 PM
"Mags dont have any range"

sps16
09-17-2003, 11:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with you? Your obviously not reading your own posts, where are your valid posts? All i see here is repressed negative emotion against mags. Whats wrong, was the first gun you ever got owned by a mag?

Wow your a really big man, for that? I'm sure you've bought your clue, because its eveident to me that you have no clue what your talking about? Frankly< in the tournament circuit, There is way too much emphsis placed on how good your guns are, look at Bad Company, playing pro with spyders? Other teams like tippmann effect....

Id say about 10% of the people that play tournaments are only allowed to shoot one certain gun. So that leaves a huge majority with the decsion to shoot what they want. Automags are like the white trash of paintball, and the warpfeeds would be your trailors. You all just cant see it, cause you dont want to admit it. Some day youll see the light digit... someday.. Oh by the way. I shoot a Shocktech Matrix.
When you say 10% of people who play tournaments aren't restricted to use one type of gun, your talking about every level of tourney play, we're not, we are talking strickly about pro/amatuer. Any good pro team has a gun Sponsorship. Ironmen= timmys, Aftershock= Shocktech, Strange= Impulses, All Americans= Impulses, Dynasty= Angels, i could go on forever...

Load SM5
09-17-2003, 11:25 PM
So anyway...now that the plague (appropriate name) and Crazy have both been banned for flaming, let's keep this thread civil and get it back on track, alright?

Steelrat
09-17-2003, 11:27 PM
Load, you just made my day. Back to stories of Mag glory :)

sps16
09-17-2003, 11:30 PM
that was quick load :)

Digits
09-17-2003, 11:31 PM
You think if you were right your automag butt buddies would come in and try and defend you? Face it, your not proving anything. The only thing you can prove is you arent retarded cause you are barely getting out cohearent sentences. Thats about it...

lol.. There here now..

And thanks Load :D

ERut
09-17-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
So anyway...now that the plague (appropriate name) and Crazy have both been banned for flaming, let's keep this thread civil and get it back on track, alright?

You serious?

:D Proud to be a butt buddy:D

Z-man
09-17-2003, 11:59 PM

Strike someone's sensitive area did we?

Why is it for all people's antics, they still think that the gun makes the player? All you need to convince a newbie that you are a pro is a jersey and a shiny gun. Why are you complaining about the gun anyway. You don't have to have one, I choose to, so what? can you beat me? do you think I could beat you if I had and Angel but not if I had a Mag? Are you REALLY thinking that shallow and consumeristic or is it just because you ar arguing with 5 different people on something you cannot win?

ZAust
09-18-2003, 12:13 AM
thats it. i think we need to start a new club. THE AUTOMAG BUTT BUDDIES.

atcer
09-18-2003, 01:04 AM
ok this is crappy because i dont have photoshop on this damn school computer they make us use so this is a rough rough idea for the Butt Buddy theme.someone with photoshop could do a pro one all layered and stuff. Ive never posted a pic so i hope this works...

bryceeden
09-18-2003, 07:36 AM
OK, back on to the point of this thread. I was at Pegleg paintball the other day, and this MORON of a sales rep was trying to get me to buy an Angel speed(they still don't realize I run a location of Millennium Paintball-their biggest competitor) And after telling him I didn't like the feel of the trigger he gets in my face and is screaming that it is the best and fastest gun on the market. Finnaly he says "you probably shoot a mag don't you" so I say yes and he freaks out about how all mags are is toilet paper tubes with a grip frame, and proclaims that the &$#%*X mag chops so much paint that all you get to do is clean it not play. When I ask where he gets his misinformation he says PBN, and then dip %#@& more orders then asks me to buy the angel. I leave and one of the other costamers catches me out side and says they treat him like that too because of his RTP. The next day I play in a local tourny and here is Moron sales rep and he sees my classic and blows up about how dare I argue with him when I shoot such a piece of &%($. About half an hour later I get to play his team, and me and my team of four mags and a spyder beat his Angel team in 37secons without losing a player. I don't know if this is the right thread, but I need to vent befor I drive down there and kill a sales rep.

Digits
09-18-2003, 09:03 AM
hahaha thats great I love it when people get shut out like that :D

Hexis
09-18-2003, 09:09 AM
bryceeden this is the right thread, and that's a great story.

Marek
09-18-2003, 11:35 AM
bryceeden, great story.

Had a guy at my local shop tell me that there is a vid of a Speed shooting 31 bps. I laughed, and said that that was impossible. He asked me how I knew and told him that I frequent AO and said that I was misinformed. So, I asked to see the vid, and told me that he would give me the address later. Never did get that address.

GSKRAP
09-18-2003, 04:30 PM
I was at a field and i knew something on my setup was leaking because there was a constant hissing noise. i found it was a fitting and i was talking to my friend about it to see if he had teflon tape or loctite or something i could fix it with. this kid shooting an electro spider hears me say "something is leaking" and he starts yelling, "this kid's mag is leaking! figures, mags are such pieces of $#!%"... that made me pretty mad... but i didnt really say anthing, because his comment and HIS marker spoke for him....

Creative Mayhem
09-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Oh man, I almost forgot about this thread... I have a good one...

I was at a tourney not too long ago, to check out Team Hysteria(omni's team). I had my Xmag with me to show Omni. Well, a couple people(at different times) came up and asked if my xmag mag was the new pirahna... WTF?!?! All I could do was laugh, and say no, this is Paitnballs most sought after marker, THE XMAG. They just looked at me with bewilderment... LOL

Tom, next time you decide to make a body, dont make it look like a pirahna :rolleyes: :D

LONG LIVE THE PIRAHNA XMAG!! LMAO

Lohman446
09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Someone: Mags are horribly inefficent.
Me (looking at my 91/4500 tank - I like the balance it gives, took it over a 45/45): So...

I was at the field one day and the conversation went like this
Newbie: What kind of gun should I get, a cocker, Angel, or Mag
Cocker owner: This basically gives you the speed of an Angel and the accuracy of a cocker (E-blade), mags are nice, but they are not as accurate... they never break
(general idea of conversation, the man was not totally trash talking)
Newbie: really
Cocker owner: Yeh watch
Fires one shot, hits pipe target (smallest target available)
Me: having heard the conversation, walks over and shoots the same one shot... TING
Me, looking at cocker owner (who is so 1000 times better player than me): I'm not doing that again... I don't think I can

Really guys, those of you who want to talk of better guns, are way too arrogant, yes there are better guns out there - for certain people. Until you can outshoot a mag, and are more accurate than a mag is capable of, concentrate on your skills, rather than your gun. I don't care if your gun can stack paint, if you can't it does not matter. And most people who insist on hiding behind there gun, are not that good.

Cypres0099
09-18-2003, 06:05 PM
I have a great one.

A couple months ago a friend and I were playing at our local field. He had his emag and I had my Xmag.

We were both using 2-3 month old field paint. We were both bouncing paint off of everybody all day. We didn't really care so we played with it all day.

So when we're done playing and back in the proshop, some kid says:

"I don't like mags, they bounce paint too much."

We asked him to repeat himself to make sure we heard him right. Even after we told him about the paint we were using, he still contended that it was the guns.