PDA

View Full Version : Barrel OVERsizing

HyperSnyper
06-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Ok,

I have read in the paintballcity forum that many of the pros will actually oversize their barrel bore sizing. If they shoots Marbs, they use something like a 695 freak insert or have a 692 Boomy ID barrel. They claim to do this to ensure there are NO barrel breaks whatsoever.

There were numerous pros posting in the thread vouching for it. They said accuracy was pretty much the same, just less ball breaks.

Can anyone please add some input. This sounds like its completely negating the purpose or correct paint to barrel matching.

LMK.

-Hyper

FutureMagOwner
06-04-2002, 03:53 PM
i havent heard that but i have heard that people would use small inserts to chrono and then switch it with a bigger one to have a higher velocity though

hitech
06-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Give it a try. You might be surprised at the results. :eek:

Goldie D Pimp
06-04-2002, 07:53 PM
I normally run a size or so bigger. Not a BUNCH, but slightly bigger just for that reason. You may lose some efficiency, but if I'm at a tourney, I top my tank off after most games anyway, so efficiency really isn't an issue.

kilaueakid
06-04-2002, 11:41 PM
Todd Hugo... back player for the All Americans uses the largest freak insert given to him by Billy G, co-owner of SP. And a hint....it probably isn't for efficency/accuracy reasons!! Especially with an Impulse.

kila

paintbattler
06-04-2002, 11:46 PM
yea, all i can say is try it and find out. it makes sense though because there wouldbe no tight spots in the barrel for the paint to squeeze through

RobAGD
06-05-2002, 12:34 AM
Guys there will be very very little differnace in accuracy.

I have been running a rather large bore barrel for a long time and i have very very little problems shooting some of the most brittle paint made ( read Hell Fire, Evil, Imperial ).

I dont give up any accuracy at all over a slightly snugger fit. All you loose is some gass effeciancy.

btw - Hellfire rolls out of my 694 PMI Perfect just to give you an idea. I wish I could get more of those PMI barrel in smaller ID's but its not a big deal at all.

-Robert

liigod
06-05-2002, 12:38 AM
if bob long says its better, and he has told me in person that it is, then i belive it. WHY? Cus his guns are great, and his equipment that he says is good is good. THe funny things are stuff like cylone bolts with his name on them, he even says they suck.

liigod
06-05-2002, 12:45 AM
oh yea, and i HAVE tried it, and i do use it.

hitech
06-05-2002, 01:23 PM
BTW, if you want to try it cheaply, get the crown point barrel from the online store. Only $20.