PDA

View Full Version : Doh... Help!!!

G-man
06-04-2002, 05:24 PM
I have owned my 'Mag for about 3 years and done numerous upgrades to it... After playing this weekend, I recieved the go-ahead from my wife (the keeper of the money) to take part in the "GO RETRO" program. I eagerly sent my bolt in on Monday, even putting my RA number on the package. HOWEVER.... While surfing at WARPIG, I noticed the R/T valve only works with compressed air or nitro. The field I play at only has Co2. AHHHHHHHHH...

Am I hosed?? If so.. can I get my bolt back?? Please?? Or must I order a new gun?? AHHH... My wife is gonna KILL me!! HELP!!!

Thanks..

G

rjvemt1
06-04-2002, 05:26 PM
start buggin your field owner to go nitro!if not im sure agd will get your valve back to you.

rjvemt1
06-04-2002, 05:45 PM
yah he could do that but hes gonna need 3 or 4 tanks to get thru the day.

FrAuStY
06-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Buy a scuba tank (70-140$) and a nitro tank.. and get it filled..then you can fill your nitro tank like 15 times for about 3$. Its a big investment.. but its worth it in the long run. If you want.. I will trade you my valve assembly plus 100$ for the retro.. lol ;)

G-man
06-04-2002, 07:20 PM
Believe me, I'd like to upgrade to Nitro... but my budget (and wife) say no.. Plus... is there a scuba shop in North Dakota?!?

xatle
06-04-2002, 07:42 PM
call agd, tell them youve made a mistake and to please send you your original valve, hopefully they havent shipped the retro yet.

if you get your original valve back then take that unspent cash and start looking for someplace that can fill a scuba tank for you, when you find one, get a hpa tank(i think a new one can be bought online for around $70, then get a scuba tank and fill station, you can prolly work your whole co2 to hpa conversion for under $200.
until your running hpa, hpa is the biggest improvment you can make for your mag.

G-man
06-04-2002, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the advice... I'll call them in the AM... Now... anyone know how to gently break the news to the wife?!? heh

Lone Gunman
06-06-2002, 03:25 PM
Don't tell her! That way you can start going to nitro instead.