PDA

View Full Version : to many 9v batt.s

rjvemt1
06-04-2002, 06:19 PM
between my hyperframe, revvy, and warp ive got a hole herd of 9v batt.s on my mag.now i dont know anything about amps and watts and volts other than the basic stuff, but here is my idea. could i slip a 9v makita drill batt. into my tank cover then rig a harness to run all of my electronic goodies off of that one batt. or something like that?

hitech
06-04-2002, 08:17 PM
It would be way over kill, but sure, you could. However, if your revvy uses two 9 volt batteries then you won't be able to to run that (two 9 volt batteries in series is 18 volts). You could use the emag battery and some voltage regulators...

MagMaster2
06-04-2002, 08:52 PM
this is a good idea and many people do this with their emag batteries. there is some very cheap and useful hardware that you can buy to help you with this project. first of all you will need some wire ( it doesn't really matter what kind but I would recomend solid core for simpilcity. Next go to radio shack and buy a 4 pack of 9 volt snaps for like $2. These snaps are shaped just like the connectors on a 9 volt battery, just reversed so it will be easy to connect them to your goodies. You can now solder or connect or whatever the wires to your drill battery. You will need three sets of two wires all connected in parrolel to the battery. So three wires on the - terminal and 3 wires on the + terminal. assuming your revvy is 9 volts you will have little trouble. Assuming the wire from the + terminal of the battery is red you will have to connect the red battery lead wire to the black wire of the 9 volt snap and the black wire from the battery to the red wire of the snap. You should now have a battery with 3 9 volt snaps hanging off of it. Now all that you need to do is tuck the drill battery away andconnect the snaps to the devices. Just remember that the red or + wire from the battery will be connected to the black or normally - wire of the snap and same with the black battery wire. If your revolution is an 18 volt then the circuit will be alot more complicated.

FrAuStY
06-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Why not use a re-chargeable 9.6V RC car battery which Is what I did.. you can run everything of it in parallel. You'll just need to find the male plug so you can solder your power leads going to the loader/warp/frame etc, and still be able to plug the battery into a charger. If you solder them directly to the leads of the battery.. good luck getting it to charge. Pm if you want details.

- The 9.6v weighs less than a drill battery and it fits into my tankcover no problem.

rjvemt1
06-05-2002, 11:51 AM
i see what your sayin. my brother has a rc10(the men in my family dont grow up very fast;))if i remember correctly its alot more compact then the makita!well im of to radio shack to get some supplies, color coordinated shrink tube and a couple of those rc batts, how long do they last? and a charger, thanks guys ill post pics when im done.