PDA

View Full Version : need help

emumikey
06-04-2002, 06:43 PM
I have an old school automag RT that I bought a few weeks ago. I posted about a week ago saying that I was chopping really bad and shooting two balls per trigger pull. Well I took everybody's replies and put them to use. Someone suggested that the on/off was bad.I put in a new On/Off assembly. Another person said that the benchmark frame was the problem, so I put on a z-grip. I also went through and replaced every o-ring in the gun. Well, nothing fixed it. The gun still shoots 2 balls per pull. One on the pull, and one on the release. It doesnt happen all the time but when it does it drops the velocity and it starts chopping. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Thanks.

and on a side note. I laugh about this gun because the whole reason I bought a mag was because I heard they were very reliable, never broke, and were easy to maintain and fix. I gotta say it, my cocker is easier to troubleshoot than this gun.

xatle
06-04-2002, 07:24 PM
it sounds like the seer isnt catching the bolt on its first try sometimes.
first i would make sure the seer isnt rounded where it catches the bolt, also look at the bolt for the same thing.

also, did you replace the on/off with an RT on/off or an RT pro on/off? i believe the on/off pin in the classic RT is longer than the pro version, useing an rt pro on/off in an old school RT could cause this sort of problem maybe?

does the body and or rail have an after market paint job of any sort? if your mag has an AM paint job and it wasnt masked properly it can upset the tolerance between the seer and the valve.

ive never had this problem but i feel comfortable saying that either the seer and/or bolt is worn, the seer is too far from the valve because of a bad paint job, or the on/off pin is too short.

best of luck with it.

emumikey
06-04-2002, 07:44 PM
It can't be the on/off. I just replaced today, its an RT On/Off (.750 or whatever). Also not the sear. It isn't worn down at all. Another problem I found today is that while shooting the trigger will just go limp all of a sudden and will then be unable to fire. Any other ideas?

hitech
06-04-2002, 08:14 PM
If you haven't already, register the marker with AGD. When you call them to register it ask them for the RT video (you only have to pay for shipping). Then when the video comes, watch it. Everything you ever wanted to know about your RT but were afraid to ask is in there. :D

xatle
06-04-2002, 08:17 PM
baffled.
your running hpa? is it an adjustable reg? what is it set at? when the trigger goes limp, you meen it fires, then the trigger rod fails to push back out, or does it just not fire?

emumikey
06-04-2002, 08:50 PM
the gun will fire but then the rod will not push back out. I have the video and two different manuals, this is not covered in any of them. Im running HPA. It is adjustable and no pressure fixes the problem.

xatle
06-05-2002, 05:33 AM
you need to send it to agd, put as many stock parts on as possible, they dont like fixing markers that have problems caused by someone elses parts, read this page for more info http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml