PDA

View Full Version : Amazing but true...

bunkerhugger
06-05-2002, 12:33 AM
I went to play at SC Village this weekend, not a short trip considering I live in Tucson, AZ. On the way there I visited several paintball shops where my buddy decided to pick up a Retro Valve. We installed it in the hotel room and went off to play the next day. Having packed very light we didn't have any oil with us and this caused the gun's velocity to be very erratic. No problem I thought - I'll borrow some oil from the tech guys at SC.

We took the valve over to them and they willingly oiled up the valve. The oil seemed a bit strange to me, very thick and red colored but the tech said it was good oil, designed to be used on compressed air guns. Not being an oil expert I said okay and the gun seemed to work fine the rest of the day. The velocity was still a bit erratic but definitely playable.

So today I started cleaning the guns and figured I'd give them both a good oil job. My friend's valve started acting funny from the first test shots so I degassed it and started taking the valve apart. First thing I noticed was the o rings had pink spots on them. Then I couldn't get the on off assembly out. After a lot of work, and using tools on the assembly I never thought I would, I found the problem - the oil was red locktite. It was layered on the on off assembly and had to be scraped off with a pick. I've spent hours scraping and checking every nook and cranny in the valve. I've replaced every o-ring. And guess what - It works perfect.

That's why I use AGD products - we used red locktite as oil and somehow the gun worked an entire day and will continue to work now that we've cleaned up the mess. AGD quality sees me through even the strangest of errors.

zvanut
06-05-2002, 12:38 AM
tested once again....

and the verdict

AGD comes out on top

Bonx0007
06-05-2002, 12:39 AM
OMG!!!:eek:
I would be suing people.

liigod
06-05-2002, 12:40 AM
lol, i dont think that u can measure a gun by someone red loctiteing their gun up. Also, how did u not realize it was loctite... :eek: :confused: :confused:

Schnitzel
06-05-2002, 12:41 AM
man...thats really bad if the techs put loctite in ur mag. do you know where the techs were stationed at? was it WORRgames in the white booth, or down the road a bit further?

bunkerhugger
06-05-2002, 12:46 AM
It was in booth 5 I believe - same place where they were doing compressed fills.

How did I not know it was loctite? It looked like some thick red liquid. When it comes to oils and fluids you might as well be talking about cars to me - they all look the same until I actually use one.

AGD
06-05-2002, 12:56 AM
WOW! That's a heck of a testimonial! I sent the link to everyone at AGD. I would like to know who put that stuff in your valve.

AGD

zvanut
06-05-2002, 12:57 AM
though the rumor AGD is going bankrupt is till around....

they remain ahead in reliability.

lets see your cocker do that (not intended at anyone inparticular)

another KO for AGD

Army
06-05-2002, 12:59 AM
Air tool oil can be red in color. He must have mistaken the Loc-tite for that.

On the other hand, I would be HIGHLY upset if a so-called airsmith did that to anything of mine! I would write a nasty-gram to SC Village and tell them what happened.

liigod
06-05-2002, 01:17 AM
im guna have a talk with sc village...

the123
06-05-2002, 08:08 AM
Maybe the guy just didn't like Mags. I wonder what he was thinking after you were still playing an hour later. LOL

Thordic
06-05-2002, 08:11 AM
Actually, loctite will not dry in the presence of air. It's an anaerobic sealant. Thats one reason I ALWAYS use loctite on my fittings and not teflon. If Loctite DOES get into your gun, most of it will get blown right through the valve without getting a chance to hang up.

But yeah, it really does suck, I would be ready to kill someone.

Did he know you were from out of town? I'm curious if it was some wise... having some fun at your expense. Your $270 expense.

Schnitzel
06-05-2002, 08:19 AM
ahh..those guys were from the WORRgames booth. tsk tsk tsk...they should have known better, but then it could have been a mistake. If you are going to complain, SCVillage won't care, the white booth is run separate from the park.

bunkerhugger
06-05-2002, 09:58 AM
I'm just chalking it up to an honest mistake. I didn't get the feeling there was anything out of the ordinary going on, the guy barely noticed I was there, he was just going through his normal routine. Complaining to the field owner wouldn't change anything in my case and might end up with a new park policy of techs not being allowed to offer help to non rental guns. It was a mistake with an amazing result. And one more story of why I use AGD products.

Tactical Neural Implant
06-05-2002, 11:35 AM
I would tend to agree with Army, maybe they thought it was airtool oil, kroil, hydraulic 5606, etc because its red. I hope thats what they though, because otherwise they're very ignorant. I love my mag!

BTAutoMag
06-05-2002, 11:38 AM
ROFL

i would kick some teck butt if they did that

AcemanPB
06-05-2002, 11:49 AM
wow i can't believe it still worked, anyway it sounded like an honest mistake from what you told us, but still i would call the guy and tell him just in case he might accidently do it agian.

rjvemt1
06-05-2002, 11:56 AM
Air tool oil can be red in color. He must have mistaken the Loc-tite for thatisnt air tool oil a lot thinner and somewhat translucent?

WickeDKlowN
06-05-2002, 12:00 PM
heh, one more reason to choose AGD products over the others. as soon as you said thick red oil, i figured it was loctite.

Edit: I would like to see someone try that with another gun, im not going to name any names *COUGH*cocker*COUGH*. lol.